How do you defend against sap cap now?

So now that rogues have grapple and can get back to a flag to cap before sap ends, you can't stand away from a flag to prevent a sap cap solo anymore. Sap, capped unless you trinket but you eat a blind and they cap.

How are people defending against this now?

I use my pet! easy as that.

..... what class/spec do you play? Maybe that info could make it easier for somebody to help you.

Deleted
    You make someone with a pet or with stealth defend. I haven't seen any outlaw rogues in RBG anyway, and the other specs don't have grapple. Subtlety's shadowy duel is a LOT more dangerous.

Thanks for the input. I was asking mainly for randoms when I play my DK, but I can see what you mean for organized play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Thanks for the input. I was asking mainly for randoms when I play my DK, but I can see what you mean for organized play.
    cant u use your zombie pet to defend? dont tell me u playing frost?

So now that rogues have grapple and can get back to a flag to cap before sap ends, you can't stand away from a flag to prevent a sap cap solo anymore. Sap, capped unless you trinket but you eat a blind and they cap.

How are people defending against this now?
    I imagine Relentless would help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I imagine Relentless would help too.
    its a bit risky, cuz if there are 2 dps like drood/rog they can chain cc u if you dont have other ways of escaping cc like IB or Bubble

One hook isn't enough, they would need two. Stand at max range, eat the sap. If they hook, trinket and interrupt.. they have to move out to blind you, and don't have two hooks.

or if you have a 100% uptime aoe, like Rets (spinning hammers around Ret) you can just spam it and even if they sap you, it will hit them if you stand ontop of flag, but i am sure good rogs will find a way around it, like waiting till last second, but then u can trinket into the blind (you will have bubble or bop) after they will try to sap u again or simply try to kill you, but by that time some1 from your team should be able to get to you in time to help.

7+ Year Old Account
    You pick Relentless on first pvp talent row and interrupt the cap before they finish. Sap goes down to 5.4 sec or so, that along with GCD for their grapple means you'll have a second long window to interrupt off sap

Quote Originally Posted by inxi View Post
    You pick Relentless on first pvp talent row and interrupt the cap before they finish. Sap goes down to 5.4 sec or so, that along with GCD for their grapple means you'll have a second long window to interrupt off sap
    That sounds like the smartest play since it should always work.

Stand about 15-20y away from the flag and the Rogue won't have time to get in range and cap before it the sap breaks. Grappling hook has a delay, so if you're fast enough with a ranged attack, you can still stop the cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    It varies from class to class. Like people said, pet classes have the easiest time, they just sic them on the Rogue.

Ranged or classes with an instant range interrupt and Relentless PvP talent also works unless Rogue comes in with a stealth friend that can keep you CC'd. You could also always use your Glad Medallion to break the first Sap which causes the other Saps to not CC you for long enough for him to cap for a while and then call it out and hope your friends get there before the DR on it expires. Just remember to wait until Rogue comes out of stealth and starts capping before using it to break the Sap.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    if you have no pet or stealth, i suggest you stand away from the flag. That way sap wont be enough for capping the flag, since traveling time cuts 1-2 seconds. But make sure you have a way of interupting him, when sap breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    It varies from class to class. Like people said, pet classes have the easiest time, they just sic them on the Rogue.

Ranged or classes with an instant range interrupt and Relentless PvP talent also works unless Rogue comes in with a stealth friend that can keep you CC'd. You could also always use your Glad Medallion to break the first Sap which causes the other Saps to not CC you for long enough for him to cap for a while and then call it out and hope your friends get there before the DR on it expires. Just remember to wait until Rogue comes out of stealth and starts capping before using it to break the Sap.
    If you trinket sap you eat a full blind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    if you have no pet or stealth, i suggest you stand away from the flag. That way sap wont be enough for capping the flag, since traveling time cuts 1-2 seconds. But make sure you have a way of interupting him, when sap breaks.
    That is the traditional way, but with grappling hook they can get back to the flag fast enough to cap now so it does not work.

If you trinket sap you eat a full blind.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the traditional way, but with grappling hook they can get back to the flag fast enough to cap now so it does not work.
    If you have Outlaw Rogues on the enemy team, and you know you're going to be defending, you pick Relentless. Then you're fine... Like has already been said. Read the other replies in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    If you have Outlaw Rogues on the enemy team, and you know you're going to be defending, you pick Relentless. Then you're fine... Like has already been said. Read the other replies in this thread.
    Just a few replies up I acknowledged this saying "That sounds like the smartest play since it should always work." I was responding to the two posters who did not read the thread and posted outdated information.

Sounds like you need to read the other replies?

Just a few replies up I acknowledged this saying "That sounds like the smartest play since it should always work." I was responding to the two posters who did not read the thread and posted outdated information.

Sounds like you need to read the other replies?
    Toolt was telling you how to do it, i.e. stand away from the flag. You said it doesn't work with Grappling Hook. I told you to use Relentless as other replies have already said. What more do you need to know, exactly? Read, accept, move on.