Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It is really rare that you need to hold off on Barrage in a meaningful fashion. I do a retarded number of Mythic+ a day at the moment, mostly level 5-8 and with Teeming this week, and I almost never hold back due to fear of ninjapulling.

Set your nameplate draw/load distance to whatever your max range is (and add one or two yards). Now just think about it like "If I can't see the nameplate, Barrage won't hit it" and that actually works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    /run SetCvar("nameplateMaxDistance", INSERTNUMBERHERE)
    In ElvUI it's under NamePlates - General Options - Load Distance.

This little advice should make it into the guide imo, it really enhanced my dungeon experience.
    Last edited by Sol77; 2016-10-29 at 09:49 AM.

Something not too many people are aware of: the 875+ chest pieces from nightbane increase the procs of all Kara trinkets by 30% (or 33?). To be sure, any item with the flavor text "Marked with a raven silhouette." Is buffed. Pretty sure this is only for trinkets but idk. This seems to buff everything OTHER THAN the passive stats on a trinket.

Deleted
    Is it 30% proc rate or dmg or both?

Damage, or proc rating (ex crit) depending on the trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Any information on how good Ring of Collapsing Futures is?

Each time you use the shadow damage ring you get 1 stack of a debuff. Each debuff increases the chance of the ring becoming unusable for the next 5 minutes. The debuff is only 30 seconds long, so perhaps the intended way of using it involves one use per 30 seconds, until the very end of the fight where you would use it before the boss dies regardless of the debuff.
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2016-10-29 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Encenoa View Post
    I got an 875 version of this yesterday, hits for about 47000 non-crit. It puts a stacking 30s debuff on you that increases the chance that the ring goes on a 5 minute cooldown instead of 15s, so to use it optimally you might not want to just macro it into all of your abilities. I'll test it out in raids next week, but given how little damage it does I'm not sure it's really worth paying much attention to.

Also got the flame wreath trinket, it does quite a bit of damage, especially in aoe fights.
    Last edited by sleepingforest; 2016-10-29 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Encenoa View Post
    Used every 30 seconds to avoid the 5 min CD it did 0.67% of my damage on heroic Ursoc this week. Given that it's off the GCD it's very easy to use, it's free damage, but it's still very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    Used every 30 seconds to avoid the 5 min CD it did 0.67% of my damage on heroic Ursoc this week. Given that it's off the GCD it's very easy to use, it's free damage, but it's still very little.

Yeah, I would just bind it to an ability with a 30s+ CD and forget about it. It's a nice bonus, but I wouldn't equip the ring over something with better stats for it, unless they were very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Yeah, I would just bind it to an ability with a 30s+ CD and forget about it. It's a nice bonus, but I wouldn't equip the ring over something with better stats for it, unless they were very close.
    Realistically crows would be the best if you're using them, I guess. Every other hunter CD is either sub 30 sec or +2 min.

Realistically crows would be the best if you're using them, I guess. Every other hunter CD is either sub 30 sec or +2 min.
    I think that's best for Marks, yeah. BM should be fine with BW- it's almost always under a minute CD with the reduction from DB, and you get a slight bump in the ring's damage by having BW up anytime you'd be using it.

The on-use of the ring is worth about the same as a socket would be.

The prevailing theory is that each stack is 10% chance. So it would make sense to use it every 15 seconds until 5 stacks, then holding off for 30 seconds (since you are then never statistically likely to trigger the 5min CD from any one usage), but I am sure there's some high-level math involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    The on-use of the ring is worth about the same as a socket would be.

The prevailing theory is that each stack is 10% chance. So it would make sense to use it every 15 seconds until 5 stacks, then holding off for 30 seconds (since you are then never statistically likely to trigger the 5min CD from any one usage), but I am sure there's some high-level math involved.
    Probably very high level math, and anecdote time, I've found it better to usually not go over 2 stacks. For some reason in world and dungeon usage I can get it safely to 4-5 stacks, yet in m+ and raids it seems to proc the 5 min CD nearer 3-4. Again, purely anecdotal and personal findings, but it seems like there is a higher chance to incur a CD for certain content. It's happened so many times to me with 3 stacks in raids I don't go over 2 anymore.

You're missing your tinfoil hat there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrol View Post
    You're missing your tinfoil hat there.
    Nope, just posting anecdotal evidence and personal experience. As I mentioned in the post. Until I hit raids I was getting up to 5 stacks consistently and still do out in the world, go into raids and I get the cd going onto 4 stacks and commonly even 3, hence why I stated I use it twice and then let the 30 second debuff wear off, rinse and repeat.
    Also with basic math, I figured each stack was roughly 15-20% as I've personally never gotten past 6 in any setting.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-10-30 at 12:12 AM.

The max possible stack is 10 (as per spell data), therefore it makes sense for each stack to be 10% as 10 stacks would then be a guaranteed failure.

eapoe, thats not how probability works.

after you use at 3 stacks, theres already a roughly 50% chance that you would have triggered the 5 minute cooldown.

90% chance to get past the first stack, 72% to get past the 2nd, 50.4% to get past the 3rd. 30.24% chance to get past 4. 15.12% to get past 5. 6.048% to get past 6 stacks. 1.825% chance to get past 7 stacks. 0.365% to get past 8 stacks. .0365% to get past 9 stacks and then 0% to get past 10.
    Last edited by Arrol; 2016-10-30 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrol View Post
    eapoe, thats not how probability works.

after you use at 3 stacks, theres already a roughly 50% chance that you would have triggered the 5 minute cooldown.

90% chance to get past the first stack, 72% to get past the 2nd, 50.4% to get past the 3rd. 30.24% chance to get past 4. 15.12% to get past 5. 6.048% to get past 6 stacks. 1.825% chance to get past 7 stacks. 0.365% to get past 8 stacks. .0365% to get past 9 stacks and then 0% to get past 10.
    And you are absolutely sure it's a multiplicative stack and not additive? Because additive would have it at 90%,80%,70%,60%, and so on. Additive seems more likely when you start seeing people getting upwards of 6 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    And you are absolutely sure it's a multiplicative stack and not additive? Because additive would have it at 90%,80%,70%,60%, and so on. Additive seems more likely when you start seeing people getting upwards of 6 stacks.
    That's... Not how math works. The stacks ARE additive. He's not suggesting they're multiplicative. If the chance goes up additively (by ADDING 10% every stack), your numbers are right for the *current application*. This is true.
    You, however, are not factoring in the PREVIOUS uses as Arrol is. To break it down:

0 Stack = 100% chance.
    1 Stack = 90% chance.
    2 stack = 80% chance.
    3 stack = 70% chance.

With us so far, yes? So, you fire off 1 shot at 100%, 1 at 90%, and 1 at 80%. First shot has 100% chance. Second shot has 90% chance. THIRD has 90%*80% chance to not trigger - so 72%. FOURTH use has a 90%*80%*70%, or 50.4% chance to not trigger the cooldown.

As you can see, there's nothing "multiplicative" going on here - it's the simple fact that your previous shots still count for an overall picture of "How much can I push it without triggering the CD".

FOURTH use has a 90%*80%*70%, or 50.4% chance to not trigger the cooldown.
    Whatever you do don't go to Vegas. If it's a 40% chance to trigger, it's a 40% chance to trigger.