Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    We can use the exact same logic for deathwing.

He got his ass kicked by a human, he got his ass kicked by an orc, he got his ass kicked by a tauren and his drogbar sidekick...
    Except you can't about the Orc part. They used the Dragon Soul which was empowered by double the 4 other Aspects power(the original empowerment and the empowerment again in our time).

Also it's funny people keep bringing up that Velen vision and then ignoring when people in the post say "if a normal eredar can destroy a planet, why didn't Archimonde do it on Azeroth or Draenor when he visited each one"

All of these villains are essentially capable of destroying Azeroth, be it through sheer force, magic, influencing the inhabitants of the world into doing so or something else. The point is that not a single one is allowed to do so as the forces that command them have no interest in seeing Azeroth destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think Deathwing is quite on the same power-level with Archimonde or Kil'jaeden, personally. I'd also wager that Archimonde and Kil'jaeden are likely also more powerful than any given Old God (the four working in concert might possibly be the equal of them). Deathwing might be able to destroy Azeroth given enough time to do so (his explosive re-entry and rampage throughout Azeroth does some serious ecological damage), but he's not the equal to even a small cross-section of Azeroth's defenders.
    Can't say that Deathwing is stronger than an old god which then can't say that he is equal or greater than Archimonde/KJ etc. It would have to be:

Old god> DW=Arch/KJ
    Old god> DW>Arch KJ
    Old god> Arch/KJ>DW
    Old god=Arch/KJ>DW

This is because the new lore in Chronicle states that a handful of the Keepers empowered the Aspects and not the titans and the Keepers were on par or barely stronger than an old god considering each one plus their army took the entire keepers and the titan forged to defeat. By that logic, technically DW has to be slightly below and old god or maybe equal depending on how much power he gained since they were made the aspects. Archimonde and KJ would technically be on par possibly with an old god or less than an old god considering Sargeras created them(he isn't "stronger" than the Pantheon, just simply was water to fire in regards to them) so they would be of similar strength to a keeper which once again it took all of the keepers to subdue each old god and their army so take that into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Give just one little tiny hint of their "cosmic power" lorewise, not fanboy cheers. Come on? To hunt down a deer and blow a single town? Woooooah. To get flushed in a toilet by pack of noobs and 1 blue dragon? Where close it is to be beaten by 5 aspects + dragon soul?
    Come on, fanboys, show me at least ONE evidence of eredar lords being stronger than Deathwing by actions, not from teenage emotions they give you?
    Not just blow up a town, waved his hand blew up a town, in w3 he literally walked through the entire combined army to get to the world tree, there many comments about how archimonde has destroyed civilizations and even worlds on his own. KJ literally made the lich king, he made a being that has been compared to deathwing himself on this very forum.

and of course you have the Sargaras factor, the single most powerful being in the universe outside azeroth who's still an egg, and the void lords who are trapped in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Also it's funny people keep bringing up that Velen vision and then ignoring when people in the post say "if a normal eredar can destroy a planet, why didn't Archimonde do it on Azeroth or Draenor when he visited each one"
    Not really, I explained why in my previous post - the obvious reason is Plot-Induced-Stupidity. The overpowered villains (in comparison to the main characters) need to be careless, over-confident, making stupid mistakes, not being able to use their full powers and such in order for us to get a chance to defeat them. How'd it make a story if Archimonde is to outright destroy Azeroth or Draenor the moment he got there? It doesn't just apply to Archimonde / KJ's cases either, but to a number of bosses: Why didn't Deathwing just cause the Cataclysm instead of flying around the world threatening us? Why didn't Arthas just kill Tirion and us outright? Why didn't Archimonde, in CoT Hyjal (not WoD) just spam Finger of Death from the start instead of last moments when we are protected by whatever force it was? The list goes on.

