Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not patriotism; that's nationalism.

Without nationalism there is no 'what the flag represents' to get butthurt over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    I'm sorry, love. The attention is flattering but we're into strong guys, not manlets obsessed with fashion and fey little cars, who are unable to protect us from third-world invaders. Run along little Eurocuck.
    Cool story trumpette.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Dude, you served and you think some hicks with AR-15's are going to amount to fuck all if the military doesn't side with them? What're you going to do against an IFV, or even just a Humvee? You're going to be up against trained soldiers with selective-fire weapons and full kit including armor, while you're wearing a t-shirt and using what amounts to a hunting rifle. How's that going to work? All these "fight against tyranny" types seem to act like the entire country will just immediately recognize them as being right, not being passed off as a bunch of fucking lunatics that need to be put down like rabid animals.

Would it have made a difference in World War 2? Maybe. Technology was less advanced, communications were less advanced. I still doubt that having some guns would've done much to stop a rapid push by motorized infantry, though. They wouldn't have even had semi-automatic weapons, they would've still been using bolt-action leftovers from the first war. Besides, I'm sure plenty of folks did have their own guns back then, especially outside of the major metro areas - hunting and subsistence farming were more common in 1939 than they are today.

People seriously need to stop acting like the Second Amendment is "allowing them to resist tyranny." That definitely worked in the late 18th century when it was penned, but it doesn't really apply anymore.
    Insurrgencies, if done correctly can be very effective.

You don't need to win every battle, all that needs to be done is to whittle down morale and support for the engaging party.

I am proud of my country because of the beliefs it was originally founded by.

I love my country but I am fearful of my government.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    There is another difference in my experience.
    European patriotism is about wanting to be the best, doing whatever it takes. That includes analysing how other countries beat us in certain areas.
    US patriotism is about thinking you are already the best, ignoring the fact that some countries are better in certain areas.
    Yeah but America is the best :P . Or are you going to try and say that the strongest, wealthiest, most influential country in the world isn't the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    Yeah but America is the best :P . Or are you going to try and say that the strongest, wealthiest, most influential country in the world isn't the best?
    None of which has anything to do with being the best.

Please don't make the rest of us Americans look dumb.

It is not the wealthiest country. And a country being "the best" really depends on how you measure that. There is more to a country than just its GDP and military.

Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    Because most yanks love to support war, atrocities such as mass genocide for natural resources such as oil, gas, diamonds etc while blaming others for their imperialism of playing world police
    Do you support hashtags like #bringbackourgirls, #haitihelp, or other ones that basically call on the west (mainly the USA) to aid those in need who can't help themselves due to them having terrible governments that either don't care or are incompetent? If so then you're a hypocrite. You can't just call on the USA to help when you want and then tell them to fuck off when they try to fix the underlying issues that caused those 3rd world countries to need our help in the first place. The point is that if you want the USA to stop playing world police then don't expect the USA to send aid to 3rd world countries when they have to deal with crises that they aren't prepared to deal with.

Also, it's kinda selfish of you to tell the USA to stop world policing when mass rape, genocide, and oppression are rampant throughout the 3rd world. I mean, you know this is going on and then criticize the only 3rd party that is trying to help stop it because you don't like one country meddling in another countries affairs even if those affairs are mass rape, genocide, or oppression (the hard and terrible kind not the weak implicit kind that the left claims "marginalized" groups in the USA face).

Also, it's kinda selfish of you to tell the USA to stop world policing when mass rape, genocide, and oppression are rampant throughout the 3rd world. I mean, you know this is going on and then criticize the only 3rd party that is trying to help stop it because you don't like one country meddling in another countries affairs even if those affairs are mass rape, genocide, or oppression (the hard and terrible kind not the weak implicit kind that the left claims "marginalized" groups in the USA face).
    It's kinda funny reading that about USA, country that was pretty much founded on mass rape, genocide and oppression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Dude, you served and you think some hicks with AR-15's are going to amount to fuck all if the military doesn't side with them? What're you going to do against an IFV, or even just a Humvee? You're going to be up against trained soldiers with selective-fire weapons and full kit including armor, while you're wearing a t-shirt and using what amounts to a hunting rifle. How's that going to work? All these "fight against tyranny" types seem to act like the entire country will just immediately recognize them as being right, not being passed off as a bunch of fucking lunatics that need to be put down like rabid animals.

