Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    The last two expansions for ToR have been largely solo and small group content. There hasn't been a new raid in years to my understanding.
    ToR was always about solo game, and it felt like a solid single player game w/ mandatory internet connection. People mostly played it to see main storyline, cuz it's quite well written, anything else was quite meh... But at this point ToR is as relevant as WildStar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Actually FFXIV is my example, I am in a RP FC and still can easily get into story content raids without the BS
    Why don't you stick w/ FFXIV then? It's a solid game w/ relatively healthy community.

I mean, it's possible to queue for "normals" in there, cuz it's that way since day one, sorta... That's why community is used to such "difficulty" in queueable content.

I used quotes, cuz it's not really difficult, but it's more challenging than LFR in WoW. However, there are different expectations from queueable content in WoW, that's why we can't have queueable normal raids (or M0 dungs in this case) in WoW.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-10-29 at 05:23 PM.

Or even raid...

90% of 7.1 is Mythic and Raid content and though I don't begrudge Blizzard adding content for Mythics and Raids but I worry they may be overestimating the numbers that actually do this regular. Now I know a number will say "If you don't like raiding then quit" and granted I imagine many well but that attitude will just cause massive sub drops and less $ for content
    Since you have some secret insight into this over estimation I'll happily wait for you to share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    This. Feedback is one thing but knowing how many people are doing Mythics is certainly something they know.

I mean, they've posted statistics like "this specific roaming elite has killed this exact number of players since Legion launched", I think they can tell how many people have run Mythic dungeons how many times.
    Well put it this way.... my guild has a spreadsheet that keeps track of exactly how many mythics every player in the guild has done and exactly what level keystone each of them was done with.. If my 1 night a week raid guild can get this info on its own players (presumably just from armory data) then Blizzard can obviously get it for the entire player base.

Also it's 1 dungeon and a very small raid both of which use a lot of existing resources from elsewhere in the game. All 3 raid boss models were already in game. Half of the Kara raid was in the game in some form. There is a lot in the patch beyond this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    The only thing Blizzard can overestimate is how many people actually want to do forced group content.
    Considering it is an MMO and not a solo player game near everything is set up for group content. You do know one can do nearly everyThing in a group and doing so makes it easier? Even stuff like questing and world quests. If you choose to make it a solo player game that is your choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I remember the outcry, and that's why I'm saying what I'm saying. Blizz learnt from Cata, and that's why M0s aren't queueable.

If Blizz had to make them queueable, they'd have to nerf them, but that's a waste of time/resources, cuz, IMHO, "natural nerf" will happen much faster, even really bad players will outgear M0s quite soon, and will be able to roflstomp through them.
    Agreed. What is wrong not chain pulling thru a dungeon anyway? I like it being a bit challenging that gets easier with gear and experience. Chain pulling thru dungeons bores me.

Or even raid...

90% of 7.1 is Mythic and Raid content and though I don't begrudge Blizzard adding content for Mythics and Raids but I worry they may be overestimating the numbers that actually do this regular. Now I know a number will say "If you don't like raiding then quit" and granted I imagine many well but that attitude will just cause massive sub drops and less $ for content
    I guess you missed the shit loads of solo content with Falcosaurs, Dr Weevil, further Suramar campaign, etc?

90% mythic and raid content... lol.

I think you're stretching what an MMO is... Many other MMORPGs allow people to experience content with a small group of friends. What you're suggesting is either leave my guild of friends and join a guild of strangers for Mythics or not experience the expansions story and content whatsoever? Why should I now after 11 years suddenly need to change. If you genuinely believe that's good design then we'll never agree

- - - Updated - - -

I already said I play with people
    What is the point of playing a MMO then? Might as well play call of duty or something like it if interacting with others bothers you. Who said you had to leave your guild or friends? You can't talk to anyone or do anything with anyone else but your guild or friends?
    Either you are fine and happy with the way it is now and don't want to change anything or you get proactive and talk/interact with more people that is entirely up to you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    No, it really isn't.

The 'point', if there is one, is to enjoy your time in game. If you do that by playing with other people, great. If you do that by playing alone, also great.
    Then one is cutting themselves off from a lot of content raids,dungeons , battle grounds and areneas that all have one interacting with other players and have been end game for most if not all MMo's forever and specially this one

Deleted
    ToR was always about solo game, and it felt like a solid single player game w/ mandatory internet connection. People mostly played it to see main storyline, cuz it's quite well written, anything else was quite meh... But at this point ToR is as relevant as WildStar.

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you stick w/ FFXIV then? It's a solid game w/ relatively healthy community.

I mean, it's possible to queue for "normals" in there, cuz it's that way since day one, sorta... That's why community is used to such "difficulty" in queueable content.

I used quotes, cuz it's not really difficult, but it's more challenging than LFR in WoW. However, there are different expectations from queueable content in WoW, that's why we can't have queueable normal raids (or M0 dungs in this case) in WoW.
    I play both WoW and FFXIV

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I guess you missed the shit loads of solo content with Falcosaurs, Dr Weevil, further Suramar campaign, etc?

