Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Marked shot bugged?

What's the deal with Marked shot? Sometimes, now more often then not Marked shot wont work saying "invalid target". It does it a-lot when killing trash packs and I assume it because the target I was targeting when I cast sidewinder died before I can get off marked shot.

Last night though, it did it during the initial Mythic Nythandras pull before anyone can get mind controlled. So my theory on multi target triggering the bug went out the window. Popped my 1200 gold potion True shot and POW I can't cast marked-shot completely screwing up the rotation and my dps. Does Blizz know about this bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Harakka View Post
    What's the deal with Marked shot? Sometimes, now more often then not Marked shot wont work saying "invalid target". It does it a-lot when killing trash packs and I assume it because the target I was targeting when I cast sidewinder died before I can get off marked shot.

Last night though, it did it during the initial Mythic Nythandras pull before anyone can get mind controlled. So my theory on multi target triggering the bug went out the window. Popped my 1200 gold potion True shot and POW I can't cast marked-shot completely screwing up the rotation and my dps. Does Blizz know about this bug?
    Yes, there is a problem. When there are many targets (or even 2 - ursoc mythic) and target got hit by marked shot and died, marked shot goes nuts sometimes.
    I spammed it like 5 or 6 seconds and it did nothing the other day. Had to remark and it worked instantly.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    Yes, there is a problem. When there are many targets (or even 2 - ursoc mythic) and target got hit by marked shot and died, marked shot goes nuts sometimes.
    I spammed it like 5 or 6 seconds and it did nothing the other day. Had to remark and it worked instantly.
    I wish this worked for me, I remarked several times and it still didn't work. I have to literally let the timer run out marked shot proc and then recast sidewinder for it to work.

Yeah, same with Nythendra, if you happen to get the debuff on one of the MC'ed targets but they get taken out befor you cast.

It's super annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, same with Nythendra, if you happen to get the debuff on one of the MC'ed targets but they get taken out befor you cast.

It's super annoying.
    Yeah, I thought it was just me. This is enough confirmation that I am not full retard, but only partial.

Dont use blizz default spell alterts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    Super helpful information.

Thanks for the feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not the animation (tho that is stuck on your screen), but marked shot will not fire at all. It also wigs out WA/TMW. It seems to happen most often on multi-targets and one of the other targets dies before your marked shot goes off/gets there.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    Its not the animation (tho that is stuck on your screen), but marked shot will not fire at all. It also wigs out WA/TMW. It seems to happen most often on multi-targets and one of the other targets dies before your marked shot goes off/gets there.
    Based on my experience you already fired a marked shot whenever the bug happens, the aura and the action usable just gets stuck.

You can add another trigger to only track it if you have a hunter's mark on your current target only. I personally dont do this i just look at the nameplates if there are no more hunters mark, when mark shot gets stuck. I just suggested that in case it bothers u so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on my experience you already fired a marked shot whenever the bug happens, the aura and the action usable just gets stuck.

You can add another trigger to only track it if you have a hunter's mark on your current target only. I personally dont do this i just look at the nameplates if there are no more hunters mark, when mark shot gets stuck. I just suggested that in case it bothers u so much
    It just wigs me out and screws up my dps because its random and doesnt happen all the time. I will try adding a better trigger. Thanks

Deleted
    Are you guys talking about the glowing icon that won't disappear if you mark a target that disappears (but does not die?)
    Xavius creeping shadows for example.
    The problem is related to mobs or players not being immune to the debuff, even though they aren't hostile, targetable or immune to everything else.

It's very annoying during Xavius imho, because sometimes I don't even realize that I hit one of them and to make it worse, I have the Legendary ring... I keep thinking that I get reset, after reset, after reset when I'm not paying attention.

Some other thing I don't understand is why it won't "grey out" if you are out of range.

SW range > MS range, due to how that spell and cleave works. It's annoying. Not only do I have to cast it twice (twice the focus cost) to get rid of it, it's also a lost GCD.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-27 at 01:34 PM.

I tested the marked shot bug while on a failed attempt on mythic Nythandra.