Would it have made a difference in World War 2? Maybe. Technology was less advanced, communications were less advanced. I still doubt that having some guns would've done much to stop a rapid push by motorized infantry, though. They wouldn't have even had semi-automatic weapons, they would've still been using bolt-action leftovers from the first war. Besides, I'm sure plenty of folks did have their own guns back then, especially outside of the major metro areas - hunting and subsistence farming were more common in 1939 than they are today.

People seriously need to stop acting like the Second Amendment is "allowing them to resist tyranny." That definitely worked in the late 18th century when it was penned, but it doesn't really apply anymore.
    Well 10+ years of fighting some Hicks with AK-47s in the desert would prove otherwise.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you support hashtags like #bringbackourgirls, #haitihelp, or other ones that basically call on the west (mainly the USA) to aid those in need who can't help themselves due to them having terrible governments that either don't care or are incompetent? If so then you're a hypocrite. You can't just call on the USA to help when you want and then tell them to fuck off when they try to fix the underlying issues that caused those 3rd world countries to need our help in the first place. The point is that if you want the USA to stop playing world police then don't expect the USA to send aid to 3rd world countries when they have to deal with crises that they aren't prepared to deal with.

It's kinda selfish of you to deny the facts the us is the root cause of terrorism in these 3rd world nations by actively funding them for dacades for cooperate greed while you sit on your tv chanting "USA USA USA ". if you think I am wrong look around you there is all sorts of evidence that the us funds terrorism in order to make money of it by playing the "good" guy , such as right now actively funding the Saudis for oil cum shots so they can continue bombing the people of Yemen who currently starve to death or the Israel government oppressing the people of Palestine. I suggest you come off your high horse as patriotism is just as worst as a religious ideology that only promotes war and genocide for greed

Patriotism is more linked to ideals. We try to connect these ideals to our laws...with success more often than not. Part of those ideals is recognizing when it fails and fixing it, not blindly following the failures with the successes.

Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    It's kinda funny reading that about USA, country that was pretty much founded on mass rape, genocide and oppression.
    mass rape and oppression sure, but genocide not so much. The Native Americans were wiped out by diseases that were inadvertently brought by settlers, so unless you wanna be lumped in with some white genocide nuts who think that there is a genocide against the white race despite not being able to prove that there is an intent to do so then you might not wanna use that word inappropriately.

Other than that, do you really think that it's a valid criticism to say "oh you used to do it too" when someone is trying to stop a harmful act? Think about it, by your logic an ex-con cannot rightfully become someone who saves people or helps them in some way because he/she did similar wrong actions in the past thus you're damning them to remain as the same evil wrongdoer that they were in the past. I guess we should just never let anyone out of prison because it'd be wrong to let someone who committed crimes and atrocities do the opposite of those and help people instead. I mean, I really want to hammer this home, what precludes someone who has done something wrong in the past from stopping others who are doing similar wrongdoings? By what logic can you justify criticizing someone who is trying to help people for past wrongdoings? I mean, it is one thing to criticize how they help them, but to criticize the very act due to the helper's past actions is closed-minded nonsense that is directly in line with extreme right winger's thinking about convicts and how they should jailed for as long as possible because they can never hope to change.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    and here we go. I love these typical bullshit responses. I'm curious as to how you've determined out of 350+ million people that most of them prefer those things? I love these threads that turn into an instant lets bash on the U.S parade. I for one would be perfectly fine if the U.S. stopped giving a shit about any other country and put all our resources and effort into our own land for a change. You want to be defended, fuck you do it yourself. You want aid when a disaster hits? Fuck you. Everyone moans about the U.S. but at the same time they try to emulate the culture. Sure we're not perfect but I haven't seen any other country willing to take the reins and try to baby sit the globe the way the U.S. does.
    Actually currently Russia and its allies do what the us doesn't which is killing more Isis fighters than the us while the yanks is clueless and funds rebels which you have no clue of turn out to be Isis instead. I trust the Russians more getting rid of them than the us. The only reason the us wants Assad out is fog so called regime change , worked great for Iraq and Libya right ?

mass rape and oppression sure, but genocide not so much. The Native Americans were wiped out by diseases that were inadvertently brought by settlers, so unless you wanna be lumped in with some white genocide nuts who think that there is a genocide against the white race despite not being able to prove that there is an intent to do so then you might not wanna use that word inappropriately.

