Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Politically speaking "Europe" stops at the Russian border. East of that is not Europe...it's Russia. Tho indeed geographically speaking Europe only stops at the Urals, so most Russians live in geographical Europe.
    Bullshit, they are Eastern European country, like the others in Eastern Europe only bigger country.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Russia isnt really a Western country,
    No, and that's a good thing for the world n Eastern Europe. There's enough western countries causing troubles across the world already.

and most of Russia is actually in Asia.
    irrelevant, the vast majority of the population is in Europe. Siberia is like your Alaska, only bigger.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-10-28 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Nothing eastern from Austria or Germany is.
    Depends on how you define it, but generally it is seen as those areas that are within the geographical area consistent with the EU, the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Bullshit, they are Eastern European country, like the others in Eastern Europe only bigger country.
    They are a Eurasian country, most of Russia is in Asia.

Deleted
    They are a Eurasian country, most of Russia is in Asia.
    I already answered this, they are an Eastern European country because they have the same identity, church, alphabet n mentality as other countries in Eastern Europe. Most Russians live in Eastern Europe, Siberia is largely empty, like your Alaska.

Imagine if Alaska was way larger than the rest of the USA n it was in Asia but like Siberia sparsely populated, would that make your country's identity an Amero-Asian country? LOL??

10+ Year Old Account

No, and that's a good thing for the world n Eastern Europe. There's enough western countries causing troubles across the world already.

irrelevant, the vast majority of the population is in Europe. Siberia is like your Alaska, only bigger.
    Europe (being an arbitrary idea anyway) needs to be officially redrawn to only include the EU region. Russia doesnt really fit in.

Deleted
    Europe (being an arbitrary idea anyway) needs to be officially redrawn to only include the EU region. Russia doesnt really fit in.
    EU is a political thingy, Kell, didn't they teach you that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I know this is an anti-Russia thread but I would say it's more relevant than Poland.
    Lets be honest, nothing is less relevant than Wales!

10+ Year Old Account
    I already answered this, they are an Eastern European country because they have the same identity, church, alphabet n mentality as other countries in Eastern Europe. Most Russians live in Eastern Europe, Siberia is largely empty, like your Alaska.

Imagine if Alaska was way larger than the rest of the USA n it was in Asia but like Siberia sparsely populated, would that make your country's identity an Amero-Asian country? LOL??
    The "Western" portion of Eastern Europe is Roman Catholic, uses the Latin Alphabet, or (to a lesser extent) is Southern Slavic. The Eastern Slavs are not mentally as tied to Europe as Western Slavs. Europe really should end where the USSR began (sans Baltics).

Given your scenario, yes the US would be an "Amero-Asian" country.

- - - Updated - - -

EU is a political thingy, Kell, didn't they teach you that?
    And "Europe" is also a political thing in reality. Properly, it is the Eurasian Continent.

?

Since when are Russians trying to associate with evil gay Europe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    ?

Since when are Russians trying to associate with evil gay Europe?
    I said eastern europe, not western.

Why are you called Cyberowl but got a corgi icon?

Seems you don't love corgis enough.

Cybercorgi is a better name.

- - - Updated - - -

The "Western" portion of Eastern Europe is Roman Catholic, uses the Latin Alphabet, or (to a lesser extent) is Southern Slavic. The Eastern Slavs are not mentally as tied to Europe as Western Slavs. Europe really should end where the USSR began (sans Baltics).
    Wrong, they are tied to Europe, they are THERE, just because they aren't western european doesn't mean they ain't european, who gave western europe the right to define what is and what isn't european? Such nonsense.

Culturally? Oh, I guess Australia are a bunch of Asians and in no way part of western culture.

You are a funny guy, Kell.

Because I mained a Moonkin back when I was playing WoW. Corgis are hella cute though. Just look at them!

http://imgur.com/9AsqsFj

Corgis are love, Corgis are life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Because I mained a Moonkin back when I was playing WoW. Corgis are hella cute though. Just look at them!

http://imgur.com/9AsqsFj

Corgis are love, Corgis are life.
    I want a fel Corgi mount, with horns n spikes. Then class balance will become unimportant to me, they can even resurrect Garrosh as the new Lich King if they want to.

Politically speaking I have to agree. Geographically speaking it's a bit hard because unlike the Urals, Russia isn't really a geographical feature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What can they do against a massive bombardment? Or a nuke?
    Invoke Article 5 of the NATO charter and /popcorn while the land formerly known as Russia becomes a moonscape.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, they are tied to Europe, they are THERE, just because they aren't western european doesn't mean they ain't european, who gave western europe the right to define what is and what isn't european? Such nonsense.

Culturally? Oh, I guess Australia are a bunch of Asians and in no way part of western culture.