Of course, if you don't like the PIS reason (which is a thing), there are lore-related reasons, too. In RoC, he wanted to drain the World Tree. Sargeras also want Azeroth. Destroying the planet wouldn't have turned out well for Archimonde. WoD is more questionable, but he could simply have considered us too weak to bother using his full strength (until it was too late). Maybe he wanted to enslave the living orcs and draenei as he said ("The draenei's souls will empower us. Any living orcs and draenei will become our puppets"). Maybe something else altogether.
    All in all, that doesn't change the fact that it's canon he CAN and DID do it. Why he didn't do it in-game doesn't really matter. A similar case would be Lei Shen's - we only know that canonically, he at full power is more powerful than Arthas / LK in a 1v1. There is no canon / stated reason for why he didn't seem that powerful in ToT (all current explanations were fan theories - maybe he was weakened after resurrection, maybe he looked down on us and didn't bother using his full strength, etc.) and that has never been an issue.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-10-26 at 08:43 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Not really, I explained why in my previous post - the obvious reason is Plot-Induced-Stupidity. The overpowered villains (in comparison to the main characters) need to be careless, over-confident, making stupid mistakes, not being able to use their full powers and such in order for us to get a chance to defeat them. How'd it make a story if Archimonde is to outright destroy Azeroth or Draenor the moment he got there? It doesn't just apply to Archimonde / KJ's cases either, but to a number of bosses: Why didn't Deathwing just cause the Cataclysm instead of flying around the world threatening us? Why didn't Arthas just kill Tirion and us outright? Why didn't Archimonde, in CoT Hyjal (not WoD) just spam Finger of Death from the start instead of last moments when we are protected by whatever force it was? The list goes on.

Of course, if you don't like the PIS reason (which is a thing), there are lore-related reasons, too. In RoC, he wanted to drain the World Tree. Sargeras also want Azeroth. Destroying the planet wouldn't have turned out well for Archimonde. WoD is more questionable, but he could simply have considered us too weak to bother using his full strength (until it was too late). Maybe he wanted to enslave the living orcs and draenei as he said ("The draenei's souls will empower us. Any living orcs and draenei will become our puppets"). Maybe something else altogether.
    All in all, that doesn't change the fact that it's canon he CAN and DID do it. Why he didn't do it in-game doesn't really matter. A similar case would be Lei Shen's - we only know that canonically, he at full power is more powerful than Arthas / LK in a 1v1. There is no canon / stated reason for why he didn't seem that powerful in ToT (all current explanations were fan theories - maybe he was weakened after resurrection, maybe he looked down on us and didn't bother using his full strength, etc.) and that has never been an issue.
    Lei Shen is a bad example considering the fact that he was completely dead and we honestly have no idea what remained within him. He was LITERALLY re-originated(meaning he really should have been vaporized and the power was the only thing stopping that) by the Tol'vir which honestly should suggest that the power would at the very least have diminished in him if not all but completely. More than likely the big reason he seemed a threat in ToT was that the biggest boogie man of Pandaren culture was back to life and they had no idea how he died to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Can't say that Deathwing is stronger than an old god which then can't say that he is equal or greater than Archimonde/KJ etc. It would have to be:

Old god> DW=Arch/KJ
    Old god> DW>Arch KJ
    Old god> Arch/KJ>DW
    Old god=Arch/KJ>DW

This is because the new lore in Chronicle states that a handful of the Keepers empowered the Aspects and not the titans and the Keepers were on par or barely stronger than an old god considering each one plus their army took the entire keepers and the titan forged to defeat. By that logic, technically DW has to be slightly below and old god or maybe equal depending on how much power he gained since they were made the aspects. Archimonde and KJ would technically be on par possibly with an old god or less than an old god considering Sargeras created them(he isn't "stronger" than the Pantheon, just simply was water to fire in regards to them) so they would be of similar strength to a keeper which once again it took all of the keepers to subdue each old god and their army so take that into consideration.
    Relative power-levels are always difficult to estimate in WoW because they're all subject to gameplay-balance factors, but I kind of see it like this:

Titan >> Keepers (obviously, as the Keepers are direct descendents/creations of the Titans)
    Keepers > Aspects (as the Keepers empowered the Aspects originally)
    Keepers > Old Gods (as they defeated and locked them away in Azeroth's prehistory)
    Aspects = Old Gods (a requirement to serve their stated purpose as Azeroth's guardians)
    Titan >> Kil'jaeden/Archimonde (both exceedingly powerful Eredar sorcerers but further imbued by Sargeras)
    Keepers = Kil'jaeden/Archimonde (both effective examples of "children" of their patron Titans)
    Kil'jaeden/Archimonde > Old Gods (following the extrapolation of the above examples)

Various power gains/losses might effect individual examples in those classes, but I think the table is a pretty solid representation of where the various beings lay based on current knowledge.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Keepers > Old Gods (as they defeated and locked them away in Azeroth's prehistory)
    Keepers = Kil'jaeden/Archimonde (both effective examples of "children" of their patron Titans)
    I won't be too sure about those 3 actually.

