How does the new potion compare to old war guys? Anyone got any info on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    im aware of that, but i dont understand how ranking them based on that goes. In the example it says Inner Peace needs to be a +40 ilvl to be better than a Rising Sun +35. But then it says on the list Inner Peace +9 ilvls.

Does the +3 for Power of the Cranes means it needs to be at least 3 ilvls higher than the FoF relic to be better?
    It's talking about weapon item level, which I believe is around five times the item level of the relic (after the base, whatever that is). If you reread the sentence you're referring two, he's comparing the difference between two relics, not the difference between those relics and the "base" (which is an FoF relic in this case). RSK is listed at +4, and Inner Peace is listed at +9, so the difference between them is 5, the same as the difference between +35 and +40.

As far as I'm concerned, the relic system is worse than the jewelry system since you could get a 895 titanforge relic with a shitty trait that ends up being hot garbage. At least with jewelry, our stats are close enough that the highest item level is generally better if there's a large enough discrepancy; relics are just a complete gamble.
    Last edited by Xahz; 2016-10-26 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    Are there any bosses in EN Mythic where SEFY can out right beat Serenity?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlux View Post
    Are there any bosses in EN Mythic where SEFY can out right beat Serenity?
    I've been using SeF exclusively because I got the drinking horn legendary and nothing else. The only boss where I can be competitive is dragons mythic for the spread out aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    I've been using SeF exclusively because I got the drinking horn legendary and nothing else. The only boss where I can be competitive is dragons mythic for the spread out aoe.
    I think the new potion is going to help out SEF a lot. On babylonius' sims it already closes the gap from 20k to 17k (less than 5% behind on pure single target). Potion of the Old War meant you gave it 14 seconds of your best abilities, but only working off of 50% normal damage (1/3 of all the damage you're doing) and then 15 seconds of normal damage, but played around your big cooldowns and abilities. The new potion will give you 59 seconds of an extra 8-10% agility to start the fight and then another 60 seconds of it later on, no qualifications needed. Especially with DHC, the opening minute will get a huge boost since you can have SEF up for 45 out of the first 60 seconds. The last minute of the fight will also allow way more burst - you can actually do things like save both charges up for burn phases now AND get to pot during them, something that was pretty rough to do before. I wouldn't be surprised if SEF with the wrists is only a couple percentage points behind, and considering how it's a lot more forgiving to play, means that it'll be close enough.

Deleted
    Simcraft won't give me sensible results for my character in terms of DPS; I guess I'm inputting the itemIDs/bonusIds wrong, not meant to be modifying the stats (which look like they're commented out anyway) or something, but practically every time, regardless, any two sims are ~100 DPS difference (did give me stat weights of, roughly, vers=mas=crit >> haste, which is about right, I guess, from my AMR sims - I am really heavy on the mastery compared to other stats, so some user error in changing gear, I presume). AMR, on top of currently being laggy as flip, doesn't actually have 835 ilev versions of loot from WQs, so I can't actually test some of my gear. Are there any other good simulators?

Kind of annoyed that my 835+socket bracers beat 855+socket and 865 ilev loot. Feels bad - very bad indeed. And yet my 860 non-mastery ring (with haste - lots of it) beats 840 mastery rings. So I'm still not really understanding how stats work for me. Either that or my sims from AMR are wrong. I'm not willing to write a MC simulator myself, though.

Deleted
    Just me or does the mastery daily not work anymore? 3 monks in our raid did it and none of us got the buff.

Deleted
    Could i ask some of you more experienced monks for Trinket Advice. I have 865 ursoc / 865 eye of command, the new kara one / 865 spontaneous appendages / 845 Feather Fan. im wondering which 2 i should use. Walking the wind doesn't scale up the eye of command or six Feather, so im confused which 2 would be best. And sim craft is really weird telling me a 845 world quest trinket is better...

Thanks alot guys.

I'm glad to see that the new pots are holding up well for us, and I'm also very appreciative of the fact that they stack up to 100!

Quote Originally Posted by Velimere View Post
    So what Honor Talents are people taking now with the 7.1 update?
    This is my Honor build.
    http://www.wowdb.com/pvp-talent-calculator#pLr
    1. Take whatever most fits Your playstyle.
    2. N/C
    3. Yu'lon's Gift has been quite nerfed, so I'll stick to the reduced duration of snares and sick 15% movements speed.
    4. I do need to check this row more closely, but it's also depended on Your team composition. Control the Mists could be really useful here. Zen Moment is also intresting, but in my opinion - just too expensive.
    5. Disabling Reach is the way to go now.
    6. You just can't miss the stun, but if You are playing against heavy melees comps and have some stuns in Your team already You may switch to Grapple Weapon, at least I will.

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    You know that even having the wrists it's less DPS than having Serenity talented?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlux View Post
    Could i ask some of you more experienced monks for Trinket Advice. I have 865 ursoc / 865 eye of command, the new kara one / 865 spontaneous appendages / 845 Feather Fan. im wondering which 2 i should use. Walking the wind doesn't scale up the eye of command or six Feather, so im confused which 2 would be best. And sim craft is really weird telling me a 845 world quest trinket is better...