When marked shot aura got stuck and wouldn't cast anymore, I cast a Marked Target Sidewinder and then tried to cast Marked shot and it will not work at all. I had to wait until the timer ran out and then cast sidewinders again and resume my normal rotation.

When I cast marked target sidewinder while marked target was proc'd it will reset Marked shot timer making me wait even longer so I just opted to not cast marked target sidewinder at all until Marked shot timer ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by Harakka View Post
    I tested the marked shot bug while on a failed attempt on mythic Nythandra.

When marked shot aura got stuck and wouldn't cast anymore, I cast a Marked Target Sidewinder and then tried to cast Marked shot and it will not work at all. I had to wait until the timer ran out and then cast sidewinders again and resume my normal rotation.

When I cast marked target sidewinder while marked target was proc'd it will reset Marked shot timer making me wait even longer so I just opted to not cast marked target sidewinder at all until Marked shot timer ran out.
    Are you sure? Coz im pretty sure only the graphic gets stuck on the second mark shot, but im usually able to fire a new marked shot whenever the previous marked shot bugged out, even if the graphic wont go away. I think whats happening is the graphic gets stuck until the timer from the previous bugged hunters mark runs out. This happens a lot in battlegrounds, i would test it there.

Deleted
    Are you sure? Coz im pretty sure only the graphic gets stuck on the second mark shot, but im usually able to fire a new marked shot whenever the previous marked shot bugged out, even if the graphic wont go away. I think whats happening is the graphic gets stuck until the timer from the previous bugged hunters mark runs out. This happens a lot in battlegrounds, i would test it there.
    So this big still exists.. blizzard can you please hotfix this issue.. lol

Was super annoying on xavius tonight!

Deleted
    Dont think y can do anything about it. if you cast marked shot u know u cant cast another one. If you have ring, well u must check if it is proc or bug. But you can get use to it

yep, if a target with Marked Shot proc dies or despawns, it'll continue to flash. this is especially annoying if you have the MS ring as well lol. what i did was just add a WA to track Hunter's Mark to make sure MS is flashing for real, not sure what else we can do;\
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    yep, if a target with Marked Shot proc dies or despawns, it'll continue to flash. this is especially annoying if you have the MS ring as well lol. what i did was just add a WA to track Hunter's Mark to make sure MS is flashing for real, not sure what else we can do;\
    Yep. I have the ring and this drives me crazy. It's almost a DPS loss having the legendary ring because I instinctively press my marked shot button an extra time assuming it's a proc.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Yep. I have the ring and this drives me crazy. It's almost a DPS loss having the legendary ring because I instinctively press my marked shot button an extra time assuming it's a proc.
    Hahaha, yeah, it's both sad and funny sometimes. I got the ring too.

"Yay, a free Marked shot proc -> another one, feels good man -> a-..nother one? Wait a sec *checks debuffs*... -> GOD DAMNIT!"

Since someone mentioned it, it doesn't happen if the mob dies though, it only happens if it'll disappear/vanish (Xavius) or if it turns friendly. What can happen however is that it'll show as castable and "in range" even though the target that has the mark moved out of your max range and the target you have currently selected is still in range.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-06 at 11:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Hahaha, yeah, it's both sad and funny sometimes. I got the ring too.

"Yay, a free Marked shot proc -> another one, feels good man -> a-..nother one? Wait a sec *checks debuffs*... -> GOD DAMNIT!"

Since someone mentioned it, it doesn't happen if the mob dies though, it only happens if it'll disappear/vanish (Xavius) or if it turns friendly. What can happen however is that it'll show as castable and "in range" even though the target that has the mark moved out of your max range and the target you have currently selected is still in range.

so last night on helya it happened again on Phase 2 and its NOT just a grahpic issue, when it gets "stuck" i literally cannot use marked shot for the duration it decides to stay bugged for even though i reapply hunters mark to everything a few times and it would "proc" again i still cannot get a successful use of it

its actually killing dps massivley, i had let it drop off by almost stopping dps to let whatever is causing it to clear

i was on 400k dps on of our wipes, then the next attempt bang it bugged and i was <300k as i could not get it off during the massive adds phase 2, it needs addressing pronto...

Deleted
    Never happens to me, maybe some UI addon is fucking it up? Would be weird though.