Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

40 Starlight rose = 3 blood of Sargeras world quest

Thanks Brizzard!

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good deal.

Sometimes i wonder if there's someone so stupid to do those quests, maybe some super lazy ass who has to do daily emissary
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I see this WQ pop up I just laugh. All of them that trade mats for 1-3 bloods is such a rip off it's stupid. The roses one is just the worst of the bunch because they are so valuable.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    to make it worse, today is nightfallen emissary and on two of my chars there's only 4 quests. Guess i'll wait and do it tomorrow when i don't need to trade a stupid amount of valuables to junk.

Don't suppose there is a way to ignore or abandon this. I'm afraid of accidentally completing it.

I saw that WQ and wondered to myself... WHO would actually complete it??

The quest was meant for people who herb and want top save their blood for other stuff?

The worst part is you'd more than likely get a hell of a lot more than 3 bloods picking that 40 rose even if you have rank 3

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Sometimes i wonder if there's someone so stupid to do those quests, maybe some super lazy ass who has to do daily emissary
    I'd never give up starlight rose, but I'm pretty sure I blew 30 leystone or leather to turn in because it was the last WQ I had in Suramar at the time and it put me over the mythics attunement.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    The quest was meant for people who herb and want top save their blood for other stuff?
    There is really no plausible situation where you'd need a blood that badly. In the time it took you to farm those herbs you probably got 3-4 bloods anyway, and if you're talking the trader, anything you can buy off of them (with the exception of order resources but I mean seriously, come on) you can get a better value on by selling some of the starlight and then using the gold to buy it.
    Last edited by Alfador; 2016-10-27 at 07:10 PM.

I don't see the big deal here. I did this quest, because it was an easy completion for the nightfallen emissary. I'm not an herbalist so trading the bloods for the herbs needed is just too easy to pass up. This is the problem with WoW, the community finds anything and everything to complain about these days.

Some people do those quest because they have excess and probably don't want to deal with the AH or need rep badly (ie Nightfallen thresholds if they are off by 1 quest to start the next chain and impatient)

Either way the 40x Rose for 3 bloods is just ridiculous. Since 3 bloods gets you 9 roses at the vendor. At least now some of the herb quests will ask for 20x-40x and give 1-5x blood. At 3x blood you only lose 10 herbs, but gain rep so could be alright trade off. 4x Bloods you'd gain rep and break even. 5x bloods you'd get an extra 10 of that herb if wanted.

Though it does allow some people to trade in their herbs for meat, ore, dust at a loss, but doesn't cost them gold. So a lot of people would probably end up doing the quests. Those who want to maximize profits and analyze things (most people on MMO-C in either category) will ignore the quest.

It's like a quest I get on BS that says 30x Leystore Ore for Pants and the pants cost me 12 ore and 3 Foxflower Flux. I always do it just because I end up with +18 Ore and Flux while 2-3g each I just write off.

That's a terrible deal and I'm highly offended by anyone who takes it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkaandi View Post
    I don't see the big deal here. I did this quest, because it was an easy completion for the nightfallen emissary. I'm not an herbalist so trading the bloods for the herbs needed is just too easy to pass up. This is the problem with WoW, the community finds anything and everything to complain about these days.
    ... what are you on about? You're not a herbalist so you see it as a good deal to turn 40 STARLIGHT ROSES in for 3 bloods, something that's thrown at you from all sorts of content?

People are poking fun at the hilarious nature of the world quest, it's not "complaining" considering the fact that the WQ is entirely optional.

Not all world quests will be valuable to an individual. More news at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkaandi View Post
    You spent 8 bloods to get 3 bloods rather than take 5 mins to do another quest? Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You spent 8 bloods to get 3 bloods rather than take 5 mins to do another quest? Amazing.
    Or basically blew 4000g on a world quest that gave 3 bloods of sargs.

GOOD DEAL. Hope you're not your own accountant!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Actually more than that.

40 Roses / 3 roses on vendor = 13.333333

So they spent 13 bloods, got 3 bloods out of the quest and wasted 10 bloods overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, it's not so bad. You can then use those 3 bloods to buy 9 Roses!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Actually more than that.

40 Roses / 3 roses on vendor = 13.333333

So they spent 13 bloods, got 3 bloods out of the quest and wasted 10 bloods overall.
    Oh i thought you got 5? Not visited it yet in game but it was 5 on the PTR or am i misremembering?