Other than that, do you really think that it's a valid criticism to say "oh you used to do it too" when someone is trying to stop a harmful act? Think about it, by your logic an ex-con cannot rightfully become someone who saves people or helps them in some way because he/she did similar wrong actions in the past thus you're damning them to remain as the same evil wrongdoer that they were in the past. I guess we should just never let anyone out of prison because it'd be wrong to let someone who committed crimes and atrocities do the opposite of those and help people instead. I mean, I really want to hammer this home, what precludes someone who has done something wrong in the past from stopping others who are doing similar wrongdoings? By what logic can you justify criticizing someone who is trying to help people for past wrongdoings? I mean, it is one thing to criticize how they help them, but to criticize the very act due to the helper's past actions is closed-minded nonsense that is directly in line with extreme right winger's thinking about convicts and how they should jailed for as long as possible because they can never hope to change.
    I didn't say a word about "white genocide" or any other conspiracy theories like that. Did you miss the fact that US is still profiting from opression? Being allies with Saudi Arabia comes to mind, turning blind eye to what they do when it benefits US. What gives US the moral authority to be the world's policeman when you still do shit like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Please don't make the rest of us Americans look dumb.

It is not the wealthiest country. And a country being "the best" really depends on how you measure that. There is more to a country than just its GDP and military.
    I also included the most influential, if you care to read. Have you seen European news recently, it's been abuzz with news of the US presidential election and how often is the reverse true for any European country? The point is that the USA is so powerful that anything that happens here has ripple effects throughout the world. I personally measure "the best" by the impact that the country has on human history. The Roman Empire was one of the best empires in history due to it's insane amount of wealth, military might, and influence at the time which left a notable mark on history and whose fall left the world in a "dark age" for a few centuries due to the fact that contemporary civilization was built on the shoulders of the Roman Empire. So I'd pose the question to you, in what way is the USA not "the best" country and just out of interest, are you from the USA?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    Actually currently Russia and its allies do what the us doesn't which is killing more Isis fighters than the us while the yanks is clueless and funds rebels which you have no clue of turn out to be Isis instead. I trust the Russians more getting rid of them than the us. The only reason the us wants Assad out is fog so called regime change , worked great for Iraq and Libya right ?
    What, no criticism for Russia being imperialistic assholes who are openly aggressive towards the EU and invaded Ukraine? Amazing how the instant you're not talking about the USA, you start to grow a blind spot for powerful countries denying the sovereignty of weaker countries and acting like imperialistic douche bags. Or are you just selfish and more concerned about ISIS because I presume you're from Europe and to you Islamic Jihadism must be a more pressing issue than Russian Imperialism because your idiotic leaders are letting millions of "refugees" in without enough screening which is leading to a massive increase in terrorist attacks thus you're willing to turn a blind eye to Russian Imperialism so long as they defeat ISIS for you. Also, if you like wagging your finger at the USA for it's proxy war with Russia in the Middle East then how about we include how the EU has funded conflict and despotism in Africa for the sake of controlling their resources? It seems that even without the patriotism of the USA, the EU can fuck over other weaker countries for their own greed just fine and no one seems to bat an eyelid at that.
    Last edited by Vynny; 2016-10-28 at 07:21 PM.

Easiest answer of my life. Because the United States was founded based off of the principles of oppression and tyranny.

America Is Not the Greatest Country on Earth

Every study ranking nations by health or living standards invariably offers Scandinavian social democracies a chance to show their quiet dominance. A new analysis published this week—perhaps the most comprehensive ever—is no different. But what it does reveal are the broad shortcomings of sustainable development efforts, the new shorthand for not killing ourselves or the planet, as well as the specific afflictions of a certain North American country.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The brits first called it soccer then changed to football later on. Its soccer, fucking deal with it.
    Considering "soccer" comes from contracting "(As)soc(iation football)", I think you will find you are quite wrong.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post

The 2nd amendment isn't for sporting, or even home defense, it's to fight against a tyrannical government. I believe that at any given time, we are three missed meals and a charismatic leader away from converting from a republic to a dictorial government.
    The idea that a group of citizens ( however large) could stand up to drones and stealth bombers is ludicrous. Maybe it was true before the modern tech-heavy military, but today any "domestic enemies" wouldn't even see what killed them.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson