Deleted

Assassination - I feel like I am doing something wrong

Here is my Ursoc HC fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=summary

(I had a moment - around 10 seconds - where I lagged out. It seems to be around minute 2)

Here is my AskMrRobot sim with Food, Pots and Flask: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...388c31c7e8a1e5

Is there anything I necesseraly do wrong?
    Last edited by mmoc6f7fb5837c; 2016-10-27 at 09:09 PM.

And why exactly do you feel like you're doing something wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortykaj View Post
    And why exactly do you feel like you're doing something wrong?
    Because simDPS are higher by 70k. That's a lot. And I don't believe, that it's all due to being a perfect sim.
    Considering that my stats arer fairly close to optimal and an ilvl 874, I also think that the DPS is too low. My parse for the ilvl is also abysmally low.

But regardless, I would rather use the forums to actually discuss, if and what's going wrong, rather adressing why I feel that way.

Every second that Rupture isn't up, you start losing a shitton DPS because you generate less energy and you deal less damage

Your Rupture uptime with 6 CPs ( allowing yourself to drop EP a lil' bit while you build the 6 CPs ) should be as close as possible to 100%, just as your Garrote did ( 99.18% )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Every second that Rupture isn't up, you start losing a shitton DPS because you generate less energy and you deal less damage

Your Rupture uptime with 6 CPs ( allowing yourself to drop EP a lil' bit while you build the 6 CPs ) should be as close as possible to 100%, just as your Garrote did ( 99.18% )
    Getting another 10% uptime would bring another 10% damage onto Rupture, roughly 9k dps. That's actually quite the big loss, damn.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    From a dps perspective on the fight i dont think you are making many mistakes..... If i were to knitpick i would say you could manage a little higher envenom and rupture uptime. Aim for about 65% on envenom and 99% rupture... But other than that you are doing well. Other than that change your food to the pepper breath one. That will increase your dps by a bit. Taking a look at your gear you should try to really get crit mastery on all your pieces... The crit will help you achieve a higher uptime on envenom and on elaborate planning. Something that you may to consider, is getting 3 vendetta reducing relics for your weapon. If you can it is a significant dps upgrade.

As for surviving the fight make sure that you are using feint on the later cacophanies.... it is an aoe and will save your healers a lot of mana on yourself especially sub 30% on the fight. Also don't be afraid to use cheat death to soak extra at the end of ursoc.... Because come mythic the saved raid damage by you gaming cheat death in the enrage phase can be the difference between a kill and a wipe at low percents.

Also, I would like to note, that pretty much all sims for rogues as to damage output are garbage. Just try and emulate the top parsing players by analyzing their live logs and you will go further and get better information.

I hope this is of some use for you.

Quote Originally Posted by baddy View Post
    Getting another 10% uptime would bring another 10% damage onto Rupture, roughly 9k dps. That's actually quite the big loss, damn.
    Not even counting the energy it brings back, 3:30min is 210s, 10% would be 21s, 10 Rupture ticks, about 100 energy, one additional 6 CP Envenom and a Mutilate maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spev View Post
    From a dps perspective on the fight i dont think you are making many mistakes..... If i were to knitpick i would say you could manage a little higher envenom and rupture uptime. Aim for about 65% on envenom and 99% rupture... But other than that you are doing well. Other than that change your food to the pepper breath one. That will increase your dps by a bit. Taking a look at your gear you should try to really get crit mastery on all your pieces... The crit will help you achieve a higher uptime on envenom and on elaborate planning. Something that you may to consider, is getting 3 vendetta reducing relics for your weapon. If you can it is a significant dps upgrade.

As for surviving the fight make sure that you are using feint on the later cacophanies.... it is an aoe and will save your healers a lot of mana on yourself especially sub 30% on the fight. Also don't be afraid to use cheat death to soak extra at the end of ursoc.... Because come mythic the saved raid damage by you gaming cheat death in the enrage phase can be the difference between a kill and a wipe at low percents.

Also, I would like to note, that pretty much all sims for rogues as to damage output are garbage. Just try and emulate the top parsing players by analyzing their live logs and you will go further and get better information.

I hope this is of some use for you.
    I settled for crit food for now, since I don't have 40% yet and only 1 point in the Mut Crit trait.
    I am planning on upgrading the gems I got aswell. Gear stat switch is planned.
    I was considering the Vendetta relics aswell. I will probably bank them until I got 3, every time I drop one.
    I did use Feint in earlier HC runs, when we were closer to a 5 minute, than a 3 minute pull. I love the ability, especially with elusiveness.
    About envenom: It's because I value the EP uptime more than the Envenom. Hopefully this gets resolved with more crit.
    I checked top parsing rogues, and one interesting thing I picked up is that they stack crit like crazy. I believe one of them had only around 4k mastery aswell.

Deleted
    do you pool energy before finishers? so you can get more attacks, that benefits from EP and envenom buff and surging toxins debuff. try and pool up to 75-80% energy.
    you only got 1 blood of the assasinated proc, so more prayers to RNGesus may improve your dps aswell :P

but yea, rupture downtime is a major dps loss. its optimal to use 5-6 cp finishers, but if your rupture runs off and you only got 1-4 cp, cast rupture
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2016-10-30 at 07:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    do you pool energy before finishers? so you can get more attacks, that benefits from EP and envenom buff and surging toxins debuff. try and pool up to 75-80% energy.
    you only got 1 blood of the assasinated proc, so more prayers to RNGesus may improve your dps aswell :P

but yea, rupture downtime is a major dps loss. its optimal to use 5-6 cp finishers, but if your rupture runs off and you only got 1-4 cp, cast rupture
    Well, after applying sRupture, there no need to pool, since you refill with Vendetta and juggle EP for that duration. I actually don't see why you would pool at all, since EP uptime on Rupture seems so much better, than 5-6cp Envenoms. I instead upped my crit and am getting a lot more 3-4 cp Envenoms out and more 5-6 ones aswell. I gave up roughly 6% mastery for 5% crit (+ another point in Mut crit trait) and I feel the difference already.

As others have said, your main 2 problems are your rupture uptime and your low crit. With any sin build you really need to be running as close to 44% crit as you can with the 3 mut crit traits. It makes a lot of difference. As for logs, I tend to stop comparing myself in terms of rankings unless you have 2 good legendaries. In my case I only have 1 crap one and it makes a world of difference. I can play perfectly and still not come close to others with the same ilvl and just better legendaries.

Deleted
    Well, after applying sRupture, there no need to pool, since you refill with Vendetta and juggle EP for that duration. I actually don't see why you would pool at all, since EP uptime on Rupture seems so much better, than 5-6cp Envenoms. I instead upped my crit and am getting a lot more 3-4 cp Envenoms out and more 5-6 ones aswell. I gave up roughly 6% mastery for 5% crit (+ another point in Mut crit trait) and I feel the difference already.
    you may have slightly higher uptime on EP when using 3-4cp instead of 5-6, but your finishers do like 45% less dmg.

You only spam 3+ point envenoms to prioritize EP uptime when it is a buffed rupture. Otherwise I think you are better off going for 5-6 point envenoms. Personally I go for the high EP uptime on both Nightstalker'd (from stealth) ruptures and when Vendetta is currently in use on my target.