The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I can't understand why AD would sign an extension without even testing free agency first. He must have some hot New Orleans bitches he can't give up
    Wouldn't AD be a restricted free agent anyway? Also, he gets the most guaranteed money extending.

Man they are REALLY pushing these All-State/Chris Paul/DJ. They know the Clippers are forever bridesmaids now, right?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Chicago game was fun. Wade doing his thang at the end...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jregz View Post
    Wouldn't AD be a restricted free agent anyway? Also, he gets the most guaranteed money extending.
    Yeah money is the easy answer, but does it really matter that much in the end? Yeah he would have been restricted, but I believe he could have signed a 1 year ~$20MM offer sheet that the Pels would either match or not. Either way at the end of that year (which would be this current year) he would have been a UFA.

I mean his people are probably telling him make as much money as you can now, you can title chase with your next contract since he'll still be in his prime (28).

Chicago game was fun. Wade doing his thang at the end...
    Wade made 7 threes ALL of last year in 74 games. He made 4 tonight... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Stommped; 2016-10-28 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Did you see the other starters. it was bad.
    Well the rest of the team scored 52 combined to his 50 so yea, that's pretty bad. I get that Tyreke Evans and Jrue Holiday were out but you gotta wonder how long AD will put up with this.

They play the Warriors next. AD will probably put up another monster stat line with the Warriors' rim protection being weak.

Edit:- Also, Kawhi put up another 30 point 5 steal performance. Dude will be in the running for MVP again.
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2016-10-28 at 06:57 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah money is the easy answer, but does it really matter that much in the end? Yeah he would have been restricted, but I believe he could have signed a 1 year ~$20MM offer sheet that the Pels would either match or not. Either way at the end of that year (which would be this current year) he would have been a UFA.

I mean his people are probably telling him make as much money as you can now, you can title chase with your next contract since he'll still be in his prime (28).
    True, but it is a ton of money lol. Maybe you're right... too many high maintenance hoes in New Orleans.

Wade made 7 threes ALL of last year in 74 games. He made 4 tonight... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I love Wade but WHERE WAS THIS ATTENTION TO THE THREE DURING THE HEAT RUN?

---

EDIT: So many people going off. Anthony Davis. Kawhi Leonard. DeMar DeRozan. Damian Lillard. James Harden. Myles Turner. Nuttiest start to a season in a long time.
    Last edited by jregz; 2016-10-29 at 06:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    AD will probably put up another monster stat line with the Warriors' rim protection being weak.
    AD has 95 points in two games so far, and is 0-2 to show for it. That's just insane.

EDIT: So many people going off. Anthony Davis. Kawhi Leonard. DeMar DeRozan. Damian Lillard. James Harden. Myles Turner. Nuttiest start to a season in a long time.
    And how about Westbrook with a 51/13/10 triple double tonight? (Granted, it was an OT victory, but still...)

You think he wanted to show up AD's 50? Then again, his FG% wasn't exactly impressive; he was 17/44.

I'm still sad I don't have him in my fantasy league.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Oh yeah I think NOP are playing SAS tonight but I'm watching League of Legends Finals to be a little cultured so. W/e. Take the night off of basketball.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah you know these LoL championships are in Staples Center? I just made the connection that LAC or LAL couldn't schedule a home game today for that reason. Funny how big cities have to schedule around big events.

I think they had the semifinals or quartfinals for LoL championship in Madison Square Garden too, but I don't think the season started yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys. Idk if I can go back to watching boring regular season shit after what I just witnessed. It's gonna be really tough.

Undefeated teams so far:
    Spurs (3-0)
    Thunder (2-0)
    Bulls (2-0)
    Cavaliers (3-0)
    Hawks (2-0)

Spurs are obviously great. They're definitely getting above 60 wins this season. Probably.
    Thunder are surprising, but 2-0 isn't saying much.
    Bulls I think are upper-middle of the pack. I don't expect them to get more than like 50 wins.
    Cavs...idk. I thought they'd be on a championship high and slip up more. I guess midseason they will.
    Hawks I don't even know about. Assuming they got lucky. (Not that 2-0 even matters.)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Guys. Idk if I can go back to watching boring regular season shit after what I just witnessed. It's gonna be really tough.
    Just watch Portland games, those are usually good for some heart racing. Got both a game tying shot and game winning shot out of Lillard tonight.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah I think NOP are playing SAS tonight but I'm watching League of Legends Finals to be a little cultured so. W/e. Take the night off of basketball.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah you know these LoL championships are in Staples Center? I just made the connection that LAC or LAL couldn't schedule a home game today for that reason. Funny how big cities have to schedule around big events.

