Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    My mains AK12 and my Alt who's like 4 days in 110 AK1. So much for the catch up mechanic lol.
    AK 12 isn't possible at this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trashfu View Post
    That argument is so stupid. Why should people be locked to a main and a weaker alt? For several expansions many people have actively played several characters and played what they fancies/guild needed.
    Because, unless you had ridiculous amounts of time, that has always been the case? Your alt was always behind your main until you hit the "raid or die" point with your main where you were gated by weekly loot lockouts.

Well the point of legion (and AP) is that the player doesn't hit that point so easily.

That's the reason why alts are now further behind mains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    Umm I'm AK 11 and I am pretty sure I derped on AK research in the beginning of Legion.

Heeey you don't know him, he might have hit 110 a week before release

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Umm I'm AK 11 and I am pretty sure I derped on AK research in the beginning of Legion.
    Doesn't matter how much you derped it hasn't been 60 days from release yet. Even if he hit 110 1 second after release 12 is impossible
    Last edited by Goshko; 2016-10-28 at 08:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    And they still do by putting in the work needed to get those alts geared. They are not sitting around waiting on artifact knowledge. They are running dungeons, doing world quests, and raiding at all levels.

This thread seems to be a complaint that artifact knowledge isn't a magical skip ahead button. The catch mechanics are for 8 months or so down the line when the real alts are being leveled. It is there to get those characters caught to the curve. The curve isn't very high right now.

I just got my fourth character to 110. Guess what, I don't expect to get it caught up in a few days. It will take a week at least with a little luck on the drops.
    Gearing has never been easier as it is right now, with the many many many ways to get gear.
    I dinged my paladin to 110 on Sunday (A lot of fun btw, prot spec.) and he is AK level 3 now and rocking 833 gear with only 3 hours of played time at level 110.
    I will be doing LFR on Sunday and the World Boss so I expect to be around 840 with the 6 coins I have.
    In 6/7 hours my char went from nothing to ready for mythics and mythic +.

The same happened with my other 3 alts all of which are level 850+ now with minimum play time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Except shoulder enchants weren't ever close to the value that 1 artifact trait is.
    No those 3 seconds reduction om sprint in doing wonders om my rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    No those 3 seconds reduction om sprint in doing wonders om my rogue.
    Feint for 0 energy? Hell yes that is useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Feint for 0 energy? Hell yes that is useful.
    Any alt can get 2 golden traits within no time.. No need to have all traits on day one altoholics.

I wonder if OP knows what is the difference between main character and alt! huh!
    green is the color!

Quote Originally Posted by trashfu View Post
    That argument is so stupid. Why should people be locked to a main and a weaker alt? For several expansions many people have actively played several characters and played what they fancies/guild needed.

"I play the game differently than you, therefore your issue is a nonissue."

Stop being so selfish.
    What's a better scenario - with the greater good and health of the game in mind:

Scenario 1: where there is no differentiation between characters (aka main and alt) because there is a trivial or negligible amount of work required the obtain them

Scenario 2 : where having a main character in world of warcraft actually means something, because you need to devote more time effort and appreciation to, and in return reap the benefits.

I myself had 10 level 100's by the end of wod. Impressive? Not at all. Because it was a trivial amount of time investment, especially over wod, to get that. I would much rather feel compelled, like I am now in legion, to focus on specific characters or even one. I like that legion is basically funnelling My time into one character. I of course can have more alts if I wish, but the time investment is a serious factor to consider. And that's the way it should be.

You basically want some variant of a watered down, diluted world where having 'a character in azeroth' holds no weight - because everyone gets everything given to them for no meaningful investment. And that would make for a washed up, shitty game.

So who's really being selfish here? The people who want a better game, or the people who want to dilute the shit out of it so they can simply have anything and everything for no effort.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2016-10-28 at 08:25 AM.

Have Blizz ever introduced a feature that hasn't killed the game?

Haha my bad, its AK-11. Thought I had hit the 12 on Wednesday. Hmm,still have 2 days on another 1...

Deleted
    AK is not the problem your skewed idea of an alt is.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    stop whining you can get 2nd golden trait on alt in few hours .........>.<
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    My mains AK12 and my Alt who's like 4 days in 110 AK1. So much for the catch up mechanic lol.
    We're only two months into the expansion. You're not supposed to be investing so much in your alt(s) yet. As we get further into the expansion the catch-up mechanic will kick in some more, and those who create alts at that time, will experience it as it's supposed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    Any alt can get 2 golden traits within no time.. No need to have all traits on day one altoholics.
    Oh look, you moved the goalposts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

It doesn't really bother me as I don't raid with my alts. But in general, this expansion is a bit nuts if you have a lot of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Youre completely wrong I'm afraid. Your main is your main for a reason. You don't get a free pass to trivialise the entirety of the work required to differentiate a main between an alt.
    That's a load of nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But in general, this expansion is a bit nuts if you have a lot of alts.
    I agree. AP grind and Suramar gating do make it rather tiresome to keep up multiple chars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Problem is once you hit ak 6 they go back to 5 days need
    Just not true.. I have 3 alts, and even at 7/8 it's at reduced time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 101blubb View Post
    Pretty sure he does mean that. Why shouldn't it be? You have to at least put up an argument, mate. That's the point of forums, after all.
    Well appearently he doesn't; i'm just trying to elaborate further what he is actually talking about.
    My argument: It's the current itteration of "hybrid tax", besides it actually makes you more invested into the spec at hand, which i find to be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    No it's tied to the weapon. I can't move power AP spent in one weapon to another weapon.
    Well once you have assigned it to the weapon it is tied to it. But that's completely on you; since ALL AP gains come trough items which you yourself can use on whatever artifact you choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    Just not true.. I have 3 alts, and even at 7/8 it's at reduced time.
    I would guess it's always related to the current max. AK level about when it will have a how big decrease.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-10-28 at 08:50 AM.

My thoughts on patch based content catch up (which clearly isn't happening):
    Start - 3 days
    7.1 - 2 days
    7.2 - 1 day
    7.3 - 12 hours
    7.4 - 6 hours

If there were to be a 7.4, we'd probably be on year 2 of the expansion, at the end, so it would be do or die for people's alts or new people coming late into the expansion and so the catch up mechanic would be at it's absolute fastest.

But seeing as it's 7.1 now and the catch up is still 3 days, then clearly Blizzard has other ideas. I'm curious as to the direction they'll go with it.