Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    just woke up dreaming I have played female vrykul. self condemned to hype I'm and sad because of it :-( perfect warrior and dk race

Has this happened yet? Vrykul and Nightborne have the best storylines this expansion. Vrykul for Horde, Nightborne for Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul for Alliance makes more sense than for Horde. I'd be fine with them being another neutral race, but I'd rather have two new races, one for each faction, than another neutral. If we got vrykul one expansion, I'd love to have ogres or furbolg for Horde. Maybe with the Dream restored and the bear gods revived, all the corrupted furbolg tribes (which is like most of them) will thrive again and one could join the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Vrykul hate humans. They find them weak and unworthy, which is why they cast them out ages ago. Why would they then side with them? It would make better sense for them to side with the Horde, so they can continue their Hunan-hating mentality.
    Vrykul traditionally hate anything weaker than themselves, and think that pretty much everyone who isn't a vrykul is weaker than themselves. Some vrykul might have a special hatred for humans given their shared history, but humans wouldn't exist at all without vrykul compassion sparing them from culling.

Since Northrend we've encountered vrykul who don't share the same values of their northern kin. The Stormheim vrykul are different - they're closer to the values that the Titanforged like Tyr shared with them. The lore being the vrykul-related artifacts like Truthguard shows that there are vrykul who value courage and defending the weak rather than conquest and slavery. The valarjar are vrkul who prove themselves valorous, and what's more valorous than defending the weak? To say nothing of the fact that they follow Odyn and Odyn has acknowledged non-vrykul as worthy.

If a playable faction of vrykul were introduced, it's likely that they would be a new faction, not one we've previously encountered. There would be room there to change their values to be more friendly towards humans because of their shared history. Maybe vrykul who were truly devoted to Tyr, who followed him to the lands of the Eastern Kingdoms and went into stasis like the vrykul of Northrend.

Certainly, there's much more linking the vrykul and the humans together than the vrykul and anyone in the Horde. The common ancestry is more likely to be a basis for a shared understanding than anything that divides them, and is a lot more likely to be the case than sticking the vrykul with the Horde just because they're the only other faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You should read the comment @Alanar made above. They have more of a connection with the Horde.
    I've read them. I don't agree that they constitute a better connection with the Horde. Sylvannas' efforts to enslave the source of the val'kyr in Stormheim are more likely to be something that drives the vrykul away from the Horde than towards them. Again, particularly if the playable faction is a new faction that is more chivalrous and has closer ties to the Titanforged, and has less of a death-worshiping mindset than Northrend vrykul.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Sylvannas' efforts to enslave the source of the val'kyr in Stormheim are more likely to be something that drives the vrykul away from the Horde than towards them.
    Agreed with both this and your previous post. I'm not sure what the aversion is to the Kvaldir, but they're much more of a fit for the Horde. Not only undead, but will be lacking for a 'leader' once Helya is defeated (in theory). I've always liked the Kvaldir and they're vrykul just in a blue/green color scheme, which some (like myself) could argue is cooler. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Not all Vrykrul hate humans, that certain brand is reserved for ymirons faction from much much more than 10,000 years ago. We have multiple factions like the valajar, etc.

Lets not forget the Kvaldir mentioned above. Someone has to replace the powergap that Helya left behind.

7+ Year Old Account
    if you want vrykul on horde instead of ogres, this faction means nothing to you

undeads and sylvannas pretty much push vyrkul away with their actions both on LK time on northrend and on stormheim now, its easy to see the vrykul accepting help from the alliance to get Howling Fjord back, or some other story, also, vrykul would bring savagery and brutality to alliance side, change things you know, like blood elves did to horde, im sick of alliance white warriors of light and the greater good, i would finally play on ally side ( and i doubt only me thinks like this)

and finally add ogres to horde, is damn about time to blizz do it

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The vrykul look way to much like playable humans, I think they fit better as a sub-race. Just like high elves would fit better as a sub-race for blood elves, another highly requested race.
    Why do people want a third race of elves?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    They can't. They wouldn't actually fit into doorways. You'd have to live with major clipping issues that many gamers would criticize the game for. That's why they don't even give you a toy to transform into a Vrykul. There's the trinket Deathbringer's Will that has chance to proc you a Vrykul costume but it only has a chance to proc on attack and only lasts 30 seconds so the clipping issue is minimized greatly.
    There's a toy that turns you into a naga, now that had major clipping issues.

Deleted
    would love to get vrykuless soon. holding fingers for blizzcon announcement 'subraces in the next 2 patches!!!' yaaay vrykul lady all the way to valhalla!

Vrykul are more than likely going to be a playable race, and not a subrace, heres why:

Their recent lore suggests they dont take a side in this war, thus, a new Neutral Race:

Vrykul seemingly frowned upon both the Worgen and Forsaken actions deeming them dishonorable, but despite this, this is only one tribe of Vrykul and its probable there are many smaller isles between broken shores and Northrend that could serve as a port or mooring area for a Vrykul starting ground with some fresh lore, we dont have any indication of Vrykul having ties to Aesir or Vanir yet in Wow's equivilent so maybe that will be a thing.

