Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool When did you break from your Order Hall Class set?

Just curious as to when folks are breaking from the class set bonuses?

I finally got a Legendary last night!

Anyway, AMR is telling me to drop that and my 860 Helm for the set pieces which gets me to the 8 piece bonus.

Amory Link = Raxnar on Kilrogg if you want to look. Can't post links as I haven't posted enough.

I know, I know, I need to upgrade my enchants and gems, I'm working on it, just haven't had time while enjoying the content.

I also need some help from the RNG gods regarding Relics... maybe I'll sacrifice a goat or 2

You may be wondering 858 overall ilvl but 854 equipped. world bosses have not been kind, providing a neck at 870 but with vers and mastery... there's one other piece about as bad and nearly as big of an ilvl upgrade.

Anyway, I'm not asking for a review of my character, I know there are deficiencies, I'm not a hardcore raider either so please stick to the question on the first line

Quote Originally Posted by xwolf View Post
    Just curious as to when folks are breaking from the class set bonuses?

I finally got a Legendary last night!

Anyway, AMR is telling me to drop that and my 860 Helm for the set pieces which gets me to the 8 piece bonus.

Amory Link = Raxnar on Kilrogg if you want to look. Can't post links as I haven't posted enough.

I know, I know, I need to upgrade my enchants and gems, I'm working on it, just haven't had time while enjoying the content.

I also need some help from the RNG gods regarding Relics... maybe I'll sacrifice a goat or 2

You may be wondering 858 overall ilvl but 854 equipped. world bosses have not been kind, providing a neck at 870 but with vers and mastery... there's one other piece about as bad and nearly as big of an ilvl upgrade.

Anyway, I'm not asking for a review of my character, I know there are deficiencies, I'm not a hardcore raider either so please stick to the question on the first line
    I never had it since by the time I got all the gear, it had a shit ilvl.

...people actually use that crap beyond a two piece?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    I never had it since by the time I got all the gear, it had a shit ilvl.
    You do know that you can upgrade it right?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    You do know that you can upgrade it right?
    I upgraded one piece, it can't go above 840 from vendor mats. Got better rewards from WF WQs/Heroics/Mythics before I got the full set and resources to ugprade all items.

4000 resources (6500 for some) versus a few dungeons was an easy choice.

I only used the helm, for about 2 days.
    People actually use this set?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I upgraded one piece, it can't go above 840 from vendor mats. Got better rewards from WF WQs/Heroics/Mythics before I got the full set and resources to ugprade all items.

4000 resources (6500 for some) versus a few dungeons was an easy choice.
    The shoulders are 850.

on 2 characters i out ilvled the set before getting most of the pieces. i never wore more than 2 at a time and not for very long. and yes that includes the upgrades

Deleted
    Never used a piece since getting the bracers from that quest. Better things just dropped. It it was all 840 baseline and could upgrade to 880 I'd think about some of it, but 840 items pretty much grow on trees.

It would've been cooler if the full set was given as questing rewards from 100-110 and the upgrades were bigger, unlocked through those achievements and whatever. I don't think it's possible for someone to get the Nightfalled to Exalted and not already have full ~850.

i use the set, and since my luck with loot this expansion is worse than the dps of my heal priest in classic, i had no drops that were better in ilvl AND had the stats i needed.
    problem is, once you have the 8piece bonus, the next upgrade needs to beat the set piece AND the bonus, which is like a 3rd trinket procc and works in dungeons and raids.
    chance on CS to procc for 2k haste for 12 seconds.
    i think it does what it is intended to do: give a nice boost for open world stuff for people who do not run around in 860+ after a few weeks (for whatever reason)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never had it. By the time I had enough pieces, the rest of my gear was better and better optimized crit-wise (even though I upgraded some pieces for some reason). Also, the investment of order hall resources are too high to justify the "gain".

I think I had 4pc on at once for a little bit, but much better gear came well before I even had access to the 8th piece. Which even @ 850 wasnt an upgrade when I unlocked it. Bought it tho, gotta mog it all!

Narzok, that's what I'm having a hard time with. The haste proc of 8 piece is amazing. The 500 Agi from 6 piece is better than 2 or 4 piece.

I suppose if the new gear (stat totals) were a certain % of or equal to the 2k haste proc, having the static haste increase will always win.

I think I'm close to not having to worry about the class set bonuses.

thanks all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never bothered with it, since the stats are often unattractive.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The shoulders are 850.
    Yes, that's 1 piece out of 8. Which requires exalted with a faction. I use the shoulders, but he was asking about the set bonus which I never acquired since the base level of the gear is mostly too low.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that's 1 piece out of 8. Which requires exalted with a faction. I use the shoulders, but he was asking about the set bonus which I never acquired since the base level of the gear is mostly too low.
    Not everyone is lucky with drops, nor WQ's. I used up to 6/8 pieces before I started to replace them, the 4p bonus is quite good for WQ's.

For them to relevant at their time...they should have been 50k Artifact Power and Revered with Nightfallen.

Any of the 840 stuff comes pretty much when it should, but is replaced quickly.

I only used them until I got better gear... even then, maybe... 4 pieces at different times? Most of it came after my gear was already 845+.

Deleted
    all i used was the boots replaced them like 1 or two days later, since agi weight so hard higher itemlevel with worse offstats is almost always a gain you replaced them fast.

basicly most ppl who played somewhat didnt use them for long or ever becuse you found better stuff with better stats.two items with x15 itemlevels covers the setbonus also.

Wich is not hard to come by.

Most I ever had at a time was 2 pieces. Mainly because when you initially unlock them World Quests were giving me higher pieces. Wasting Order Hall Resources just to upgrade it for the sake of having a bonus wasn't worth it either. Especially since most of the stats were meh. Right now I have the 850 Shoulders and 840 Belt (because I can't get anything else to drop).