Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the problem with a lot of hidden stuff is that its only really hidden the first time, take kosumoth, its trivial now, you can complete the entire thing in a couple of hours, theres no mystery to it now, its probably a lot of work for blizzard making these hidden things and trying to make it interesting, for it to only be fun for a few small number of people, talking the 5-10 people that really dedicate themselves to finding this stuff, then everyone else just looks it up on wowhead and follows the guide
    The point is though, you don't have to follow a guide or "cheat". You are more than capable of exploring and finding the appearance yourself.

i think its a big of a misgnomer to think that the people who would be intrigued by this sort of activity would just give up so easily. its just another thing to do in an expansion with HEAPS of stuff to do.
    Hi

As long as they are properly implemented and make sense, which has not been the case much in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I mean, on one hand i like cool things that are found and its cool to see it not get datamined all the time.

On the other hand, I can see this not being that good for the game. Majority of players don't go on wowhead or mmo-champion so they'll never possibly be aware of these items or reputations in the game which can possibly make them think there is less content then there actually is.

And another thing is, its hidden for a short period of time but only a select group has the satisfaction of finding it, and then the rest of the world knows about it, reducing the excitement.

I don't know, what are your thoughts?
    Surely the majority of the people visit Wowhead at least. It's a must-have. MMOC on the other hand, I can understand that people don't visit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    The point is though, you don't have to follow a guide or "cheat". You are more than capable of exploring and finding the appearance yourself.

i think its a big of a misgnomer to think that the people who would be intrigued by this sort of activity would just give up so easily. its just another thing to do in an expansion with HEAPS of stuff to do.
    no, things like konsumoth would never be found by a regular player, as i said in my earlier post though, if they were to do a puzzle sort of thing, that actualy had hints/clues then that would be better, but if its just going to be a straight up hidden thing that cannot be found without datamining, then its designed for a very small fraction of the playerbase, and will only really be enjoyed by a few people. its a waste of blizzards time to add too many things like the gnomer boss or kosumoth.

my point is, unless blizzard give some indication that theres even a puzzle to solve, its pointless as the only people "solving" it are the people who datamine that stuff, its not really solvable by someone playing the game

Yeah, why not? I like 'em.

Love it. I don't need everything to be given to me at the start, I like a little mystery.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    As long as they are properly implemented and make sense, which has not been the case much in Legion.
    get real...

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I mean, on one hand i like cool things that are found and its cool to see it not get datamined all the time.

On the other hand, I can see this not being that good for the game. Majority of players don't go on wowhead or mmo-champion so they'll never possibly be aware of these items or reputations in the game which can possibly make them think there is less content then there actually is.

And another thing is, its hidden for a short period of time but only a select group has the satisfaction of finding it, and then the rest of the world knows about it, reducing the excitement.

I don't know, what are your thoughts?
    If they're done right, sure. Kosumoth is almost a perfect example, just make it so everyone can click orbs, not everyone can sit for hours camping and coming back periodically is a crapshoot.

Secrets like this keep the community talking and spice things up.
    Last edited by Destructus; 2016-10-30 at 09:24 PM.

"Hidden"

The problem here is the definition of "hidden"

Deleted
    It's content. People are bitching about content.

Fuck off.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, hidden in-game things are cool!

...Sadly, Blizzard is incompetent, which made a portion of their Warriors very disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously people are considering it can be bad for the game ?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I like it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Hidden things are usually good, but most "hidden" things in legion is just time gated bullshit (artifact knowledge levels) so overall it's shit.
    That ignorance though.

Data mining is one of the major reasons the game's community is so entitled and impatient. No one enjoys the journey anymore and instead of seeing people look at systems with a glass half full, you see threads like the one about people confused about how you obtain artifact power and it's place in the spectrum of progression. Back in the day, these people wouldn't have these expectations about things being exactly how they want them.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. It keeps people wanting to play and looking forward to something. It adds intrigue and interest and flavor. They went completely in the right direction with Legion.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

They did hidden skins the wrong way by gating them a lot of them behind arbitrary # of artifact research. Other stuff like Kosumoth has been cool though.

It's very good, way too much shit gets datamined.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is good, assuming they aren't bugged.