Deleted

Mythic Dragons positioning?

Hello, I have some questions about positioning on Mythic Dragons of Nightmare.

With the way we currently place our dragons the left side has very little space to work with compared to the right, this is annoying especially with Volatile Rot and the fogs.

How do you guys position this side? Video example would be very welcome because my English isn't the greatest.

Also we try to stack up for every Shadow Burst (excluding rot targets) so shadow priests can mass dispel it but logs I've checked don't really do this, it feels kind of messy to me too so I'd like to hear how people handle that too.

Thanks in advance.

Go on the other side of the dragons (opposite entrance). The walls curve so you have much more space there.

We never stacked up for Shadow Bursts, healers dispelled those as far as I remember with our spriest helping out on the root dispels. 6 healed it for an easier time as there are no meaningful dps checks.

Not going to link our video as we did pretty much everything wrong on the kill though including one tank sleeping for 30 seconds :P

We places the left Dragon a little more tho the 30% Portal Feralas.
    So you have a little more space, but you have to know, when the last Dragon is landing.
    So we have to start with ysondre on the right side, so at 40% the Dragon on the left, is the one who fyes away and the other lands there in the group.

Otherwise, how Summer saied, use the other site from the dragon. But you have to sitch with the hole group, not only a part, otherwise your healers have Problems ;-)

So long
    Tuut

Deleted
    Thanks for the pointers so far, bumping this if anyone has any other tips, clouds + volatile rot damage seem to be the biggest issues so far but that's mostly because people are so scared to spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbob View Post
    Thanks for the pointers so far, bumping this if anyone has any other tips, clouds + volatile rot damage seem to be the biggest issues so far but that's mostly because people are so scared to spread out.
    For clouds once there are too many (we usually go at 4-5 depending on flowers up) go to the other side of the dragon. As far as volatiles, you need to really make use of the room. There is plenty of space, just make sure volatiles get priority on wherever they're standing and if you're still having issues make people use their mics. This fight is pretty much all about positioning and if people can't do it through common sense they better just speak up.

Last week we killed this boss kinda easily. This week, it was complete disaster... We spent 2 hours there and could not manage to kill em. The main issue was, that people were getting 10 debuffs and got stunned from it - and it is with exactly same positioning as we had last time - I dragons near entrance, 1 near the bridge over the water on the opposite side. Maybe our tanks were doing something wrong - could anyone who killed it easily this week tell me exactly how the tanking should be handled on dragons? Most of the time I am inside the portals, so I have not much overview what the heck is going on outside... Thanks in advance.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbob View Post
    Any boss mod should mark Volatile Infections and you shouldn't be getting more than two waves. Not to mention that you should spreading anyway or you'll chain roots and waste a ton of mana on extra dispels.

Also, if you don't do it already, use six healers. Makes it much smoother and easier. One of the sides will be taking more damage (probably the ones who start with Emeriss, since they'll have full Ysondre stacks during phase change), send three healers there, two on the other and one handles the portals. Shadow Burst isn't that important, except for Infection targets. Dispel it "if you have time", instead of grouping. It can help if you have Shadow Priests, sure, but it's far from necessary and you risk messing up other mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Last week we killed this boss kinda easily. This week, it was complete disaster... We spent 2 hours there and could not manage to kill em. The main issue was, that people were getting 10 debuffs and got stunned from it - and it is with exactly same positioning as we had last time - I dragons near entrance, 1 near the bridge over the water on the opposite side. Maybe our tanks were doing something wrong - could anyone who killed it easily this week tell me exactly how the tanking should be handled on dragons? Most of the time I am inside the portals, so I have not much overview what the heck is going on outside... Thanks in advance.
    Thing you need to remember is if a dragon flies off his stacks disappear, while ysondre stacks still tick on the other side. The side that has ysondre stacks about to expire needs to call when they're ready to swap, if the other side is ready earlier and initiates early switch, it will stun the first half.

Actually when you improve on the fight it makes it a bit harder because phases and portals are coming faster as they're tied to boss hp.