Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    If character progression is too difficult in a skill* based mmorpg like WoW, let me suggest an alternative for those of you who feel that way : Second Life

*Kind of laugh a bit inside at the thought that WoW is considered difficult by some people.
    It's not that it's difficult. Some people just don't enjoy the hassle of coordinated things with other people to experience the game they enjoy. They just want to lay back and keep working on their character over time and enjoy seeing them grow and get geared.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Are you really comparing a mob with a raid boss? this is so funny and crazy in many levels, anyway, all pve players have the same goals, the difference is that casuals want everything handed to them without doing anything, if you get more gear you are able to do more difficult content and that way you feel you are progressing with your character, since the rewards are better, but hey, they are just so afraid of everything so they will just shout at blizz so they can get good gear for free, no thanks, they must stop being afraid of the "Mythic" word in something and they must get out of their world quests bubble
    No, Im not comparing mobs and raid bosses, Im just saying why they need gear, their motivation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    It's not that it's difficult. Some people just don't enjoy the hassle of coordinated things with other people to experience the game they enjoy. They just want to lay back and keep working on their character over time and enjoy seeing them grow and get geared.
    This has been asked many times over : why play a MMO if you don't want to play with other people? Honestly, I don't get how people justify playing a MMO when they don't want to play the game with other people. The genre of the game explicitly states that you will be playing with other people.

Deleted
    This has been asked many times over : why play a MMO if you don't want to play with other people? Honestly, I don't get how people justify playing a MMO when they don't want to play the game with other people. The genre of the game explicitly states that you will be playing with other people.
    It was explained several times in Wow-singleplayer threads here on mmoc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    It was explained several times in Wow-singleplayer threads here on mmoc.
    I have seen it "explained". It still doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.
    Because casuals as you put it need a way to progress their characters with out better gear there is no point and casuals who also pay to play the game would eventually quit the game in droves if their progression ended at heroic dungeon quality gear. What do you suggest as an alternative and also why do you CARE?

WoW is reward driven. You can dive as deep as you want into matters of who deserves what, but the fact at the end of the day is that people won't play WoW without those rewards. If decent gear stops dropping, then a person stops playing; the whole thing is a giant Skinner box, and it acts like one too.

The question should be "Why do u play WoW and what keeps u playin"?
    And the answer is simple, trivial and the same for all the players: "To get drops, to get loot, to improve equipment".
    If there was no item upgrade, no one would ever play this game more than just a short period of time. And that is for everyone from a casual 1h/day player to a 15h/day hardcore raider no-lifer.

Conclusion: Everyone needs gear! Everyone wants gear! Everyone wants those legs!

If people enjoy a game for reasons you don't understand, that's for you to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Why do you people refuse to retire this retarded af argument? jesus christ.
    The game is PvE. You get PvE gear from raiding. World content is also PvE. The gear you get from PvE is usable in all other PvE situations. Get over your feelings of inadequacy.
    So you want gear just to drop from raids?

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.

Majority of WoW's player base is... dont be shocked now... CASUALS deal with it they pay for the same game you pay for they have a equal right to gear the same way you do, and it's blizzards responsebility to make it available to em, don't like it? quit and find a different game that caters to your "hardcore" mentality you should try Lineage 2 or any other JMMORPG/KMMORPG - my bet is you wont because you reap the rewards of the "casual" yourself.

People like you trigger me it's like you have nothing better to do then bitch and moan about everything blizzard does / or does not do, you have a choice it's called canceling your sub, deal with it or shut up.
    Last edited by Nzo; 2016-10-29 at 09:49 AM.
    Oh hi

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    The way gear drops now is completely fine. I personally dislike the random titanforge upgrade system since it makes shitty people think that they just need to grind base level content to get a lucky proc, rather than do harder content with a higher base itemlevel.