90% mythic and raid content... lol.
    4 WQs, 1 elite and a story locked behind reputation - yeah that's 10%

10+ Year Old Account
    They spent a long time trying to please everyone and it lost them over half their sub base because they stretched too thin. Hopefully they'll focus more on making the content they want to, and the content they think will make the game great again instead of peddling half arsed crap for everyone to not enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Or even raid...

It's because Blizzard doesn't know how to manage their resources. They don't realize that the majority of people play their game play it for the world and not for the enclosed scripted boss fights.

They get confused because the most vocal players are the ones demanding "harder content" even though the game at its maximum difficulty is harder than its ever been. Its a clusterfuck, generally speaking.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Or even raid...

no they just underestimated loot for such a hell hold. It should be 880 item lvl min...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    They spent a long time trying to please everyone and it lost them over half their sub base because they stretched too thin. Hopefully they'll focus more on making the content they want to, and the content they think will make the game great again instead of peddling half arsed crap for everyone to not enjoy.
    Oh please. They never cared about "appeasing everyone", that's a load of bullshit. They have never been "stretched too thin" because that would require their content to stretch farther than "raids and daily hubs". The last time Blizzard released a patch that appeased everyone was before the raid craze took over in WotLk.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    What is the point of playing a MMO then? Might as well play call of duty or something like it if interacting with others bothers you. Who said you had to leave your guild or friends? You can't talk to anyone or do anything with anyone else but your guild or friends?
    Either you are fine and happy with the way it is now and don't want to change anything or you get proactive and talk/interact with more people that is entirely up to you
    We're going around in circles

I have no issue playing with people my issue is playing with cunts which unfortunately dominate the group finder and put people off. Your solution was play with friends and guild, I already said they aren't really into Mythics. Where exactly am I supposed to find people outside of my guild but LFG?

I play both WoW and FFXIV
    That's why I'm suggesting to drop WoW

WoW and FFXIV will never provide same gaming experience, moreover they shouldn't T_T

I, for instance, prefer WoW over FFXIV, I spent quite a lot of time in FFXIV, but quit it soon after heavensward release, I'll come back for Stormblood though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You can reach 60 without doing them. You would just be gated by a hella lot of story.
    And content, because the story quest unlocks dungeons and some raids.

I have no issue playing with people my issue is playing with cunts which unfortunately dominate the group finder and put people off. Your solution was play with friends and guild, I already said they aren't really into Mythics. Where exactly am I supposed to find people outside of my guild but LFG?
    At the same place where you found your guild, you socially awkward person you. You just expand your search to a slightly higher "skilllevel"/content interest which is still the bottom, but not rock bottom... so their attitude towards players or their expectations shouldn't be much different.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-29 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    That's why I'm suggesting to drop WoW

WoW and FFXIV will never provide same gaming experience, moreover they shouldn't T_T

I, for instance, prefer WoW over FFXIV, I spent quite a lot of time in FFXIV, but quit it soon after heavensward release, I'll come back for Stormblood though
    Because I still enjoy WoW atm, if 7.2 just adds Mythic stuff then i'll play FFXIV more. That doesn't really give Blizzard much hope though if their attitude is play something else. Then again perhaps Blizzard is pushing WoW into a more niche market, it's not like they can't milk other IPs now

Or even raid...

I think they overestimated the number of people who would be willing to do Mythic. The problem is once you make something easier (which the LFR/LFG system did) it's nearly impossible to go back on it without facing some repercussions/pushback/negative feeligns. The casual mainly solo players have gotten use to and come to expect they can just queue for all the content because they've been able to do that for the last 6 or so years. If Kara can't get people do Mythic, nothing will so I'm sure Blizz will look at the numbers in a couple months and see if they are where they wanted them to be. I still hope that after 6 months or after Nighthold opens the either Heroic versions of the Mythic dungeons open so you can queue for them, or Mythic (but not Mythic+) becomes queueable

I don't know trade chat? Talk to some people that you think are good and pleasant in lfr or lfd. While you do world quests. Plenty of other people out there you just have to choose to interact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    And content, because the story quest unlocks dungeons and some raids.

At the same place where you found your guild, you socially awkward person you. You just expand your search to a slightly higher "skilllevel"/content interest which is still the bottom, but not rock bottom... so their attitude towards players or their expectations shouldn't be much different.
    I met my guild through searching RP guilds and i'm pretty sure WoW doesn't have lonley ads "Single warlock looking for Mythic buddies, must like Terry Prachett"

Deleted
    It has, it's called the groupfinder.

Or trade chat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    I don't know trade chat? Talk to some people that you think are good and pleasant in lfr or lfd. While you do world quests. Plenty of other people out there you just have to choose to interact.
    When was the last time you tried talking to random people in WoW? People have a tendency to do their thing and ignore whispers