Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Ret, WW or DK for solo queue?

Which melee do you find the best suited for solo queue (random BGs and stuff like that)? I'm mainly choosing between Ret and WW, since they say DK's selfhealing gutted and thus they're reliant on their pocket healers, but I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Thanks.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

All x3 of your choices are excellent choices for solo queue .. WW having the greatest mobility and the least tanky and DK having the least mobility and can spec into being more tanky .. Retr is in-between .. Plate and has strong CD's both defensively and offensively ..

It really is down to play style and class fantasy ..

WW. that's what i am rerolling to.

Deleted
    I play WW and it is fun, I'm not really missing anything with this class... except for Effuse, which is like insulting yourself when you cast it (heals for nothing). I'm also mostly playing random BGs, but also have a look at arena statistics:

Since 7.1 WW is also the strongest dps for 3v3, it has the highest representation if you look at 2400+ ratings. Give it time, and they will also gain the highest representation at lower ratings. Not sure what caused this, it's probably the nerfs of the other classes. Check my statements here: http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...400&ladder=3v3

Frost DKs are currently climbing the ladder very very fast... wouldn't be surprised if they make it into the top 3 of dps specs in 3v3 arena, or maybe even rank one (most represented spec at high ratings).

Downside: both of them, WW and FDK are currently very good according to statistics, that means that they may attract the attention of the mighty nerf bat soon...
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2016-10-30 at 10:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks XMD, do you feel there are classes you can't beat 1v1?
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    Thanks XMD, do you feel there are classes you can't beat 1v1?
    Can say this only from a random BG perspective, as I don't have much experience otherwise: Ret Paladins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. And they say Rets are having trouble with ranged since they get kited too easily.

I play Ret as a main, i would suggest for solo que go with WW 1st: great mobility, great burst, great cc and you can always port out if you in trouble. 2nd choice is Ret: great ST dmg/decent defensive but ya range like mages/elem shammies/hunters can kite you 4ever and if you dont have a pillar to LoS it will be very very killing them.

DKs is amazing fun cuz of amount of dmg/snare you can pump out, but DKs have low mobility and low survival hence you will need a healer buddy, but if you do...well you are God like =)

For a solo BG hero, I think Ret still tops it. I'd argue the mobility of Ret is actually less than that of Frost though. Frost DKs put out a lot of damage at the moment, but since this is such a recent development they might get nerfed again. I feel squishy playing my Frost after playing my Ret, but my Ret has better gear more AP/Honor.

I actually also play a WW Monk (I like solo BG hero classes!) and...I'm not sure. It's a lot more work to stay alive, but it feels rewarding. Karma is a biggy here though, if people properly play around this you're definitely squishier than the others. You certainly can't facetank as well as the other two, that should be obvious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    All x3 of your choices are excellent choices for solo queue .. WW having the greatest mobility and the least tanky and DK having the least mobility and can spec into being more tanky .. Retr is in-between .. Plate and has strong CD's both defensively and offensively ..

It really is down to play style and class fantasy ..
    Rets are easily the most tanky with their self heals (LoH too) and 10000 defensive CDs. They also have great burst and the best buff utility.

I'd say DKs have the best burst/overall damage of the 3. They are also great harassers (ranged 60% snare and double DGs).

Monks have the best mobility and I'd say probably the best utility debuff for PvP (2 stuns, snare/root, paralyze, transcendence)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. And they say Rets are having trouble with ranged since they get kited too easily.
    They only get kited by competent Shaman/Mages that know how to dispel BoF.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-10-31 at 10:20 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

They only get kited by competent Shaman/Mages that know how to dispel BoF.
    Dont forget MW/WW, Retso Drood, Feral, Rogues, Hunters, even UH Dks, if these classes do not wish to fight and want to simply run around pillar in a circle, there is nothing Ret can do.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Downside: both of them, WW and FDK are currently very good according to statistics, that means that they may attract the attention of the mighty nerf bat soon...
    Here You go!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Death Knight
    (Frost) Strength in PvP has been reduced by 10%.

Monk
    (Windwalker) Agility has been reduced by 10%.
    (Windwalker) Serenity now increases damage by 25% with the Spiritual Focus artifact trait (was +30%).

I am a menace to my own destiny.

They just nurfed WW and Frost DK so you may want to look at it again ... Does any one know what a 10% reduction to agility means to DPS in PvP setting?

Both WW and Ret are good choices. Burst, mobility, control they both have it to varying degrees. I'd pick whichever you enjoy most out of those. I wouldn't go DK, it's the least independent out of the three.

Deleted
    All three are good currently. DK is only strong because Frost damage is overtuned currently. Other than damage they don't bring much to the table, so everytime damge is undertuned, DKs usually suck. Unholy's main purpose in PvP is Necrotic Strike, which is only worthwile if you have other DDs supporting you. Pressure without NS is pretty low.

Both WW and Ret have good utility outside of just damage. WW is a lot more mobile than Ret. Ret is a bit more tanky. WW has stronger CC, Ret has better group support.

I would say for solo queue WW is currently best because the mobility allows you to do certain BG obectives quite well, like porting around when carrying flags/orbs.

another reason why i would pick WW, is because if you do NOT want to fight, you can escape ANY enemy, if Ret does not want to fight..well you better kill enemies fast then :P. My main is Ret if ppl jump me i have 2 choice 1) Kill Em All 2) Run to the cliff edge and use glide to escape cuz Ret can not escape from any1 on his 2 feet

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    another reason why i would pick WW, is because if you do NOT want to fight, you can escape ANY enemy, if Ret does not want to fight..well you better kill enemies fast then :P. My main is Ret if ppl jump me i have 2 choice 1) Kill Em All 2) Run to the cliff edge and use glide to escape cuz Ret can not escape from any1 on his 2 feet
    Stead covers a good amount of real estate and freedom also is a good tool to close or open gaps .. Its not like a port and a couple of rolls and flying sure but you get to wear plate and destroy the WW if he ever tries to ninja cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Stead covers a good amount of real estate and freedom also is a good tool to close or open gaps .. Its not like a port and a couple of rolls and flying sure but you get to wear plate and destroy the WW if he ever tries to ninja cap!
    steed can still be slowed and 45 sec cd. Freedom can be SS (by mage), dispelled/purged. WW by far is the most mobile class in PvP.

I think a WW has an upper hand when 1v1 vs Ret, since it can reset fights multiple times and just wait for karma/FoF to come off cd.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-11-02 at 04:44 AM.

Which melee do you find the best suited for solo queue (random BGs and stuff like that)? I'm mainly choosing between Ret and WW, since they say DK's selfhealing gutted and thus they're reliant on their pocket healers, but I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Thanks.

Confused why you would ever mention dks after some months of legion, they got nerfed pretty bad as usual too, look at their nerf history since legion hit and their dd specs are nerfed by design due to lack of reliable selfheals in pvp.

The frost dks everywhere right now are just effective with a windwalker and pocket healer, beacause dmg does not mean much if you are out of thin paper and move like a slug. You are save and have much fun if you play unholy for all these random bgs, but only if you play it from afar, what is pretty smart in huge zergs. you can do well, maybe even more so than a ret or ww when it comes to bgs. Because in reality the ret dies shortly after his bubble and the monk must retreat quickly at the frontlines, cause face it, 10-40 dds focusing the next guy at the frontlines is the usual thing that happens in random bgs, as there is no target calling tabbing for the next enemy whoever is closest or whowever is wounded a bit to finish them off quickly.

So due to the nature of how it works, dks are still powerful in bgs as unholy when queing it solo. so is the oh so fragile shadow priest i play the uh dk exactly how i would play my shadowpriest as a range dd not a melee. remember, this is why dks have success and the edge over other melees, other melees are JUST melees doing melee stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    you know in zergs it does not work that way, sure a ww monk can escape, a rogue could do that too, who is my main, but that does not mean its effective or fun, its fail in both areas. A ranged class with instants never needs to escape a zerg.

Talking about 1vs1 sure a ww has proven to be the strongest class during beta alone to the point that nobody wanted to duel it. But then again its just duels, they do not happen that often for most people like random bgs or a quick skirmish, people want their rewards and having a chance doing something at all. Op guy even said random bgs.

I'd say scrap all and play a moonkin.......you know the masterclass that could opt for feral in arenas and duels, too and was the best healer class in the previous 2 expansions.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-11-02 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    you know in zergs it does not work that way, sure a ww monk can escape, a rogue could do that too, who is my main, but that does not mean its effective or fun, its fail in both areas. A ranged class with instants never needs to escape a zerg.

Talking about 1vs1 sure a ww has proven to be the strongest class during beta alone to the point that nobody wanted to duel it. But then again its just duels, they do not happen that often for most people like random bgs or a quick skirmish, people want their rewards and having a chance doing something at all. Op guy even said random bgs.

I'd say scrap all and play a moonkin.......you know the masterclass that could opt for feral in arenas and duels, too and was the best healer class in the previous 2 expansions.
    Zergs? you mean in random BG ? I am sure a monk can escape a zerg does ret, i can pop bubble/ steed and ppl will leave me alone. I was talking mobility wise if 2-3 ppl jump OP, he has better chances escaping if playing WW, WW has a superior mobility to Ret by far in PvP, since no class can slow down MM, unlike Ret whose freedom you can ss/purge/dispell and snare steed.

Fun is all perspective to each is his own, for Ret is most Fun but speaking strictly from PvP pov, WW outshines Ret by far in my opinion, especially when it comes to rated or 1v1.

I wouldnt que moonkin as solo, 2 many classes rape boomies 1v1, DH,Ret,WW,Feral, Enh and others