Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that addons like these what ruins wow. It takes too much skill off player and transfer it onto an addon. Zzz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Honestly a lot of this sounds like Stockholm Syndrome, "Targeting has always sucked, get used to it!"-type shit. Of course it's not impossible or even particularly hard to multidot without enemygrid, but it's a huge QoL improvement and it's something that a lot of other MMOs do way better than WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Honestly a lot of this sounds like Stockholm Syndrome, "Targeting has always sucked, get used to it!"-type shit. Of course it's not impossible or even particularly hard to multidot without enemygrid, but it's a huge QoL improvement and it's something that a lot of other MMOs do way better than WoW.
    it wasn't impossible, it's hard. And it's one of defining skills that take apart bad players from good ones. It's like saying "you shouldn't ban mouse macros in SC2, because macro management already is pain in the ass, and my macro that poops out probe every 13 seconds is actually QoL improvement"
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

And yet the OP specifically says that it's hard for them. Maybe Blizzard should just mail us all the loot. That would be such QoL improvement.

You're not doing much to disprove my Stockholm Syndrome point.

This is a game with a targeting system that was implemented 12 years ago and has seen very little in the way of improvement in those 12 years. An addon comes along that takes advantage of new API functions, that greatly improves the targeting system that people have been complaining about for a long time. Many players rejoice at the fact that targeting the mob they want is much easier than it was with the default system, or even with addons that improved nameplates. Then, Blizzard breaks this addon, and the people that enjoyed using the much improved targeting system that was in place for a couple months complain about severely reduced QoL. And now you come in here and go "Well it used to be like this before, if you don't like it fuck off! Please don't try to argue that Blizzard should fix their shitty targeting system or I'll call you a bad player that wants loot mailed to them."

Multidotting isn't hard right now, but that doesn't mean that breaking enemygrid and leaving the other targeting options as shitty as they've always been is a good solution.
    Last edited by blargh312; 2016-10-27 at 07:09 AM.

The addon didn't "improve" targetting, it literally removed it. Sure, the target system has been around for a long time, but so has chess and people still enjoy it unchanged. Many people rejoiced because the addon literally removed any semblance of skill from the spec. I'm sorry that this game remains challenging in some aspects. Though to be quite honest, I kind of feel like I'm in a backwards alternate reality world where switching targets is considered challenging.

Comparing WoW to chess is the best thing I've seen in a long time. I love how the chess devs make changes to their game on an almost daily basis, that's such an apt comparison.

Well then! For me, calling target switching clunky and hard is the best thing I've seen in a long time. I guess we both found something funny to read on this fine Thursday morning!

Smh LFR kings get salty when their ezmode addon gets destroyed. It made some fights literally into you staring at the addon and playing whack-a-mole.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Smh LFR kings get salty when their ezmode addon gets destroyed. It made some fights literally into you staring at the addon and playing whack-a-mole.
    Yeah, it's a shame we can't all play hunters.

Though if target switching is such a sore spot for you, maybe you should consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    There are nameplate addons that don't overlap
    Please recommend one that does that. I've arleady tested like 6 different addons, Tidy plates, Plater nameplates, Kui nameplates, Nameplate auras to try default ones, and a few more I can't recall now because I uninstalled them as they were shit. Ive played with changing clickable area around nameplates and some other settings but it's all waste of time since nameplates are all clumped together.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Though if target switching is such a sore spot for you, maybe you should consider it.
    I feel like you haven't read anything I've said.

Of course it's not impossible or even particularly hard to multidot without enemygrid
    Multidotting isn't hard right now, but that doesn't mean that breaking enemygrid and leaving the other targeting options as shitty as they've always been is a good solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldazaar View Post
    Practice your rotation? That definitely solves the issue with 5-6 regular nameplates overlapping and being unable to click the one without dots so you can apply em, or shall I just tab 3 times till I actually target the one I want to apply dots to? All that while trying to stay in voidform or fight with the sometimes retarded camera. God forbid players having fun in WoW.