You are a funny guy, Kell.
    Most historical concepts of Europe are Western European in origin, you do know that right? You also know that for much of history "Europe" was thought of as the Latin Church dominated portion of Eurasia, yes? Europe is a pretend continent, you understand that right?

Culturally, Australia is more Western than Russia, and arguably more so than modern Greece.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

And "Europe" is also a political thing in reality. Properly, it is the Eurasian Continent.
    Are you European? If not, please don't speak about our matters.

Europe ends at the Ural Mountains, a point from which eastwards-on has very few ethnic Russians living. Regardless, the Russians originated in Europe like all other Europeans, and all their relevant history is in Europe. That they happened to have taken some land in Asia doesn't make it an Asian country per se whatsoever, since the Asian part is highly irrelevant to its nation (i.e., the Russians), culture, et cetera.

The UK wasn't an Asian, African or X country when it had conquered a large portion of the world. It was still European because that was the part truly relevant to the country.

Western Europeans never defined Europe. Europe was predominantly defined by the Southern and Southeastern Europeans (Romans and Greeks, respectively). Later, there was heavy exchange of culture by Europeans, and so there was no mere "West and East" or such political definitions we have in modern times. This division largely came as a result of the Communist infection in Eastern Europe.

Nice try, though. Russians are Europeans, so get over that.

So are Russians east of the Ural mountains, not Russians?

And as a Dane, can I tell you to not talk about Danish matters? Realise that an American can easily have a way better understanding of European history and culture than a European "and vice versa", it might come as a surprise to you, but it is very much possible for Americans to travel and live in Europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So are Russians east of the Ural mountains, not Russians?

And as a Dane, can I tell you to not talk about Danish matters? Realise that an American can easily have a way better understanding of European history and culture than a European "and vice versa", it might come as a surprise to you, but it is very much possible for Americans to travel and live in Europe.
    He can argue but should not opine. It is tiring to witness foreigners make stupid subjective talking points about our continent.

Russians living east of the Ural Mountains are still Russians, yes. The very point is that everything that matters about Russia, namely the origin of their people and country, their culture, their language, et cetera, all is European in nature. The fact that they have a lot of land extension that has little to no relevance to their nation doesn't make them any less European than any other people. Even if all of them settled in Asia, they remain Europeans, for the reasons I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Are you European? If not, please don't speak about our matters.

Europe ends at the Ural Mountains, a point from which eastwards-on has very few ethnic Russians living. Regardless, the Russians originated in Europe like all other Europeans, and all their relevant history is in Europe. That they happened to have taken some land in Asia doesn't make it an Asian country per se whatsoever, since the Asian part is highly irrelevant to its nation (i.e., the Russians), culture, et cetera.

The UK wasn't an Asian, African or X country when it had conquered a large portion of the world. It was still European because that was the part truly relevant to the country.

Western Europeans never defined Europe. Europe was predominantly defined by the Southern and Southeastern Europeans (Romans and Greeks, respectively). Later, there was heavy exchange of culture by Europeans, and so there was no mere "West and East" or such political definitions we have in modern times. This division largely came as a result of the Communist infection in Eastern Europe.

Nice try, though. Russians are Europeans, so get over that.
    Russia is Eurasian, the part that makes them a player in the world today is mostly in Asia.

The Brits often see Europe as continental Europe.

The Greeks and Romans viewed "Europe" far differently than what modern people do (especially the Greeks). There was, and is, a major break caused by the split of the Christian Church into Roman (West) and Orthodox (East) factions.

- - - Updated - - -

He can argue but should not opine. It is tiring to witness foreigners make stupid subjective talking points about our continent.

Russians living east of the Ural Mountains are still Russians, yes. The very point is that everything that matters about Russia, namely the origin of their people and country, their culture, their language, et cetera, all is European in nature. The fact that they have a lot of land extension that has little to no relevance to their nation doesn't make them any less European than any other people. Even if all of them settled in Asia, they remain Europeans, for the reasons I said.
    "Your" continent is Eurasia, Asia and Europe are political constructs.

Deleted
    Russia is Eurasian, the part that makes them a player in the world today is mostly in Asia.

The Brits often see Europe as continental Europe.

The Greeks and Romans viewed "Europe" far differently than what modern people do (especially the Greeks). There was, and is, a major break caused by the split of the Christian Church into Roman (West) and Orthodox (East) factions.

- - - Updated - - -

"Your" continent is Eurasia, Asia and Europe are political constructs.
    Russia is European. The Asian part is irrelevant except for the obvious elements like resources. Just accept that, and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia is European. The Asian part is irrelevant except for the obvious elements like resources. Just accept that, and move on.
    Russia may be partially included, but it doesnt really belong. Remove the resources and Russia is irrelevant, thus Russia is only relevant because of its Asian part.