Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

"Weird Al" Yankovic Live at BlizzCon 2016!

"Weird Al" Yankovic Live at BlizzCon 2016!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Grammy Award–winning pop parodist will be taking the stage the evening of Saturday, November 5, to provide an epic send-off for everyone celebrating this year’s convention. If you didn’t score tickets to the show, Blizzard gamers and Weird Al fans around the world can still get a front row seat at home with the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket.

BlizzCon is the biggest Blizzard party of the year, packed with in-depth developer panels, intense esports tournaments, the legendary Friday night contests, and what’s sure to be an epic finale from Weird Al.

The Virtual Ticket lets you watch the action online, live and in high definition. You’ll also be able to watch most of the concert in on-demand videos that will be available within a few days after the show, although some portions may be edited or unavailable. For the best experience, be sure to watch it live!

Order a Virtual Ticket and you’ll also receive a treasure trove of in-game goodies for World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and Overwatch.

Check out the press release for more information on this year’s closing concert featuring Weird Al. And get ready for an evening of mandatory fun—we’ll see you at the show!

Nice to see a deviation in genre this year

Meh, this is very specific taste, not everyone is down for a parodist. I don't think he was the best choice for the closing event.

Hes great, seems like a good choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I remember listening to his YouTube parodies when I was a kid. Surprised they got someone I'd heard of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice! I used to love this guy's songs when I was a kid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmfstunner View Post
    Meh, this is very specific taste, not everyone is down for a parodist. I don't think he was the best choice for closing event.
    You mean just like any other artist out there? Which artist do you think fits anyone?

Meh, this is very specific taste, not everyone is down for a parodist. I don't think he was the best choice for closing event.
    You can say the exact same thing about every closing event they've chosen. Ozzie Osbourne is a very specific taste. Tenacious D is a very specific taste. Level 10 Elite Tauren Chieftains is a very specific taste. etc. etc. etc.

Meh, this is very specific taste, not everyone is down for a parodist. I don't think he was the best choice for the closing event.
    Not everyone is down for a {insert genre here}.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    From Metallica to Weird Al, Blizzard is saving some money this year

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I was 8 I thought he was funny. Not expecting a AAA headliner...but if I were on the fence about ordering this definitely would not put me over the top to decide yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    You mean just like any other artist out there? Which artist do you think fits anyone?
    No, sorry but your point is wrong. A parody singer is extremely unusual and it's very much tailored to a specific audience. While Linkin Park and Metallica are Hard Rock they are extremely mainstream and while they're people who probably don't care for them, they grab a wider audience than Al. Weird Al is out of date by like 20 years now, he hasn't done anything remotely current that is good, great for an older crowd, not so good for a younger crowd.

These are facts.

I liked Al as a kid but I'd rather leave him there.
    Last edited by Bmfstunner; 2016-10-27 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I remember listening to his YouTube parodies when I was a kid. Surprised they got someone I'd heard of.
    You've never heard of The Offspring, Tenacious D, Foo Fighters, Ozzy Osbourne, Blink-182, Metallica, or Linkin Park?

Deleted
    So last year with a bad expansion they had a better closing than they have now with one of the better expansions so far. I mean you don't have to like Metallica to know they are amazing artists, I personally did not even know that weird al was still making music

15+ Year Old Account
    No, sorry but your point is wrong. A parody singer is extremely unusual and it's very much tailored to a specific audience. While Linkin Park and Metallica are Hard Rock they are extremely mainstream and while they're people who probably don't care for them, they grab a wider audience than Al. Weird Al is out of date by like 20 years now, he hasn't done anything remotely current that is good, great for an older crowd, not so good for a younger crowd.

These are facts.

I mean other than the Grammy he won for his 2014 album and the fact that it was number one on the billboard top 200 albums. He is probably more relevant than half the acts they have had.

10+ Year Old Account

These are facts.

Weird Al is fun and I'm willing to wager most Blizzard fans enjoy his work. I think it is a fantastic choice. This may have sold the ticket for me.. wasn't planning on it but sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    I mean other than the Grammy he won for his 2014 album and the fact that it was number one on the billboard top 200 albums. He is probably more relevant than half the acts they have had.
    Lol a Comedy album, I'm sure the competition is ripe and stellar, get off my level.

Easily the worst choice ever made. Unsubbed from blizzard jk hope he's still funny haven't heard anything from him in years!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV