Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    yay more timed bullshit.

I bet blizzcon will be full of blue shirted autists who "gotta go fast" thanks to this social engineering.
    Yes because instances that take an hour to complete where you fight one pack at a time all instance are SO exciting!

/s

Seriously, huge dangerous pulls with a time constraint were incredibly fun, but ruined everyone's BC era fantasy of one shot mechanics arbitrarily limiting how much you could pull. Congrats, you've got M+15 for that now instead of the infinitely more fun CM system that allowed you to do entire instances in 3 or 4 massive pulls that actually tested you. Fucking ridiculous how people love spending 45 minutes in a dungeon instead of 4.

/rantover

Seriously, a fucking speed run ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvissa View Post
    Ah fair enough, I'm probably mis-remembering then. Burning Crusade was a long time ago and I'm old.
    it was harder cause grouping was harder i guess

Anyone know if you can reset the instance to reset the timer or is it a one shot per week thing ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yep. Attunement is simple and yet I saw people on my server complaining. Fucking entitlement is real.
    When I got home yesterday, I only saw group requests for Kara, none for the attunement. But I was hosting an online RPG session anyway, just looked out of curiosity. Let's see, how many of my guild members will show up in the evening...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Yes because instances that take an hour to complete where you fight one pack at a time all instance are SO exciting!

/s

Seriously, huge dangerous pulls with a time constraint were incredibly fun, but ruined everyone's BC era fantasy of one shot mechanics arbitrarily limiting how much you could pull. Congrats, you've got M+15 for that now instead of the infinitely more fun CM system that allowed you to do entire instances in 3 or 4 massive pulls that actually tested you. Fucking ridiculous how people love spending 45 minutes in a dungeon instead of 4.

/rantover
    I am an oldschool player, I am speaking of Classic and BC oldschool, with CC and priority targets. I prefer trash mobs being more of a tactical excercise.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Anyone know if you can reset the instance to reset the timer or is it a one shot per week thing ?
    You can keep doing it (coined it like two times so far).

The timer is very lenient, just saying.
    Last edited by Rakael; 2016-10-27 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post
    In my experience, most people just used the 'smiley entrance'.
    really? i didnt see anyone do that. All I remember is standing at the gate, clicking it over and over waiting for everyone to run in. Saying "all in?" getting no reply, running in, looking at chat

"anyone with key"

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

If anyone gets a trinket+chest combo, I'd be very interested to hear what the "Empowerment" effect is; More raw stats on trinket, bigger procs etc?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our Paladin has an 875 trinket from the last boss and an 880 chest from Nightbane. The trinket went from giving 149 crit per stack to 194 crit per stack.

So a 30% boost to the trinkets effect (not the raw primary). Not bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post

I cleared the instance already and I'm spawning at the book room. Resetting the dungeon doesn't work.

Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post

Haven't done Kara yet, gona go in there this weekend, can you plz try to point for the optmal route for doing this ? And do we need to kil all the bosses prior to Curator or can some be skeeped.

Deleted
    So german guide is out and it say the following:

- Enter Karazhan and if you open the Door you will see an emote "The strange chill of a dark presence winds through the air". At this point you have 8 Minutes time to get to a soul fragment and touch it.

- This soul fragment is located after the opera event.

- After touching the soul fragment you get the buff "Medivhs Echo" and the duration is 6 Minutes.

- Touching more soul fragments inside the dungeon will gain more stacks and you get 5 more Minutes per stack. If you fail and lose the buff the emote "The air grows slightly warmer" will appear.

- Soul fragments are located at following points: At the audience from opera event, infront of the Maid (you dont need to kill her), Moroes Room (you have to kill him), at Spiderroom and after you defead the Curator. (a total of +25 Minutes)

- If you can touch all fragments within the time the buff will disappear and a news buff appear called "Medivhs presence".

- From now on you have 5 Minutes time to get to the Terrace of the master. (dunno the englisch location word) There you will meet Medivh himself and he will summon Nightbane for you.

- Speaking with im grant the achievement "One night in Karazhan".

- If Nightbane is summoned you have all the time you need to try, kill and wipe. No need to be fast here.

----

Edith: It is not clear if you need to kill the bosses intime or just before and than run to the soul fragments. If there are so much run time between the bosses, isnt the buff timer to short than? Running and killing bosses within the short time?
    Last edited by mmoc964bfc29eb; 2016-10-27 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvissa View Post
    Ah fair enough, I'm probably mis-remembering then. Burning Crusade was a long time ago and I'm old.
    Most of us who played probably are at this point. Trying to relearn Spanish is a nightmare right now.

The TK attunement was actually hard though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky2910 View Post
    Edith: It is not clear if you need to kill the bosses intime or just before and than run to the soul fragments. If there are so much run time between the bosses, isnt the buff timer to short than? Running and killing bosses within the short time?
    You kill 3 bosses within the timer. Did it earlier (878ish group ilvl) and the summoning was trivially easy - Nightbane himself was much harder and required you to actually execute mechanics properly. Will be very tough in a group of 860s.

Also, something kept pulling mobs through the floor during the fight. I'd clear that floor before engaging Nightbane just to be safe.

Deleted
    We did it just now and killed nightbane, I'm assuming even though I didn't get the mount I'm still locked out of looting it till next week?

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    We did it just now and killed nightbane, I'm assuming even though I didn't get the mount I'm still locked out of looting it till next week?
    1 guaranteed drop of the mount per group ?

and the mount is always PL no matter what so it cant be given to a specific player, right ?

but - it can be traded within the grp for 2 hours like any other loot ? or no ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

and the mount is always PL no matter what so it cant be given to a specific player, right ?

Oh it can drop a mount? Now I have to do get a farm group...

Already cleared Karazhan is it possible to reset it for the speedrun? Or do you only have 1 shot per week?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

Yes allways 1 mount drop per kill, it was tradeable for 2 hours to people in the group according to the shaman that got it in our grup.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Already cleared Karazhan is it possible to reset it for the speedrun? Or do you only have 1 shot per week?
    You can do it as many times as you like, resetting it is a little tricky, sometimes it wants to spawn you at the library.