Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Thats why the "Neck/Rings dont give main stats anymore" thing was really stupid
    If the secondary stats of the legendary are trash for his spec, it doesn't matter - the item is still trash. No main stats jewelry and trading personal loot has improved the game.
    Outrageous secondary stat weight disparity has made it worse. There are specs that value secondary stats over main stat.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-10-30 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    I just got "my" first Legion legendary item :

http://www.wowhead.com/item=132444/prydaz-xavarics-magnum-opus

After some testing and a couple of mythic dungeons, I will no longer equip this item as my rogue is actually LOOSING some DPS with this item. Are you also having this issue with your own legendary item ? Do you think it is fine when a 895 legendary item is worse for DPS than a 850 one ?
    Yes, it's a trash item.
    There will never be a situation where you'd want to use that item.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    If the secondary stats of the legendary are trash for his spec, it doesn't matter - the item is still trash. No main stats and trading personal loot has improved the game.
    Outrageous secondary stat weight disparity for specs has made it worse.
    Except before, if it was a 895 neck, and it had a main stat, it probably would have been more likely that it was an upgrade, even if it didn't have any favorable secondaries. Yes, yes, there are some exceptions like Fire Mage, but generally, it would have been like that.

They completely fucked over their whole design philosophy of the last few expansions or so, where doing harder content would generally give you better items. How does completing a M+10 Dungeon and then having to disenchant the loot you got from your Order Hall chest because its a 890 Neck with garbage stats, while you have a 845 neck with socket and perfect stats, "improve" the game?

While it's true that there are specs that value secondaries over main stats, that doesn't really matter. It's been the same in WoD. They are still the vast minority. And the system isn't great for them either.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2016-10-30 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yes, but one isn't going to break your dps entirely though to where you lose dps especially since it'd ideally be a bigger upgrade over what you are wearing. Now once gear of similiar ilvl is available then I could see that. But that isn't until Nighthold (or lucky procs).
    It wont make u lose dps usually unless its a neck/ring with the wrong stats.
    Others have a chance to really boost your dps by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Did you socket/enchant the neck?

And look on the bright side - this means that once you get another legendary, you will not find it very difficult to choose which one to equip.
    Unless his second is Sephuz's....... like I got.

But then again I now have to wait for the third to choose since last Sun.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes, it's a trash item.
    There will never be a situation where you'd want to use that item.
    To be fair, if you want crit and mastery you'd probably equip it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirmana View Post
    Losing* DPS

Thank you very much. I am sorry for the typo.
    Last edited by mmoc972a289242; 2016-10-30 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    To be fair, if you want crit and mastery you'd probably equip it
    Sure, sure. If the stats are ok for you thats another story.
    It's never worth it for the shield it gives however.

I was told you never go full casual. Wow went full casual in Legion.

What's up with that link?

7+ Year Old Account
    This is HORRIBLE system.

Got sephuz on ww monk

Lol'd

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Don't have recount. But probably. Only care about item level personally though.

If I were you I'd keep the legendary in my bags in case blizzard buffs it. But thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's one of the better "general" legendaries for damage dealers.
    The neck is BY FAR the worst legendary one can get.
    - No primary stats.
    - No damage effect.
    - Actually bugs out and resets yor melee swing timer when absorb is applied (or used to do)

It's garbage, complete garbage. In our guild we say "bad luck, sry" if anyone gets it...
    How sad is it that Legendary items has gone from a "OMG YAY!!!!" reaction to genuine sadness or even anger?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    what is that link.. its fake
    also wondering what that link is.... not a wowhead link

10+ Year Old Account
    You could roll AP assassination rogue. Best two stats right there.

Otherwise... I'm sorry. I too know the pain of bad jewelry.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    It wont make u lose dps usually unless its a neck/ring with the wrong stats.
    Others have a chance to really boost your dps by a lot.
    Arms Warrior here, my first Legendary item was a belt that increases Whirlwind damage by 25% when hitting 3+ targets. Arms NEVER use Whirlwind so the only gain was the stats. Barely any DPS gain.
    Second Legendary I got was a ring that gives me free Executes on RNG, that ring is on average 10% damage increase.
    There's also gloves form Arms Warrior that is 15% damage increase...
    If you combine the Ring and Gloves as Arms Warrior you will get over 30% DPS increase because you get so much more rage to work with. This combo is further going to be amped by the Tier set bonuses and Trinkets in Nighthold. If you do not have those items then you'll NEVER be able to compete with those that do, again- the Legendary system in Legion is horrible. Many people are quitting or going casual because of it.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Ho, you lost dps on a simulation? How that make this item bad? The shield is very good by helping keeping your alive or allow to stay a second longer in an AoE thou increasing your dps. (and make your healer life a lot easier)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    How are you losing dps? Aren't the secondary stats still more than you get on any item, plus the socket? Basically removing the legendary effect should make it the same as other 895 items (just quickly browsing wowhead).
    ilevel doesn't matter much for necks because they have no primary stat. There was also another change in Legion making you gain much, much less secondary stat per ilvl - a 30ilvl higher neck won't have ~33% more stats, it may be more like +15% now. If it has 15% more stats but they're the wrong stats, it can be way weaker than something with the right stats because some stats can be worth twice as much as others.

If Crit and Mastery aren't good stats for you, and your 850 necklace had better secondaries, then yeah you're losing DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkelle View Post
    You could roll AP assassination rogue. Best two stats right there.

Otherwise... I'm sorry. I too know the pain of bad jewelry.
    Ironically, while mastery is fairly close to versatility for assassination, it is Crit> Vers> mastery> haste. Unless of course, you picked some poison boosting talents, rather than focusing your bleeds.

Yes, I am also using a drop neck from Emerald Nightmare heroic.

So at the moment I have zero equipped, because it was my only one.

But Blizzard is repeating it's mantra, everything is fine.