Question About drop a profession

Guys right now I am enchant+eng, if drop both and later I learn them again, will it come back with all recipes I knew?

TY!

No, but there is an item on legion profession vendors that will reteach you all LEGION recipes you got from quests
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    No, but there is an item on legion profession vendors that will reteach you all LEGION recipes you got from quests
    So adios to Jeeves, MOLL E and so?! :/

Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    Yup. The only reason Legion recipes work with a book is because each recipe is a quest flag so basically it resets when you drop the profession and then restores the flags when you use the book.

Edit: I'm a dumbass and forgot they made Jeeves and stuff like that toys. Herpa derpa dooo
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2016-10-21 at 04:26 PM.

Man... eng is so bad right now, but I really dont know if I change my mind I want to farm all those recipes again

Thanks for the info boyz!! TYVM!

I don't think you would lose Jeeves, so long as you don't vendor or delete him. You just lose the ability to use him if you don't have engineering. Some of the other engineering things (MOLL-E, Wormholes. Gravity Well...) get added to your account's toybox when you first learn them and can be used on any toons that have the required engineering level. It actually looks like engineering is probably the safest crafting profession to drop and relearn at another time if you want.
    Last edited by Moonatic; 2016-10-21 at 01:26 AM. Reason: clarified

You can grab a 100 alt and farm herbs

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't physically lose the toys (and presumably Jeeves.) You just can't use them any more.

If you drop engineering and then relearn it, you'll start back at skill level 1 and need to relevel it. However, the toys can be used by any engineer with high enough skill. You don't need to relearn the recipe first.

Damn!!! That is true guys Forgot about Jeeves be a item

OK... I thought about create another topic, but I dont want to flood the forum, so I will ask here, I hope you guys can keep on helping.

I decided to go and drop both of my professions, I am thinking about Alch/Herb.

1. Do I need to level up my Alch/Herb until what skill? I heard its 300, is that correct?
    2. Is there any nice guide about how to get Alch recipes?
    3. Any advice regard Alch/Herb?

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Adios to all of them, until you redo all the things you did to learn them.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Do I need to level up my Alch/Herb until what skill? I heard its 300, is that correct?
    You can start all the legion stuff at skill level 1. For alchemy, go to the trainer in Dalaran and pick up the starter quest. For herbalism, just start picking legions herbs and you should get quest items along the way. I think you need 100 skill before profession world quests start showing up, and you need 800 alchemy to make cauldrons, but that's it.

You don't really need a guide. All the legion alchemy recipes are learned from quests given by the trainer in Dalaran. You can't really miss them.

Alchemy isn't really a big money maker unless you pour a LOT of upfront gold into it. Unless you get the bonus procs from rank 3, flasks and potions break even at best, and are often a loss (this varies a lot by day/time/server/etc.) Most of the money comes from just selling the herbs. Especially Starlight Rose and Foxflower.

Damn!!! That is true guys Forgot about Jeeves be a item

OK... I thought about create another topic, but I dont want to flood the forum, so I will ask here, I hope you guys can keep on helping.

I decided to go and drop both of my professions, I am thinking about Alch/Herb.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!
    you lost the timing to do that, alchemy only gives some profit with rnak 3 (it takes a lot of crafts and gold spended to get a rang 3) and the price of the herbs will drop a lot next week in 7.1 becouse of the blood of sargeras trader

Stick with eng, every profession in high population servers dont give a noticeable profit, at least you will have eng utility. I had droped eng before legion, started with enchanting and BS, 2 million golds in 3 weeks with BS, that it became crap and switched to herb. Next gonna switch back to eng, but i dont know if i drop eng (only profit is for DEs, enchanting are cheaper than mats inmy server) or herb.
    Last edited by orgonutil; 2016-10-21 at 05:26 PM.

Some words of caution!
    I switch between alchemy and enchanting on my main for 2 hour flasks and the ability to disenchant chaos crystals. I used this spell book you are referring too to get back Flask of the Seventh Demon Rank 2 and I did NOT get any of my recipes back at all. All the quests are logged for my Alchemy profession so I can just buy the Rank 1 Flask recipe again, but again, IT DID NOT give me all the recipes back like it stated.
    Last edited by swiftdeus; 2016-10-21 at 05:38 PM.

That's probably because the rank 2s aren't quests they're drops or discoveries.

Swiftdeus that sounds like a bug, you should ticket imho. (And I'm curious to know the outcome.)

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

It's not a bug. The book explicitly states in the tooltip that it restores recipes "learned via questing".

The lvl 1 ranks of alch recipes are the only ones learned via quests. The rank 2 recipes are drops and rank 3s are obviously discoveries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Yup. The only reason Legion recipes work with a book is because each recipe is a quest flag so basically it resets when you drop the profession and then restores the flags when you use the book.

Edit: I'm a dumbass and forgot they made Jeeves and stuff like that toys. Herpa derpa dooo
    Pretty sure Jeeves isn't a toy, you still need to craft him on every engi. MOLL-E is a toy though, ffs.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yes, unlearning producing professions is (at least) fairly expensive, as you won't relearn 2 and 3 star recipes that were not granted by a quest (this is true for pretty much all non gathering items), and you would also have to regain them again (drop in instances, 2k G at the exalted vendors, etc.).
    And this completely apart from having to relearn all pre-legion recipes.

What you can do fairly easily is switch your gathering profession for another gathering profession, or enchanting to DE your old gear, and then switch back. Gathering professions stars are all granted by quests, so although you start again at 1/800 skill (which does not matter unless you want to farm non-legion mats) you will get all your gathering abilities back.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Pretty sure Jeeves isn't a toy, you still need to craft him on every engi. MOLL-E is a toy though, ffs.
    Yeah I probably meant Blingtron but apparently my brain already wasn't functioning that day.