While they are at it, perhaps they should remove the party/raid frames as well, so healers like you be clicking on friendlyname plates.
    How do you think Tanks select the 1 mob we need to taunt in an entire crowd of mobs ??
    prot-hint: we don't use enemy grid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    Please recommend one that does that. I've arleady tested like 6 different addons, Tidy plates, Plater nameplates, Kui nameplates, Nameplate auras to try default ones, and a few more I can't recall now because I uninstalled them as they were shit. Ive played with changing clickable area around nameplates and some other settings but it's all waste of time since nameplates are all clumped together.
    Tide plates used to have the option, i currently have it overlapped tho.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

I feel like you haven't read anything I've said.
    You mean the part where you call targetting "shitty"? What exactly is shitty about it? You admit yourself that OP is wrong and that targetting isn't hard. Well then, case closed, the addon won't be missed by anyone with half a brain cell.

Priest is far easier to play in a raid situation, all you have to do is target a mob that spawns. Hunters have to change their position in the room entirely to hit the new add(s) plus the boss(or just all adds entirely).

I fail to see how Hunters are being easier to play in this matter. But I guess that's why you belong to a LFR/normal raiding population.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    The addon didn't "improve" targetting, it literally removed it. Sure, the target system has been around for a long time, but so has chess and people still enjoy it unchanged. Many people rejoiced because the addon literally removed any semblance of skill from the spec. I'm sorry that this game remains challenging in some aspects. Though to be quite honest, I kind of feel like I'm in a backwards alternate reality world where switching targets is considered challenging.
    It did? I must have missed that bit. I was busy trying to keep VF up and rotating enemies. The addon didn't do that for me. Neither did it help me judging which targets to cast spells on. I guess I'll just return to accidentally pulling mobs because tab targeting is still broken and if I read the tweets right they removed any improvements they made to it.

If the skill of shadow priests for you is about selecting your targets I wonder if you ever enter VF or play with S2M. If you continue to look at the other classes I wonder how many of those actually need to select every target on the screen one by one in a fixed rotation anymore. Most do seem to just have some form of AOE for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You mean like every healer ever?

Heaven forbid the game provide some QOL. How about you turn off DBM while raiding or doing any real content? Also, trying traveling to work via horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not doing much to disprove my Stockholm Syndrome point.

This is a game with a targeting system that was implemented 12 years ago and has seen very little in the way of improvement in those 12 years. An addon comes along that takes advantage of new API functions, that greatly improves the targeting system that people have been complaining about for a long time. Many players rejoice at the fact that targeting the mob they want is much easier than it was with the default system, or even with addons that improved nameplates. Then, Blizzard breaks this addon, and the people that enjoyed using the much improved targeting system that was in place for a couple months complain about severely reduced QoL. And now you come in here and go "Well it used to be like this before, if you don't like it fuck off! Please don't try to argue that Blizzard should fix their shitty targeting system or I'll call you a bad player that wants loot mailed to them."

You are not doing much to prove your point anyways.

Targeting is a mechanic. Addon removes it completely (aka, you don't need to navigate your screen to target shit at all), addon gets restricted - people who relied too much on it get upset because they can't compete with those who didn't. That's, literally it.

My opinion on this situation stands as it was back in wotlk, when dumb addon that draw circles on the ground emerged - raiders don't need it. Game is already trivialized enough, dumbing it down even further via addons is ridiculous.

Targeting system works as it should - you click on stuff or hover mouse over it and do other stuff. Some people are quicker than others, some have technical issues they refuse to solve (aka "omg blizz fix targeting my mouse lmb doubleclick and i can't target shit!!1"). Nameplates, focus targeting, targettarget targeting already does great job, if you can't manage raid with these tools - well, that's an issue that lies between keyboard and a chair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atwaru View Post
    It did? I must have missed that bit. I was busy trying to keep VF up and rotating enemies. The addon didn't do that for me. Neither did it help me judging which targets to cast spells on. I guess I'll just return to accidentally pulling mobs because tab targeting is still broken and if I read the tweets right they removed any improvements they made to it.
    What's wrong with tab targeting? It targets enemies without re-targeting the same one, so you can do SWP>tab>SWP>tab etc just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    My opinion on this situation stands as it was back in wotlk, when dumb addon that draw circles on the ground emerged - raiders don't need it.
    Blizz killed AVR and then added the exact same functionality into the base game an expansion later. If that's their plan with targeting and enemygrid, I'm fine with it. Though if that's the case it'd be nice if they were upfront about it.