You don't need raid level gear if you don't do anything other than kick nuts and ride su'esh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Majority of WoW's player base is... dont be shocked now... CASUALS deal with it they pay for the same game you pay for they have a equal right to gear the same way you do, and it's blizzards responsebility to make it available to em, don't like it? quit and find a different game that caters to your "hardcore" mentality you should try Lineage 2 or any other JMMORPG/KMMORPG - my bet is you wont because you reap the rewards of the "casual" yourself.

People like you trigger me it's like you have nothing better to do then bitch and moan about everything blizzard does / or does not do, you have a choice it's called canceling your sub, deal with it or shut up.
    Blizz isn't making the best gear available for no effort. You aren't entitled to anything if you don't put in the effort.

Character advancement is fundamental for any mmo, regardless of what people who decide to spend their time in a raid thinks. No idea how it affects your game, that someone is doing WQ's with ilvl 860 without having ever set foot in a dungeon, clearly his luck outskills yours.

for the next casual tier.

Exact same reason mythic raiders raid until the get 880+ ilvl, when the tier is clearable in 865.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    That's not very casual.
    Debatable. None of it is on any fixed schedule. I log on and off as i please. In any event the point was that its not very easy at all. At 850 ilvl gains slow way the fuck down unless youre super lucky or in a heroic raiding guild.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-10-29 at 11:28 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Change this multiplayer game to single-player to suit me!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    The question should be "Why do u play WoW and what keeps u playin"?
    And the answer is simple, trivial and the same for all the players: "To get drops, to get loot, to improve equipment".
    If there was no item upgrade, no one would ever play this game more than just a short period of time. And that is for everyone from a casual 1h/day player to a 15h/day hardcore raider no-lifer.

Conclusion: Everyone needs gear! Everyone wants gear! Everyone wants those legs!
    Nothing stops you getting that gear except yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Gear level is commensurate with difficulty and effort. RNG Titanforging aside, it's pretty well set up now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Character advancement is fundamental for any mmo, regardless of what people who decide to spend their time in a raid thinks. No idea how it affects your game, that someone is doing WQ's with ilvl 860 without having ever set foot in a dungeon, clearly his luck outskills yours.
    lolwhat

lol

what

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Debatable. None of it is on any fixed schedule. I log on and off as i please. In any event the point was that its not very easy at all. At 850 ilvl gains slow way the fuck down unless youre super lucky or in a heroic raiding guild.
    Legion has been out for how long?

And you want to outgear the hardest content in the game before the next tier? 850 is EN N base ilvl.

Work on that impatience a bit.

And playing "almost every day" is not casual by any stretch of the imagination.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-10-29 at 12:49 PM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    The way gear drops now is completely fine. I personally dislike the random titanforge upgrade system since it makes shitty people think that they just need to grind base level content to get a lucky proc, rather than do harder content with a higher base itemlevel.
    Could be that those shitty people don't want to step into organized raiding with obnoxious wankers that think they are shitty people for playing a video game differently from them? Aside from a few people on the forums no one expects raid gear from outside raiding. Hell i just hit 855 with no mythics and only doing LFR. I am pretty happy with that. Given the choice of staying under 860 gear or playing with odious people like you then 855 wins hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Ive played almost everyday since launch. Cleared nornal and regulalry run mythic 2-4 and have completed as high as 5. Im stuck at 858. Yes it can take alot of effort.
    Ya same here but I am ilvl 857, I can't seem to get the trinket's I want to drop ether ffs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Could be that those shitty people don't want to step into organized raiding with obnoxious wankers that think they are shitty people for playing a video game differently from them? Aside from a few people on the forums no one expects raid gear from outside raiding. Hell i just hit 855 with no mythics and only doing LFR. I am pretty happy with that. Given the choice of staying under 860 gear or playing with odious people like you then 855 wins hands down.
    *yawn*

Trust and believe I don't want to play with you either. Btw, how is that versatility going?

Same reason anybody else does: Because gear is the only relevant form of character progression in the game.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.