Even in Chronicle, it was the Pantheon who empowered the Aspects through the Keepers - I believe nothing changed from "Dawn of the Aspects". Freya called upon Eonar to empower Alexstraza & beseeched Eonar to bless Ysera, Archaedas asked Khaz'goroth to bestow some of his vast power upon Neltharion, Loken called on Norgannon to endow Malygos with arcane powers, Ra channeled Aman'thul's power into Nozdormu. While Ra's "channeled the powers of his creator, Aman'thul" can be interpreted that he was doing it by himself (instead of acting as a conduit for Aman'thul), it wouldn't sound right if that was the case for others.

All Keepers together only barely defeated each Old Gods they fought (except Y'Shaarj), so unless we count all Keepers as one entity, but count the Old Gods separately, the Keepers shouldn't be more powerful than the Old Gods.

Similarly, while they were "all children" of sort to the Titans, I don't think the Keepers would be equal to Archimonde & KJ, unless we are counting both sides together. Even so, I wouldn't be sure still, as they were created for different purposes and might have been empowered with different amount of powers (not to mention Archimonde / KJ might have already been powerful before empowered as well, judging based on Velen). I'm not certain myself, though, this is more of a "?" rather than a "no" like the first point.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Even in Chronicle, it was the Pantheon who empowered the Aspects through the Keepers - I believe nothing changed from "Dawn of the Aspects". Freya called upon Eonar to empower Alexstraza & beseeched Eonar to bless Ysera, Archaedas asked Khaz'goroth to bestow some of his vast power upon Neltharion, Loken called on Norgannon to endow Malygos with arcane powers, Ra channeled Aman'thul's power into Nozdormu. While Ra's "channeled the powers of his creator, Aman'thul" can be interpreted that he was doing it by himself (instead of acting as a conduit for Aman'thul), it wouldn't sound right if that was the case for others.

All Keepers together only barely defeated each Old Gods they fought (except Y'Shaarj), so unless we count all Keepers as one entity, but count the Old Gods separately, the Keepers shouldn't be more powerful than the Old Gods.

Similarly, while they were "all children" of sort to the Titans, I don't think the Keepers would be equal to Archimonde & KJ, unless we are counting both sides together. Even so, I wouldn't be sure still, as they were created for different purposes and might have been empowered with different amount of powers (not to mention Archimonde / KJ might have already been powerful before empowered as well, judging based on Velen). I'm not certain myself, though, this is more of a "?" rather than a "no" like the first point.
    "Chronicle" has muddied the waters a bit i.e. the Keepers' relative power vs. the Aspects - if the Aspects were conclusively empowered directly by the Titans just using the Keepers as a conduit I would probably push them up a relative peg or two. Both instances kind of also hinge on exactly how much power was bestowed to the Aspects (for either origin of their power). I didn't really get that the Keepers had much of an issue defeating the Old Gods during their war - it took time relative to Aman'thul killing Y'shaarj by pulling him out of Azeroth's crust like an errant weed, but Titan-forged and Keeper losses to the Old Gods and their forces seemed pretty minimal.

I'd also say that Archimonde and Kil'jaeden are individually more powerful than a given Keeper (e.g. Kil'jaeden > Thorim), but the Keepers as a collective could probably stalemate them. It would require outside forces or influences to tip the scales toward one side or another.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Relative power-levels are always difficult to estimate in WoW because they're all subject to gameplay-balance factors, but I kind of see it like this:

Titan >> Keepers (obviously, as the Keepers are direct descendents/creations of the Titans)
    Aspects = Old Gods (a requirement to serve their stated purpose as Azeroth's guardians)
    Titan >> Kil'jaeden/Archimonde (both exceedingly powerful Eredar sorcerers but further imbued by Sargeras)
    Kil'jaeden/Archimonde > Old Gods (following the extrapolation of the above examples)

Various power gains/losses might effect individual examples in those classes, but I think the table is a pretty solid representation of where the various beings lay based on current knowledge.
    The keepers COLLECTIVELY killed each of the old gods. It took 2 keepers a piece to take down Rag, Therazane, Al Akir, and Neptulon. It took the entire group for each old god AND they almost lost to Yogg Saron who was the last one up.

Deathwing is the second one after we beat archimonde in the nether, maybe yogg saron and Cthun in their prime would be more dangerous but Deathwing was smarth enough to protect himself with a heavy armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Deathwing was smarth enough to protect himself with a heavy armor
    The armor plates were to keep him from bursting apart.

Well, this might just be me spewling some BS, but....no. Deathwing is tough, don't get me wrong, but he's not the strongest being we've faced. Hell, when at lvl 100, DKs were are able to kill gorelix the fleshripper, a mo'arg stated to have destroyed entire worlds with his maw. Also, wasn't it stated that he wiped out entire populations with his "former" weapon as well? So, to be honest, we've faced stronger. Hell, Archimonde destroyed dalaran, just by using a bit of sand. Oh, and not to mention that there was this one time, an eredar used a little spell to destroy an entire world.