Thanks alot guys.
    Do sims for Your character and then You can easily check it out, I also recommend askmrrobot.com

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    You know that even having the wrists it's less DPS than having Serenity talented?
    I know it was, with Old War, would be curious to see if the wrists bump SEF into being semi-viable when you have the new potion, though. Not that I have the wrists or even any legendaries yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Penne View Post
    I know it was, with Old War, would be curious to see if the wrists bump SEF into being semi-viable when you have the new potion, though. Not that I have the wrists or even any legendaries yet.

from http://www.walkingthewind.com/

Deleted
    Yes, I saw that. But I didn't see anything regarding the bracers impacting those graphs. Hence my question, as those graphs are without the bracers. I'm not quite that stupid as to ask for information I've given out recently.

Anyone tried to use nochanneling macros on FoF?
    like:

#showtooltip Tiger Palm
    /cast [nochanneling:Fists of Fury] Tiger Palm

Anyone tried to use nochanneling macros on FoF?
    I use them. They work.

Yes, I saw that. But I didn't see anything regarding the bracers impacting those graphs. Hence my question, as those graphs are without the bracers. I'm not quite that stupid as to ask for information I've given out recently.
    I mean, if you have the bracers, you should really be using SEF regardless of the potion.

The potion itself is better for SEF because the damage isn't reduced like Old War is. One of the leading issues with SEF is the fact that they need to build up their own hit combo. If you can extend SEF enough, the hit combo issue is essentially moot.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Deleted
    This is my Honor build.
    http://www.wowdb.com/pvp-talent-calculator#pLr
    1. Take whatever most fits Your playstyle.
    2. N/C
    3. Yu'lon's Gift has been quite nerfed, so I'll stick to the reduced duration of snares and sick 15% movements speed.
    4. I do need to check this row more closely, but it's also depended on Your team composition. Control the Mists could be really useful here. Zen Moment is also intresting, but in my opinion - just too expensive.
    5. Disabling Reach is the way to go now.
    6. You just can't miss the stun, but if You are playing against heavy melees comps and have some stuns in Your team already You may switch to Grapple Weapon, at least I will.

Do sims for Your character and then You can easily check it out, I also recommend askmrrobot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    I mean, if you have the bracers, you should really be using SEF regardless of the potion.

The potion itself is better for SEF because the damage isn't reduced like Old War is. One of the leading issues with SEF is the fact that they need to build up their own hit combo. If you can extend SEF enough, the hit combo issue is essentially moot.
    Everything I've heard has SEF worse, even with the bracers. Which is depressing as heck. I've seen no sims on that particular issue, though there's an experienced WW (certainly moreso than me!) just a few posts ago claiming SEF is always worse, even with the bracer, and reports that only on Dragons of Nightmare can someone with the bracer/SEF be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Velimere View Post
    I use them. They work.
    I know they do work, but question is if there's maybe such thing like delaying too much etc?

Everything I've heard has SEF worse, even with the bracers. Which is depressing as heck. I've seen no sims on that particular issue, though there's an experienced WW (certainly moreso than me!) just a few posts ago claiming SEF is always worse, even with the bracer, and reports that only on Dragons of Nightmare can someone with the bracer/SEF be competitive.
    I decided to do some math with the bracers. I looked at my Heroic Nyth kill from last night, so a single target only fight where I had 99% uptime, but it was also a fight where I misplayed, dropped hit combo a couple times, and got rot during 2 of my SEFs and didn't use the bracers to their full potential. So this is a log by a very imperfect player, different people will have different results.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I looked at my 5 SEFs and looked at my damage done during the extra seconds of the buff (I didn't go down to the millisecond, so I likely am not 100% accurate here, but it should be close enough). I then took 2/3 of that damage, since that's time that I would be doing 100% damage instead of 150% damage. I made 1 adjustment - I used my 2nd SotW during the extended duration of my 2nd SEF, and I subtracted that damage out, since if I didn't have the legendary, I would probably delay the 2nd SEF to make sure I would buff the SotW anyway. Other than that, I don't think I did anything different because of the legendary.

I did about 12.4 million damage during those extensions. If I was doing 100% damage instead, it'd be about 8.3M, a difference of 4.1M. Out of the whole fight, the bracers accounted for a 4.3% damage increase.

Looking at Babylonius' sims, SEF was a little more than 5% behind Serenity on single target. So again, this closes the gap most of the way, but it doesn't equal it - although I'm unclear if the sims incorporate every possible issue with SEF, so the difference may be greater. Now, I'm obviously not a great player - as I said, I made a bunch of pretty stupid mistakes in this kill, and I'm so sure this won't apply to the very best players, and Mythic is a different ballgame. So no, even with the Bracers it looks unlikely that SEF matches Serenity, but I think it can at least get within the same neighborhood.