Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Nightbane needs some 865+ gear. Rest is cake.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Made it to Curator and had to stop. Place is hard as shit, but will get easier with gear.
    Group comp is really important and we tried with 3 melee.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    Made it to Curator and had to stop. Place is hard as shit, but will get easier with gear.
    Group comp is really important and we tried with 3 melee.
    Most of the trash is easy and annoying just round em up and aoe while yawning

How ever the trash when the instance flips is pretty fucking good and makes me wonder why the hell doesnt blizzard make more trash like that?! It actually makes you be aware of your suroundings and you know...PLAY THE GAME rather then be on auto pilot spamming the aoe button.

The bosses are harder then other dungeons and require you to follow tactics. if you don't you wipe simple as that and this is the way it should be

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    One of the most frustrating experiences attempting to do with a pug group
    after doin it with guildies -overtuned bosses , undertuned loot , fun but f... pugging it on alts unless with 900 itlv geared people with current tunning.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-10-29 at 06:18 AM.

Nightbane will be hard for pugs. After going back in there to summon him, took us 4-5 wipes as a 880 ish ilvl grp.

Just did it with a guild group, we are all 865-870. Took about 3h to do, sadly I don't think I got an upgrade out of it. We wiped probably 8-10 times, some on boss some just pulling too much trash but overall it wasn't really hard. We didn't really read the dungeon journal unless we wiped on the boss.

Did it with some friends from guild. Took 6 f**** hours, because we've had one healer dpsing as offspec and one person who can't dps to save their life. Lenght aside, the dungeon was really fun, all bosses (except Nightbane I assume) are doable even with low dps when you do the mechanics properly. I mean two people doing 130-170k low dps. Having more than one melee would make it MUCH harder though
    The NPCs after opera were fun (talk to the wolf!), the upside down section was fun when you look at the "ceiling" first time and the drop through space was amazing!

ED: to add a couple things. Most corpse runs weren't so bad if you've got someone who knows the layout of the place. Notable are Maiden (not that bad), Curator is awful and last boss run is just ridiculous and completely unnecessary. Why not respawn at the entrance where it drops you after death :/

Also, looks out for the books! There are books giving buffs for each role and they are tremendous help. They aren't souldbound so read what they do and distribute accordingly. On ranged dps Titanstrike procs were my second highest damage ability
    Last edited by Xaath; 2016-10-29 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Can`t stop laughing..ppl are sooo hmm mentally challenged.."it was easy, or at least not so hard than the rest of the mythic instas, wiped only on 2 bosses in ilvl 871"
    First...which mythic insta gives you trouble in ilvl 871? Or which boss? (apart maybe Wardens end boss, where the creeping doom walls can be really bad rng)
    Second...Easy in around 25-30 plus ilvl ? Really? Have you ever heard the word overgeared?
    YOU guys are the bad players, not who complain in 850-855 ilvl...
    Rotfl... I suppose he was speaking of mythic+ instances being hard at 870 ilvl, you know like, mythic 10+? And Karazhan was not hard even in the 850-860 range ilvl, it was challenging meaning you had to pull with some head and execute mechanics properly and yes, there were a couple of dps/healing checks to be made that could be tuned down a little but they should really stop being a problem in a week or two of gearing.

Wild guess, the people complaining now have probably pugged the instance with no voice comm and for what I care they can keep wiping and whining. I mean seriously, what's your problem? You have been told a thousand times now that mythic content is *not intended* to be pugged with a group of strangers who cannot coordinate and communicate. If you don't have friends in a MMO either change game or do the content aimed at solo players and for god's sake stop trying to ruin the first cool thing that 5-man content have seen in ages.

Deleted
    first run took 2h. Some wipes on maiden. No rush. Wasn't hard at all.

Logged in yday after work and realised I had to do 3 more mythics for the attunement. Nonetheless my guildmates were waiting for me until I was finished (<3). After the short q line infront of Kara we were ready to go. Hell it was a blast. I love it. Bosses are well tuned for our 855+ average ilvl and we did one shot most of the bosses incl. the last one . All in all it took us about 2 hrs with exploring the whole instance (even run around the platform for nightbane). The length and 50% new dungeon design are really nice. But I think it will become pretty boring if you do it for the 3rd time since it's still quite a bit long. Even the running after a wipe (on trash...THANKS TAB TARGET!!!!) was fun in some way. But I guess it will be a pain if you do this weekly and you don'T have a solid group which wipes more often.

But I'm glad thy brought it back like this.

Deleted
    Kara was really fun. I think the tuning was fine we wiped on a nightbane and maiden a few times but that's not an issue I think

There will be a lot of people that can't complete Kara for some time.

Very challenging dungeon.

I love it!

Difficulty of the bosses seems really uneven

DPS requirement on Maiden and Curator seems way high compared with the rest of the instance; the other bosses all over pretty easily if the group is remotely competent about the mechanics, but Maiden in particular is pretty rough (especially since it's such an early boss.)

- - - Updated - - -

the only thing I really dislike is the run back when you wipe on the lower half bosses, which is so ridiculously stupid I'm amazed it made it through testing

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    Difficulty of the bosses seems really uneven

DPS requirement on Maiden and Curator seems way high compared with the rest of the instance; the other bosses all over pretty easily if the group is remotely competent about the mechanics, but Maiden in particular is pretty rough (especially since it's such an early boss.)

- - - Updated - - -

the only thing I really dislike is the run back when you wipe on the lower half bosses, which is so ridiculously stupid I'm amazed it made it through testing
    i feel maiden isnt to bad if you properly position circles, curator on the other hand is just a pita

My first clear took about half and hour. Pug Group of 4 855-860alts from ine guild and me. We didnt wipe once.

Today I did Nightbane, again it was guild group looking for last dps. It was 4 attempts until we did it in time. Nightbane is actualy fun and challenging.

Btw New pot is doing great job in mythic time runs.
    Last edited by Aureli; 2016-10-29 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Just completed this about an hour ago. It took about 3-3.5 hours with a group of 865-875 people (mythic raiders guild group). This dungeon is buggy as shit. It's going to be a nightmare to complete if you try this with a pug. We wanted to see how the dungeon went and it wasn't enjoyable for any of us. I don't think I will ever do it again at this point.
    I highly doubt a group of 865-875 mythic raiders took 3-3,5h. If you did, that's just laughable, sorry. I ran it under 1,5h without a clue about any boss and with several wipes.

My group took 3:30m, but we did not rush and I enjoyed the living hell out of the run.

Such a good run (except I play BM and chess is fucking stupid for BM)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Just disappointed that nightbane is locked behind speedrun.
    It makes sense. If you can't beat the speedrun, you won't beat the boss. Really. This just saves 10-20-30 wipes and the frustration they come along with to under-prepared groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    There will be a lot of people that can't complete Kara for some time.

Very challenging dungeon.

I love it!
    And that's what's the worst thing about it. It's Karazhan, an iconic place that everyone wants to experience and many won't be able to. If it was a completely new dungeon, then fine, make it as hard as you want. Not Karazhan. It should be something new and completely optional. For many people, for sentimental reasons alone, Karazhan is not optional and gating it behind Mythics and then making it 10 times harder than any other Mythic dungeon is just wrong.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Only beef about the place is it feels under rewarding for what its tuned for. I mean its a good 5 man. It has great challenge. It shows that you can make 5 mans interesting. In the end though it feels a lot my raid gear got me though it and I understand why people without it feel like it is outside of their progression path.