Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karasique View Post
    Haha, what?

I would exchange my 875 BDK for a lower guardian druid in a blink!
    You can do it... 2 weeks ago my DK alt was level 100. Today he is 110 with an ilvl of 836 and this is from me only playing him about an hour or so a day. If I had dedicated myself to him, I'm sure he'd be well over 850 by now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Guys let me put it this way. If you look at warcraft logs it's obvious that DKs take almost highest damage except for brewmaster monk BUT if you look at their healing/absorb done they are always highest by FAR. And when I mean by far I mean that :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...Tanks&sample=7

They do 110% more healing than druids and almost 100% more than vengeance DH. Blood Dk seems to be the highest sustain tank. You cant expect to have highest sustain + highest reduction. You are made to take the dmg and then recover from it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    DKs are the worst tanks for Mythic+ right now due to their abysmal mobility and tank mechanic which goes against certain affixes. We have an OT for raiding and he does OK, not as good as our Pally tank though.

Druids on the other hand, are the best tanks right now. You'd be leaving top tank for worst tank in Mythic+ and bottom 3 for raiding.
    I disagree.

I don't think there's a better tank for skittish and necrotic, as compared to a druid and a warrior (our other tanks).

Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    I disagree.

I don't think there's a better tank for skittish and necrotic, as compared to a druid and a warrior (our other tanks).
    Did you really just say that DK is the better tank for Necrotic instead of a Druid or a Warrior?

I think you got the point, but I will add I have both. Main DK and bear alt. I found my bear was much smoother @830 in Mythics that my 840 DK was. I have the same healer and she agrees. My DK is much higher now so does ok in Mythic + but if my Bear was as high it seems I could do higher M+ with it.

But I am happy now that we have IBF now
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Did you really just say that DK is the better tank for Necrotic instead of a Druid or a Warrior?
    No, he typed it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    how many years is it going to take for the blood dk to get to same artifeact level as the bear you have

Go feral or balance for WQ's either of those in decent gear can take on fairly tough WQ's just maybe not the group required tough warden elites and keep that sweet sweet big bear arse for all content you have a healer for.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    Guys let me put it this way. If you look at warcraft logs it's obvious that DKs take almost highest damage except for brewmaster monk BUT if you look at their healing/absorb done they are always highest by FAR. And when I mean by far I mean that :

They do 110% more healing than druids and almost 100% more than vengeance DH. Blood Dk seems to be the highest sustain tank. You cant expect to have highest sustain + highest reduction. You are made to take the dmg and then recover from it.
    A big problem with just looking at healing as the metric is that bone shield (a DR) is being counted as an absorb/heal in logs. If you spec spectral deflection on something like ursoc, it could easily overtake death strike as the majority of your "healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Gimmicks View Post
    A big problem with just looking at healing as the metric is that bone shield (a DR) is being counted as an absorb/heal in logs. If you spec spectral deflection on something like ursoc, it could easily overtake death strike as the majority of your "healing."
    Your name perfectly describes what DK healing on the meters is.

Other than that BDK serves as a great baseline in raids for raid leader. Anybody below BDK on healing or damage is a suitable candidate for replacement.

Deleted
    As a passionate DK and Blood(lies, i'm UH but nobody is accepting me to PuG's for Mythic+).

-Mobility(i don't mind it otherwise, but it sucks that people are waiting for the Tank and you come from behind). This one is the only major one I can think off. This is no issue in raids, but Mythic +.
    -Somehow you can't predict your gameplay. It's really dynamic. According to veterans as well, you either take no damage or as much as a cloth wearer.
    -Spammy spec. You have to work really hard to keep up your absorbs.
    -CDs are can trouble. You might end up in a window, where you simple can't get AoE aggro(unlike Swipe from Guardian).

+Anti Magic Shells makes you bypass stuff(boss spells etc.).
    +Mass Grip is really fantastic in Mythic+.
    +Death and Decay talented(it works basicly as fear every 30sec)is good as hell in dungeons.
    +Bursty competetive AoE DPS.

Sum: Everything you want to be with CD's. And you are simple screwed without CD's. Guardians are chosen over many others classes for Mythic Dungeons. But everything works in raids and all classes provides some sort of niché(in this case gribs and AMS for DK).

