Page 1 of 2
LastLast

In search of good Resto raid frames

I have a confession...I've been healing using the default party/raid frames..

They are alright - much much better than they used to be. I am using mouseover macros along with them, but they have serious limitations -

---only shows 3 buffs max, but Resto can do much, much more than that - 2 Rejuvs + Wild Growth is already at the limit. You can also have Cultivation, Regrowth HoT, Cenarion Ward, Stonebark, and Lifebloom, among other things.

---Not really that customizable - I prefer my 5 man bars horizontal, but the defaults seem to only be vertical

I also plan on getting ElvUI tomorrow as my UI in general is a mess. Does ElvUI come with stock servicable raid frames? If not, how about Grid, VuhDo, or others? I've heard good things from all of them.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Vuhdo, the options might seem overwhelming, but it is a fantastic, and basically 100% customizable raid frames.

This is an old screenshot, but you can see the different coloured squares in the healer bars, they are for different hots, you can set it to the icon if you prefer, can change the shape, colour etc, how debuffs are displayed. The list goes on.

Last edited by Willfox; 2016-10-30 at 04:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I echo vuhdo. It's what I use and synergizes well with our mobility

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Deleted
    Grid/Vuhdo both good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    I also plan on getting ElvUI tomorrow as my UI in general is a mess. Does ElvUI come with stock servicable raid frames? If not, how about Grid, VuhDo, or others? I've heard good things from all of them.
    I think Elvui comes with Grid built-in. With their recent upgrade, they added all the resto hots and buffs to the frame so you can even track Germination, Cultivation and Spring Blossoms. You should try using Elvui before you get another addon that does the same thing. Unless you want built-in mouseover healing, it should have everything youre looking for.

i use default everything the only addon i have is gottagofast,dbm,skada and i heal...4/7M atm

People over complicate their UI way too much and i don't understand why I think its an addiction or something to just add new stuff because some of the UIs ive seen theres actually no possible way they can find that better than a less addon filled one.

I naturally have to just tell people to avoid these type of UIs they are a pain in the ass to setup and once updates come up they can fuck up and one problem its all out of synch. Usually peopel only get these type of things because they feel forced to get it because others have it.

Another +1 for VuhDo. There's no reason to use any other healer/raid frame addon, it has everything the others has, and more. ElvUI does come with grid-like raid frames, but they aren't click-to-heal - which means they aren't worth using (two buttons is slower than one, no matter how you swing it).
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-10-30 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Another +1 for VuhDo. There's no reason to use any other healer/raid frame addon, it has everything the others has, and more. ElvUI does come with grid-like raid frames, but they aren't click-to-heal - which means they aren't worth using (two buttons is slower than one, no matter how you swing it).
    I already have mouseover macros for all my heals and combat abilities like battle res, so I'll try the built in grid-like frames from ElvUI before I decide.

Thanks all!!

original grid 4 lyfe

vuhdo is also good though

really either will do what you need, just need to get comfortable with configuring them

Anything that any other raid frames can do, Vuhdo can do better. The trick is finding out how, because the UI is an enormous mess. But it can do a whole bunch of things you didn't even know you wanted. If you're willing to spend an hour or two tweaking it, you'll never want to use any other raid frames again.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    i use default everything the only addon i have is gottagofast,dbm,skada and i heal...4/7M atm

People over complicate their UI way too much and i don't understand why I think its an addiction or something to just add new stuff because some of the UIs ive seen theres actually no possible way they can find that better than a less addon filled one.

I naturally have to just tell people to avoid these type of UIs they are a pain in the ass to setup and once updates come up they can fuck up and one problem its all out of synch. Usually peopel only get these type of things because they feel forced to get it because others have it.
    Exactly this. The only thing I don't like with the stock UI is are the Unitframes (Player/Target and Target Target) which I replaced. ElveUI is so full of stuff 99% of Players will never use.

Deleted
    I use TukUI. I like it a lot (obviously..)

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Grid/Vuhdo both good
    Grid is very lackluster for a HoT healer. Works fine if you have almost no HoTs or buffs to keep track of though!

+1 for VuhDo and I'll even give you my export if you'd like!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Grid is very lackluster for a HoT healer. Works fine if you have almost no HoTs or buffs to keep track of though!

+1 for VuhDo and I'll even give you my export if you'd like!
    Yes please! ������

... it's too long to post. Trying to find a way to post it to you now lol.

Edit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Best way I can figure this shit out lol. It's 16 pages long >_>;

If you'd like to edit anything in that setup, don't hesitate to ask!
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-10-31 at 06:56 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Vuhdo is a good choice. But they are all honestly the same thing with different option menus these days. Even the default is good enough although fewer options. In the end it's more about look and feel while also being comfortable with the setup. This can vary a good bit person to person.

I use VuhDo but I know a bunch of healers that swear by Grid. Both are great. If you want to switch, I recommend switching to whatever your other team members are using, simply so that you can help each other with settings. Like when you need to make changes in the middle of a raid session so you can track a certain debuff precisely.

Something I really like VuhDo for is that it has it's own built-in mouseover functions. This allows me to set up mouseover key binds that only affect VuhDo, and I can key bind other spells that are cast when my mouse is not hovered over VuhDo. So, for example, when I hover over a raid member in the frame, and press 5 on my Razer Naga, I cast Regrowth on them. If I'm not hovering over the frame and press 5, I cast Moonfire. It allows a very dynamic play style, especially with different druid shapeshift forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrrim View Post
    I use VuhDo but I know a bunch of healers that swear by Grid. Both are great. If you want to switch, I recommend switching to whatever your other team members are using, simply so that you can help each other with settings. Like when you need to make changes in the middle of a raid session so you can track a certain debuff precisely.
    I'd swear by Grid+Clique myself, IF it had a bit more customization for HoTs/(De)buffs. By Elune, it is so bad for that, and I've used Grid for years (though I didn't play as a Druid healer seriously and was a Mage at the time).

Again, it's good, but it's way worse than more customizable ones like VuhDo where I can comfortably fit 6 buffs/HoTs onto each player and see all 6 of them. Grid I get 1 timed buff/Hot TOPS. I can fit a few more in the corner but it's a tiny little square with no timer on it. That really doesn't help me when 99% of my heals involve HoTs/buffs and this raid has a ton of debuffs to keep track of which replace the timer wheel.

shiiat am I the only one rocking healbot? been using it since vanilla. love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    shiiat am I the only one rocking healbot? been using it since vanilla. love it.
    When I was still using Grid a few months ago, I looked at both HB and VD, and simply chose VuhDo for the long term when I decide to "git gud" at it since it's way more customizable, so I never really gave HB a fair chance. One of our Shaman healers has used it herself for a long time though!