Strongest being we've faced my ass. Hell, the seagulls from EoA are stronger, and they're fucking sea-gulls.

- - - Updated - - -

In my eyes, the titan keepers only got fucked either due to the amount of troops the black empire had, or towards the fact that they were so fucking deep inside of azeroths titan.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, about deathwing as well, as much as I like the guy, as well as his power. I have to admit, you're better off sending like 3 legion space-crafts to kill em. Hell, you could just send 1 legion ship to take em on, I heard that fel really gives people a massive hangover.

It's important to know that when Deathwing re-emerged during Cataclysm, he wasn't the same as before. He had been hugely empowered by the Old Gods. He was bigger, more powerful, and his very cells were resistant to annihilation by practically any source. It's why we needed the Dragon Soul. About the only thing with the power to destroy him. And even then it took the Aspects sacrificing their power.

Deathwing of the past was a powerful dragon. And after that, a powerful dragon in an armor. The Deathwing we fought in his final days was an unkillable behemoth of immortal Old God power, kept in the shape of a dragon by metal plates. He could not be destroyed unless completely annihilated in a single attack. And yes, he lacked the power to destroy the world, anywhere else but the Maelstrom. But had he come apart anywhere else and we'd not had the Dragon Soul, we'd have had a fiery mass of claws and tentacles, crawling over the lands to bring death, like an indestructible apocalypse.

As for who would have won in a fight between him and Archimonde? I'd have to go with Archimonde. The demon would have been in the fight of his life. And without armor as he is, no doubt injured. And Deathwing would not have been destroyed. But Archimonde has hugely powerful spellcraft, and the knowledge to use it well. I believe he could have sealed Deathwing, or put him somewhere in the Twisting Nether out of his reach. Deathwing can keep coming at you forever, no matter what wounds you inflict. Even if you reduce him to just a mass of tentacles. But Archimonde should have the wits and magic to find a solution when annihilation fails.

I think Lei Shen (at this full power, Pre-Sundering) could probably go toe to toe with Deathwing, considering he has (at least a decent portion) of Ra's and Aman'thul's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    In my eyes, the titan keepers only got fucked either due to the amount of troops the black empire had, or towards the fact that they were so fucking deep inside of azeroths titan.
    Wasn't there a quote in the Chronicles saying the Titan Forged were getting "corrupted" and twisted before they could strike at the Old Gods? Or something like that. One of the reasons Aman'thul stepped in for example.
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged

Quote Originally Posted by Cl4nK View Post
    Wasn't there a quote in the Chronicles saying the Titan Forged were getting "corrupted" and twisted before they could strike at the Old Gods? Or something like that. One of the reasons Aman'thul stepped in for example.
    Oh, yah, forgot about that part LOL! I don't look into black empire lore much. Really should though.

Source on being empowered by Nzoth please. I'd love to see that. It's even more hilarious that people are still clinging to Nzoth being the one that corrupted him when it was most likely Yogg considering Wyrmrest was a place as were the Dragonshires which are all in Yogg's stomping ground(even back then). Neltharion's Lair etc in BI are equidistant from both Yogg and Nzoth so even assuming one or the other without an in game or in current lore etc. People all started spouting that Nzoth did it when Nzoth was only learned of by name when agents backing him showed up for Dragon Soul which logically speaking could simply be because he was the only one left alive at that point.
    We learned of N'zoth when metzan was talking about who was signing deathwings paychecks. Let's not start this argument again, it's boring, because you don't know what you are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    One of the strongest? yes. The absolute strongest? nope. His madness and the dark gods empowered, he's still a shadow of truly cosmic beings like Kiljeadon and archomonde pre wod retcon bs.
    I just want to point out that Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde aren't cosmic beings, they are titan empowered eredar. Just like Deathwing is an aspect of the titans. The biggest thing we are looking at here are the power backers, Sargeras vs Khaz'goroth and an old god . The real question is did Sargeras give his champions a fragment of his power like the old titans did and how much more power does old god corruption add in.

The keepers COLLECTIVELY killed each of the old gods. It took 2 keepers a piece to take down Rag, Therazane, Al Akir, and Neptulon. It took the entire group for each old god AND they almost lost to Yogg Saron who was the last one up.
    They couldn't take yogg, because of the C'tharxxi. It had nothing to do with yogg himself