I think they had the semifinals or quartfinals for LoL championship in Madison Square Garden too, but I don't think the season started yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Undefeated teams so far:
    Spurs (3-0)
    Thunder (2-0)
    Bulls (2-0)
    Cavaliers (3-0)
    Hawks (2-0)

Spurs are obviously great. They're definitely getting above 60 wins this season. Probably.
    Thunder are surprising, but 2-0 isn't saying much.
    Bulls I think are upper-middle of the pack. I don't expect them to get more than like 50 wins.
    Cavs...idk. I thought they'd be on a championship high and slip up more. I guess midseason they will.
    Hawks I don't even know about. Assuming they got lucky. (Not that 2-0 even matters.)
    You missed the Clips as well (2-0).

Tomorrow (Tuesday) night on NBATV:
    HOU @ CLE 6 PM.
    GSW @ POR 10 PM.

I wanna see how Houston is. I'll watch.

- - - Updated - - -

You missed the Clips as well (2-0).
    Oh yeah you're right lol. They're 4th seed behind 2-1 Portland on the standings. Wtf? Some shenanigans with Divisions I guess.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rolled over Brooklyn tonight. 82-0 inc

I saw that. I was too embarrassed to bring it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't really need luck to beat the Wizards and Sixers. It's also not luck when you beat them both by 20+.

Also make it 3-0 now.

Deleted
    Wait a minute. GSW lost to Duncan-less Spurs? By 29 points?

I've always been confused that one, GSW is supposed to do better than their historic season last year because they added talent, and two, Durant means they're undefeatable. I get they're the favorite, but I would think it takes time to assimilate Durant, and that even matching their season is unrealistic. (This isn't only aimed at you, Arqentum; /r/NBA is being ridiculous about it and I wanted to rant.)

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    It probably doesn't help that they were doing their best impression of the following:

Deleted
    Obviously assimilating takes time and matching is indeed unrealistic.
    On the other side they had time to assimilate since previous Finals and the gap is kinda high.

That looks like a bearish move.

Alright idk what you call them but I've watched a bit of esports this past week. Instead of calling them commenters, I'm calling them "casters." I think that's the term. I'm talking about the people who speak during the game to say what's going on.

I just tuned in for the 4th quarter of HOU @ CLE (it's closer than I thought) but these casters are

Damn it sounds like I'm talking about fucking magic when I say it like that.

Anyway these casters are so B-team. NBATV did a bad job. They have no enthusiasm so it's hard to really get into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knyx View Post
    You don't really need luck to beat the Wizards and Sixers. It's also not luck when you beat them both by 20+.

Also make it 3-0 now.
    Not gonna lie. I forgot we had a Hawks fan in this thread lol. I forgot about you...

I have to watch a game to see how I feel about them. So hold on.

- - - Updated - - -

Game is over. Cavs 4-0 first time since 2000-01 season.

James Harden is pretty good. They have him playing PG and he had 41/15/7. I saw some of his plays and his setups are quite good. It's not fast or flashy but he can just get the ball to people in a good position.

He's also kinda crooked and gets away with fouls/touching but I guess we already knew that.

I also like Eric Gordon. Houston looks decent. Probably 5 or 6 seed?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I don't really like watching on NBATV. They're like ESPN in that they have that bar on the bottom of the screen catching people up with other games. I want 100% of the real estate of my TV to be showing me the game. It's so distracting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Just watch Portland games, those are usually good for some heart racing.
    Unless they're playing the Warriors, apparently.

It's definitely good to see the Warriors getting back to being the Warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

Elsewhere in the NBA:

The New Orleans Pelicans dropped to 0-4.

[Anthony] Davis finished with 35 points and 12 rebounds in the loss, pushing his season averages to 37 points and 13 rebounds per game, both career-highs.

The 23-year-old's 148 total points are the most in NBA history through the first four games of the season by a player whose team lost all of those games, according to ESPN Stats and Information.
    This is tragic.

And the Spurs lost? At home? Wow.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils