Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Well, not sure which one is worse - running low level PotD floors to reach max level or following FATE-train to get max level.
    I always do a variety when levelling. Tend to get burnt out just sitting in one thing. PotD, Dungeons, Fates and Leves is what I do a mixture of. Hell I'll even do a guildhest for the small bonus on a new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meanwhile I'm that one person who reads every single ability in the game at least three times
    Not the only one.
    I found DDs spamming with new skills to be overwhelming. On top of that crap died instantly.
    Really bad way of giving a class preview.

Ugh. I know I shouldn't judge an entire class by a handful of players but I find myself wary whenever I enter an instance with a scholar. More often than not they seem to be super lazy expecting their pet to heal through stuff which works in stuff like POTD and Satasha but not so much Nidhogg EX and fights with a lot of unavoidable AoE/heavy damage.

>.>

In other news I made the switch from DRG to MCH as my new main! I initially went from DRG to NIN but the animations for running in combat really didn't sit well with me.

Deleted
    amazing game, so happy i started playing it after reading your feedback guys !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by busy man View Post
    amazing game, so happy i started playing it after reading your feedback guys !!!!
    That's good to hear! It gets even better - the developers take constructive, meaningful feedback into account and so the later patches in the base game improved a lot on the game's weak points...as did the expansion. Stuff like better voice acting, less 'fetch quests' and more story heavy cutscenes/impressive fights. You're in for a treat!

So I complained about not getting the Terra card when I farm Dragons Neck. Beat the battlemaster dude in the Triad Hall first time and get it . As a bonus finally got my Squall card.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So I complained about not getting the Terra card when I farm Dragons Neck. Beat the battlemaster dude in the Triad Hall first time and get it . As a bonus finally got my Squall card.
    Congratulations!

I'm up to 102 cards now...yet the card I really, really want refuses to drop. Regula's card. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Congratulations!

I'm up to 102 cards now...yet the card I really, really want refuses to drop. Regula's card. >.<
    I want some of the plat pack ones but ofc I'll never get to the top for the most packs or Tidus card because of fucking win traders.

Quote Originally Posted by busy man View Post
    Hope you enjoy the journey. There's lots of things to explore and try out, and a pretty epic story to see unfold. If you have questions, feel free to come back and ask anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I hate to say it but Deep Dungeon giving xp was a mistake. 5 different tanks at lvl.60 in the max difficulty dungeons going "i dont have aggro moves i never do class quests just deep dungeon xD" because they spent a day getting to 50 in Deep Dungeon and naturally never learnt to tank or to use tanking moves.

and its not just tanks, when you main a job like Ninja and see a truly awful ninja you just need to ask "did you level in dd?" and you always get a "yeah xDDDD" response.

Ech. This is gonna get worse before it gets better :/
    NIN can be completely mystifying when you unlock mudras if you have no idea how they work...lol. I was only up to 37-38 when I started running potd on it and just so happened to set my binds where Shift 1 2 3 is huton and the reverse is suiton, so they were easy to figure out. It wasn't until I got past 45 today that I learned the combo for doton and hyoton (happened to hyoton a couple mobs purely by accident in potd prior to that and never figured out how).

Tanks..yeah, don't think anything in potd really forces tanks to learn how to actually tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No need. Just make "hard" dungeons actually challenging like back in the day.
    Although I can already see the whine if they do.

But please, for the love of God, don't go with the "you have to use manual group finder" crap like Blizzard did. Having to deal with all the "needs extreme gear to qualify" BS is so annoying.
    The manual group finder is super useful and easy. I find groups fairly quickly, but that's because of their xserver tech. If I could see the PF's from every combined battlegroup/server in FF14 pugging wouldn't be painful as hell.

Sure people inflate gear reqs (note they do this in every game, including FF14), and some people inflate experience reqs (again in EVERY game I've ever played) so I'm not sure I could even suggest a solution, smarter people than me have undoubtedly tried.

I actually thought pre-nerf PS was a fairly well balanced dungeon difficulty wise. I loved that the least skilled of the playerbase avoided it like the plague. It showed them that if they want to do stuff they need to actually put an iota of effort in to achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You're kind of assuming that tanks are the only ones capable and must be the only ones to do those task. The only duty a tank has is to keep aggro, not have mobs loose, and mitigate as much damage as possible, anything else is entirely dependent on the encounter or group composition. The concept hasn't changed for at least 17 years and it has always been dependent on many factors that generalization is pointless.
    It's 100% evident that you haven't played legion or any high level M+s otherwise you'd understand that folly of your statement. You also didn't pay enough attention to the original statement which was clearly detailing tank responsibilities.

I am not assuming anything. I've done and completed the content (that my current skill level/gear affords me) which is +10, and that's with pugs using the manual group finder.

In FF14 your statement is arguably correct if you play at a carebear level (i.e. normal alex, some EX's etc). As soon as you throw savage in the mix your statement is definitively incorrect, maintaining threat and minimizing damage are not your only duties.

In Legion M+, a tank has by far the hardest and most complex role. A DPS cannot lead you through the trash packs, except maybe by voice, but a non-confident tank being directed by a DPS is heavily sub-optimal. DPS' have interrupts and CCs that is correct, but so do tanks. Enemies in M+ are actually VERY dangerous and must be CC'd at good times by ALL players, which includes tanks. Positioning is very important in M+as pulling even one extra pack can be disastrous for the timer depending on some affixes. Constant re-positioning is required to ensure melee DPS aren't in danger, and have room to DPS.

I could literally go on, but comparing material that you have no experience with whereas I have experience with both seems pretty fruitless to me. Also as just an aside I don't like your signature. I tend to peruse these forums when it's slow at work, and your sig isn't very work friendly.

Speaking for myself, I never intend to actually tank dungeons or raids at all, so being able to level tank classes in the DD is wonderful, cos I just wanna see their stories and play around with them out in the world and DD. If that means some people are going to encounter shitty tanks in dungeons and raids, well...IMO they were gonna encounter them anyways. Some people will always try and play roles as a way to speed through queues, not because they're actually interested in doing those roles well.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Some people will always try and play roles as a way to speed through queues, not because they're actually interested in doing those roles well.
    You mean like that lvl 33 Conjurer who was spamming Cure to heal me in Brayflox ? (It was not his first job/class)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    It's 100% evident that you haven't played legion or any high level M+s otherwise you'd understand that folly of your statement. You also didn't pay enough attention to the original statement which was clearly detailing tank responsibilities.

I am not assuming anything. I've done and completed the content (that my current skill level/gear affords me) which is +10, and that's with pugs using the manual group finder.

In FF14 your statement is arguably correct if you play at a carebear level (i.e. normal alex, some EX's etc). As soon as you throw savage in the mix your statement is definitively incorrect, maintaining threat and minimizing damage are not your only duties.

In Legion M+, a tank has by far the hardest and most complex role. A DPS cannot lead you through the trash packs, except maybe by voice, but a non-confident tank being directed by a DPS is heavily sub-optimal. DPS' have interrupts and CCs that is correct, but so do tanks. Enemies in M+ are actually VERY dangerous and must be CC'd at good times by ALL players, which includes tanks. Positioning is very important in M+as pulling even one extra pack can be disastrous for the timer depending on some affixes. Constant re-positioning is required to ensure melee DPS aren't in danger, and have room to DPS.

I could literally go on, but comparing material that you have no experience with whereas I have experience with both seems pretty fruitless to me. Also as just an aside I don't like your signature. I tend to peruse these forums when it's slow at work, and your sig isn't very work friendly.
    Aside from your sense of elitism, literally all your responsibilities lie on the ENCOUNTER itself. You're painting a broad sense of complexity that is not applicable to everything. ALL of what you said could be completely shifted to another role just based on the whim of the people that makes the encounter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm I wonder what the new relic step will require, if we go by how the old relics work there is first the fate stage then dungeon then the gil phase a chose your own stat phase and then finally the farm "light" phase.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Welp, 1st Flame Leuitenant get.

Now to never touch Adventure Squadron ever again.

Back to deep dungeon to get this PLD to 50

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    You mean like that lvl 33 Conjurer who was spamming Cure to heal me in Brayflox ? (It was not his first job/class)
    Uhm...CNJ/WHM's workhorse spell is Cure. And do you mean Brayflox normal or Brayflox hard?

Probably just wanting to get it to 34 for Stoneskin for AST/SCH. I did that with Lancer for Blood for Blood for Bard. Also Cure is kind of the big kit of a Conjurer. All they have upto 33 heal wise are Cure, Cure 2 and Medica. Cure is the basic heal, Cure 2 is the mana heavy heal that shouldn't really be spammed and Medica is for AOE healing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-31 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    The manual group finder is super useful and easy. I find groups fairly quickly, but that's because of their xserver tech.
    Sure, as a healer, I like it too. I get to pick who gets graced with my presence. :P

But as DPS... ugh. I don't want to apply to xx groups. I just want a tool to do the busywork in the background while I mind my own business.

Maybe they didn't have ACN to 15 yet. Low 30s without stones I have a little lenience for. Cure is gonna be their go-to heal at that level, unless tank or someone gets rocked, then it's Cure 2 time.

Wait until you get in, say, a CT raid where people are intentionally running without job stones so they can pull off troll tactics, like ARC who use provoke to pull bosses off the tanks in an effort to get people killed by cleave.