DK could be really good as a off-tank in raids. I heard that Nighthold contains plenty of adds and stuff, so I believe Blood will get more respect. But in Mythic Dungeons(like 8+), you simple will fall behind. Dungeons below 5 - you act like a badass DPS tank, with some nice big pulls.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-10-28 at 09:16 AM.

In my experience, if you're talking about Raiding / Mythic+ Dungeons, stick with Druid.

Blood Death Knights have a fine line between success and failure. If you don't do your job properly, or something unexpected happens, a Blood Death Knight doesn't always shine through. Bears are a literal slab of meat. Sit them in front of the boss, and watch them soak up a load of damage. Don't just re-roll because you're feeling it, stick with what you enjoy and master that. If you're genuinely not enjoying Bear, then sure, why not.

No, don't. Been Blood DK all Legion (OS), and I hate tanking higher M+, I just feel so damn squishy, doesn't help with some self healing either, because you die before you can get it really going. Works if you can kite well, and the team comp got aoe stuns for you.

Though in other words, play what you want to play, not what others tell you to play. If you want to test out Blood DK, level one up on the side and see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Is the OP a troll?

I like bear tanking in the sense that they are tough. They have 6% innate dmg reduction from thick hide + 8% from pulverize , highest hp and armor of all tanks BUT very low self sustain. Really healer dependent. At the same time Blood DKs can come release close to hp of bears with foul bulwark and can have 16% reduction from boneshield + 8% from skeletal shattering proc and if the hit is 25% of your hp + 8% from spectral deflection talent. ( can get up to 32% reduction). Their self heals are much stronger too.

What do you think about that? Am I wrong and what would you advise me?
    Bear is the stronger of the two at the moment. Blood DK's rely on that self healing for mitigation, this has always caused issues because they may seem to have strong healing, they lose other defensive ability compared to others. Blood DK's wait to take damage and respond, it can be very healer dependent if you are not good and the healer isn't used to healing a blood DK.

Bear will be more consistent then a DK, the only reason DK has close to the same HP is because they need enough HP to survive things before they can mitigate afterwards. I do like my DK when I go blood but if I was a healer, I would prefer a bear tank as it is easier to predict damage you need to actually heal.

863 ilvl bear tank >>> Shall I reroll to blood DK?

Please don't.

Sincerely,
    a healer

But seriously if you think bears are healer dependent you're in for a rude awakening with DKs.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2016-10-28 at 11:47 AM.

I stepped in for a raid the other night on my tank alt to stop it being cancelled, did 7/7 normal no wipes. I died once on Xavious but that was planned to get rid of corruption because I was screwing up when I was in the dream xD

My tank at that point was 832. our main tank who also happens to be a dk, pulls around 200-400k self healing on trash and a fair chunk on bosses, pretty much every he does is a walk in the path.

No idea about mythic raiding though,

Deleted
    I like bear tanking in the sense that they are tough. They have 6% innate dmg reduction from thick hide + 8% from pulverize , highest hp and armor of all tanks BUT very low self sustain. Really healer dependent. At the same time Blood DKs can come release close to hp of bears with foul bulwark and can have 16% reduction from boneshield + 8% from skeletal shattering proc and if the hit is 25% of your hp + 8% from spectral deflection talent. ( can get up to 32% reduction). Their self heals are much stronger too.

It's a little more complicated. Have in mind that Death Knights have to be hitting things to keep their healing coming and that they are way more fragile than bears. The guardian druid is a kind of tank that takes alot of healing due to mastery and gives little ducks about damage coming in. And when it does come in regeneration just takes care of it. DK is a self healing spike-down-spike-up HP tank. The last expansion was one of the better ones for DK where we had so much damage reduction and so much self sustain we could just tank entire bosses without external heals. But now alot of that damage reduction is gone. Bears on the other hand you have Fur up and 2 hots on you? Lets just pull that Mythic +6 dungeon with all the bosses and just AoE them down.

Quote Originally Posted by teidden View Post
    Is the OP a troll?
    Nah, Tauren for the better tanking racials.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere