Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcis...ality_disorder

beyond pet battles they shouldn't even be subscribed since 80% of the game is inside an instance after you finish quests for leveling up
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-10-28 at 09:22 AM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    MMORPG. MMO. Massively Multiplayer Online. If you want to be a solo RPG player and expect to get the best loot, go play Skyrim or one of all the other RPG's out there that don't have dungeon and raid content. Why would anyone ever raid or even do dungeons if the best loot could be obtained with solo play with insignificant amount of time played?
    And another one who is not able to grasp that not the BEST loot is requested, but PROGRESSION. Like getting a +1 increase to your overall item level now and then because you get some pieces with +5 bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    And another one who is not able to grasp that not the BEST loot is requested, but PROGRESSION. Like getting a +1 increase to your overall item level now and then because you get some pieces with +5 bonus.
    Yes, and they have access to that. It's called warforged/titanforged loot.

It's a low chance, but it's more than someone who refuses to run more difficult content than world quests deserves.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you dont understand that this is a MULTIPLAYER GAME. My point still stands, IF you want better loot and loot progression then you are going to have to do GROUP content. If the idea of playing with 4 other players terrifies you, you are playing the wrong game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Ok I will highlight the parts I say you are wrong so you can better understand what I was saying this time.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    okay, fair enough. for the legs you have to do all the dungeons in normal. That's literally it. The legs are the 2nd piece you get after dinging 110. So solo for 7/8 pieces and normal groupfinder dungeons for the last item.

The same reason Blizzard "needs" $15 a month without any new content for a year.

Deleted
    It's not a matter of skill anymore, more the matter of luck with WF and TF procs. But if you overgear the content to some degree, you can compensate to a degree for lack of skill (like people steamrolling WoD mythics with enough gear, almost not caring about mechanics at all).
    why ilvl is thought as skill is for several possible factors
    ilvl = done high content
    ilvl = commitment
    ilvl = luck

2 factors has an increased chance on showing skill. But although you can get lucky with titanforged with commitment you get some anyway.
    What is really important to know is that the system checks your maximum ilvl not the equiped one. So even if you dont use the item you should always keep your highest ilvl in your bags/bank if not equiped.
    It might be because of titan forged and legendary that 845+ ilvl for mythic is asked. It feels silly when your gearing an alt but at the same time i started doing it as well for pugs. Another reason is because the one who made the group has lower ilvl and it needs to be compensated.

I get both sides. In a way maybe that group that is being made isn't looking for the type of group the alt is searching for. The system casts people in stages that doesn't mix them like que system. A newly gearing alt needs to do the same initial stage your main once did (although you tend to have a strongly geared player in your group still).

the question of whether casuals need gear makes me laugh, it's like saying do mythic raiders need mythic loot.

if you can clear mythic with gear from heroic, why does mythic drop loot?

the answer is the same for both - to make life easier in current content and so you can get into the next tier of content.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Casuals need gear to stand chanse vs hardcore players in PVP.

For example even in BGs bad geared ppl have 1600k hp and good geared have 2400k hp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Always the same attitude with these edgelords. You'll grow up once you realize there's a life outside of WoW and you have to move out of your parents their basement and quit living off welfare.

INFRACTION
    Why did this guy get a warning? He's 100% spot on. Sounds like this post did a 100% critical hit on a Mod, Whats the point in trying to " Do your job " when you shouldnt even let this topic side in the 1st place? If your going to hard out Infractions mabye the OP should get the 1st for lack of respect for fellow players and starting this shitfest. The mods in this joint lol.

The I pay so I deserve always makes me chuckle.
    Wanna know what makes me Chuckle? Dudes that are lazy, Dont want to work and think they should get better loot because they cant grow up and want to sit & play video games for 12 hours a day and think the hard working man that pays taxes, works should sit at the back of the bus.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; 2016-10-28 at 12:19 PM.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say someone only do World Quests. No dungeons, PVP no nothing. Eventually, killing stuff slowly gets extremely boring and frustrating. These people will slowly get gear through their emissary rewards and will see a progression and it will feel good and makes them want to play more.

Gearing is the most basic goal of a MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I got triggered
    just in case those trigger event become more common take a good ol'

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Why do casuals need gear? Why do non race drivers need fast cars? Why do you need anything except the bare essentials in life really?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Look what allowing great gear from casual sources did to raiding in the first raiddungeon on EN. It got cleared in a day.
    That is not really a good metric. Who cleared what in what gear? Old Heroic raid guilds were clearing old normal raids in the first week back in WoTLK.

I have not raided this expansion, but judging from certain comments, the normal difficulty is on par with MoP LFR. In which case, many raid guilds raiding old normal would clear it fairly soon. But these guilds should be on heroic, which I believe is similar to old normal.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I have not raided this expansion, but judging from certain comments, the normal difficulty is on par with MoP LFR.
    This is not even close to true.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Why do elite players need gear? If they are that good why do they need gear? See what I did here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    And you dont understand that this is a MULTIPLAYER GAME. My point still stands, IF you want better loot and loot progression then you are going to have to do GROUP content. If the idea of playing with 4 other players terrifies you, you are playing the wrong game.
    Multiplayer is a faster and greater progression gradient. But WoW always had solo player content, and had quite a long time where crafted gear without only partial requirements to farm materials or patterns in dungeons / raids was en par with dungeon and raid drops.

You assume that I want to play the game completely on my own, and this is blatantly wrong. I just want things to do in cases when I cannot find people for a group, because my work schedule differs from that of the people in my guild as well as from the majority of people playing on my server and server pool.

Also, random upgrades are not worth discussing because RANDOM. The most important thing in progression is planning, at least when you only have a limited amount of time to play on a day or in a week. You have to allocate your time to activities which will progress your character. For me, this means to calculate how much time searching for a group will take and if I would be able to fill up this time with an activity which is inferior to group activity but could possibly yield a reward in terms of progression.

Random upgrades are very bad for your favored progression to higher content, by the way. Now people have even less need to actually progress into group content, because why bother if they can get a random upgrade from chasing squirrels? For me, running group content, at least dungeon groups, is an important activity, because it's a fundamentally different experience from solo play and some classes / roles are only interesting for me in group content (tanks, healers), because they only exist for group content.

Still, you have to gear up to actually get into a group. It's not that of a hassle with automatic matchmaking, because you are good to go as soon as you hit the minimum level requirement. It's a totally different thing with premade groups, though, because the goalposts for minimum gear requirements move higher and higher (also due to people expecting you to have better item level because random upgrades - how they can bring together expecting and random is a very mind-boggling thing, but they do, just as you do), and some classes / specs are considered inferior to others, and even have a harder time.

I am reaching item level 860 now - with some gear from WQs and upgraded crafted items, but most of my upgrades actually are from world bosses, LFR and first and foremost mythic0 dungeons. I would still be somewhere around 840 at best if I would only hope for the best and pray to RNGjesus with WQs. Yes, it would be OK if I would not run any dungeons / raids except random heroics and LFR, but this is not my aim, and this is not what people like you want.

So, this is a very stupid dilemma, and its 100% caused by the game design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    Let's say someone only do World Quests. No dungeons, PVP no nothing. Eventually, killing stuff slowly gets extremely boring and frustrating. These people will slowly get gear through their emissary rewards and will see a progression and it will feel good and makes them want to play more.

Gearing is the most basic goal of a MMORPG.
    Also this. People have to do things in the game, stay subbed, pay the further development of the game. Win-Win-Situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Ok I will highlight the parts I say you are wrong so you can better understand what I was saying this time.
    So I guess the third artifact slot is too much to unlock, and that should be just given to you too, huh?
    Why do you want stuff in the game if you don't want to play the game?

It's amazing that you don't even want to do normal 5 mans, or are saying that you want stuff without even doing a normal difficulty dungeon.

Each piece has a different unlock requirement:
    Head - Free from a Level 110 Class Hall quest, costs gold if you want another.
    Shoulder - Earn Exalted with the Nightfallen, item level 820.
    Chest - Complete your Class Hall campaign
    Wrist - Recruit 6 Champions for your Class Hall.
    Gloves - Earn Honored with the Nightfallen.
    Belt - Earn 100,000 Artifact Power,
    Legs - Defeat the final boss of all Legion dungeons.
    Boots - Earn Revered with 2 Broken Isles factions.
    Item level 810 to 820 Upgrade - Costs 500 x Order Resources
    Item level 820 to 830 Upgrade - Costs 2,000 x Order Resources
    Item level 830 to 840 Upgrade - Earn Honored with the Nightfallen, costs 4,000 x Order Resources
    Might as well unsub if you don't wanna play the game, bro. None of these things are hard/unreasonable.
    Last edited by kary; 2016-10-28 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The quests you described were mostly class/role specific meaning they have to create like 20 questioned to replicate one dungeon. It's impractical. And even if people don't quest healer, it's their main spec and the one that they gear for, so it's unfair to make them switch to whatever dodgy dps gear they have to do world content that's hard.
    It's unfair for healers to switch gear to easily do solo content... Now i heard it all....