They already have Nude Models:

As of Legion, they are the *only* NPC race that actually has a model without clothing, a HD version infact which is very tailored to their races.

They're also the only race that can equip every type of armor in the game.

They are the Ancestors of Humanity, NOT, Humans:

Vrykul culture is radically different from humans, they're strong, firm, physically powerful, come from very tribal, nomadic societies and unlike the more civilised humanity, they retain a strong sense of traditional hunting, gathering, conquering values.

Either way, its more than likley they will be the next playable race, possibly along side a new Ogre/High Elf playable option.

While vrykul are cool and all, I don't think they'll ever add them as a playable race. Of course, I would welcome them if they were added, but they don't like the Alliance and I doubt they like the Horde. Both factions seemed to have disliked them. I think they're keen on staying strictly neutral, even they they're helping us and vice versa.

The most I could see them doing is when Blizzard adds more customization or "subraces", they could add vrykul features for humans or retcon a "subrace" of humans into surviving Arathi who would have vrykul features.

I have this feeling that next expansion is going to be the "sub race" expansion. Vrykul can be chosen as a human subrace.

Highborne for Night Elf (for lore reasons).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Vrykul are more than likely going to be a playable race, and not a subrace, heres why:

Their recent lore suggests they dont take a side in this war, thus, a new Neutral Race:
    this could be easy fixed, with an event, like goblins are neutral too, but with the events of cataclysm they ( one cartel) joined fully the horde

They are the Ancestors of Humanity, NOT, Humans:

Vrykul culture is radically different from humans, they're strong, firm, physically powerful, come from very tribal, nomadic societies and unlike the more civilised humanity, they retain a strong sense of traditional hunting, gathering, conquering values.
    and thats way they could enrich the alliance Lore

Either way, its more than likley they will be the next playable race, possibly along side a new Ogre/High Elf playable option.
    if they dont put high elf yet, i doubt they will put in the future, but anyway, Ogres (H) and Vrykul (A) would be a win/win scenario, with the best races not playable yet, who can fits easy from the factions in the gameplay and lore side

As much as I love vrykul, I feel like the boat has sailed for them being a playable race. It's something that should've been at Legion launch unless the next expansion is also going to feature them heavily. Ogres, should've happened in WoD if they were going to happen. Plus, frankly, worgen & goblins need an update before a new race is added.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    As much as I love vrykul, I feel like the boat has sailed for them being a playable race. It's something that should've been at Legion launch unless the next expansion is also going to feature them heavily. Ogres, should've happened in WoD if they were going to happen. Plus, frankly, worgen & goblins need an update before a new race is added.
    the vrykul from legion are culturaly different from the northrend, even if we not get the stormheim vrykul as playable, we can get the others

sames for ogres, the WoD ogres are from alternative draenor, and the playable ones must be from our azeroth.

Also, we can get playable races AND the update for goblins and worgens, there is no reason to chose only one

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Also, we can get playable races AND the update for goblins and worgens, there is no reason to chose only one
    I'd love to believe that's true, but I'm skeptical. Especially after the update to the other races was arguably half-assed. Seems like when you have the art department working on too much the details suffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    They can be DK (see WoTLK), they can be Priest (a lot of runic healers in their rank), they can ben Mage (a lot of mages or runic casters in their rank), they can be Warlocks (in Legion a lot of them are attuned in summoning demons), they can be Monk (see the Monk class order, they have a female vrykul monk champion).....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    The rule of rogue is: if they don't have hoofs, they can stealth!
    None of this information means anything. Why, you ask?

Tauren Rogues are in the game, small band of them in Mulgor that you encounter while leveling up a Tauren. They have stealth AND hooves. Yet Tauren Rogues are not a playable class/race option.

So just because NPC's have the ability to do things, it does not mean players will ever be able to do them.

I think WoW has enough races. I think it's long over due for Blizzard to work on a new game to replace WoW with. The only good that comes from adding new classes or races is a short lived "flavor of the month" type lifespan for the players that decide to try out the "new shiny".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I think logically, the next expansion will deal heavily with N'Zoth. The Vrykul from Northrend were corrupted by the old gods, so it'd make sense that they'll feature heavily in at least a forthcoming expansion.

The Vrykul from Stormheim are heavily influenced by the old gods or by Odyn, so there should definitely be a faction of Vrykul that would align with the horde and alliance.

I'd personally like to see the Vrykul join Alliance and the Kvaldir join Horde.

Deleted
    thanks to this thread I have discovered that yes, really vrykul have underwear models and that armors fit them. if it is not a sign that they will become playable then I don't know what is. I mean, that female vrykul body is nice. can't find male one in underwear tho.

personally I would like Blizzard to take more serious approach to their story telling, I think it would fit xcellently if they were to join us duing some patch during legion, as persuaded and no longer neutral. or maybe some other tribe could learn about legion and come here to fight it, you know for the sake of glory, big bad fel guys = nice trophy and stories to tell.