Got my first Legendary

After 11 days played I finally got my first legendary. Can't say how happy i am to have my fail safe prevention reset for Pyrdaz neck that is a downgrade from my 850 crafted neck (Demonology). At least I can throw it in my sack of items I equip to fake a higher equipped item level for when I pug....

Deleted
    Don't like the amazing mechanics in this expansion ported straight from diablo 3? Vote with your wallet.

I also got the neck as my first legendary after 13 days played at 110 and it is a substantial downgrade to my 875 haste/crit neck. Felt terrible getting it but on the bright side I got my second legendary (demo belt) about 6 hours later. I'm still convinced the drop rate is bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    I also got the neck as my first legendary after 13 days played at 110 and it is a substantial downgrade to my 875 haste/crit neck. Felt terrible getting it but on the bright side I got my second legendary (demo belt) about 6 hours later. I'm still convinced the drop rate is bugged.
    its called random

prydaz is actually very valuable in raiding for all non-tank characters. I don't blame you for being disappointed, but don't discount it as garbage, it's not.

i just got mine, just got lvl 110 like few days ago, 10h played.

thanks to it i can do heorics, 814 ilvl lmao

its not a good one tho, only the portal is instant now
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    gz. me: after play from the 1st day of this exp, made all wq, farmed hc's, m+. not a single drop.

I got my first legendary today too!

...the boots.

Kill me.

Deleted
    Great informative post.

Deleted
    Last week I heard on the radio that someone won the lottery. Now I'm petitioning the government that I should also win the lottery because it is just not fair otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    It is not bugged, it is random. There simply is no badluck protection or any mechanism to prevent "too much" good luck

They are counting on the high sample size to even out the effects out outliers which is people who get three or four or more and others who might have to wait until the end of everything to get one

You can get two in a row, you can have people with lots playing less content than people with none, you can get a really shitty one that is all but worhtless, you can get gamechanging ones that give you massive dps boosts or one that you get on offspec that is so good you switch it to main

All of which confirms my original suspiscion...

Legendaries were a really bad idea which was made worse with a really shit distribution system for them and made even worse still by having game-changingly powerful ones alongside really garbage useless ones you will never use at all.

I got my second (the horrible warlock legs lol) off the last bos sof a random daily heroic. It didn;t even fele good, because I hadn;t done anything special to deserve them

It felt doubly bad because I had two guildmates in the same dungeon, who have done at least as much content as I have, and both of them haven;t got and almost two weeks later still haven't go a single lgendary

And I feel really sorry for the hunter who last night got Seph Secret as his first

It is mind boggling they thought that this would bring anything other than fustration, resentment and jealously to an MMO
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2016-10-27 at 10:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry. In about 10 months, you might have 2 to pick from for situational usage.

The shielding neck is awesome! Stacks so well with soul leech/demon skin. Quit moaning just because the gigantic benefit you got isn't dps natured, your healers will love you for using it and you'll be crazily more tanky.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Last week I heard on the radio that someone won the lottery. Now I'm petitioning the government that I should also win the lottery because it is just not fair otherwise.
    Come back when job adverts start saying "lottery winners only" or when your boss gives a less qualified slacker in the same job as you a promotion because they got a winning ticket and your analogy might actually be worth something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Come back when job adverts start saying "lottery winners only" or when your boss gives a less qualified slacker in the same job as you a promotion because they got a winning ticket and your analogy might actually be worth something.
    To be honest: If a raid replaces you with a less qualified raider just because he/she has a legendary, there is quite a bit more wrong with your raid than with Blizzard's system.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    The shielding neck is awesome! Stacks so well with soul leech/demon skin. Quit moaning just because the gigantic benefit you got isn't dps natured, your healers will love you for using it and you'll be crazily more tanky.
    Its quite the quite the opposite, it has much lower value for warlocks because of these reasons
    also the stats are suboptimal, resulting in being worse than anything with right stats and socket in 860+

maybe they should a 3rd secondstat to non-dmg legendarys

To be honest: If a raid replaces you with a less qualified raider just because he/she has a legendary, there is quite a bit more wrong with your raid than with Blizzard's system.
    Sure its not a great way to sort players, but if one does 10%+ more dmg because he had good luck with legendarys, its gonna result in him getting more time on progress
    Last edited by Violetti; 2016-10-27 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    Hardly, some of the legendaries are so powerful they change all the numbers. If you got otherwise equal skill and gear, but one with a really good legendary, then that's a massive advantage and makes choosing a nobrainer.

And you will certainly begin to see PUGs advertising "link legendary", same way they do "link curve or no inv"

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I got my first legendary today too!

...the boots.

Kill me.
    I'll one up you. I got two legendaries, Prydaz and Norgannon's Foresight.

I got my 1st legendary today after so long, the demonology belt.
    I guess it's OK...though I really wanted the bracers.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals