Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    Jaylock said it isn't more RNG than old WoW. Not that there wasn't RNG.

The "legendaries" are just mandatory epics in previous expansions such as trinkets and tier pieces.

- In Vanilla my guild was still clearing Molten Core every week because many of us hadn't gotten their Tier 2 legs off Rag even though we were into AQ40. (Oh look, double druid legs again. Shard'em- maybe we'll get one of the dozen warrior legs we still need next week...)

- In BC we were clearing Kara with 3 teams per week and didn't see the first 'squid stick' drop off Illhoof until 2 months after we had him on farm.

- I raided on my hunter in WoD and burned over 20 coins on Council to get the Blademaster trinket. It just didn't drop when I was there, and all my coins got me every item on his loot table (minus Blademaster) twice over. I was clearing Normal and Heroic.

- Let's not all forget the trinket off Immersus in SoO, which was so powerful that this forum was filled with whining about how it wouldn't drop in Flex/Normal so the 'hardcore' were forced into LFR for a chance at the LFR version. The poor things.

- Ditto for LFR being 'mandatory' for Tier set bonuses.

Legendaries are same shit, different colour.

Speaking of which- I believe you're in N. America right?

Here's a thought:

Instead of blaming RNG for not having any legendaries (when you should have two by now) why don't you go:

- Do today's Emissary cache
    - Clear all 10 Mythic instances
    - Clear all three LFR wings
    - PuG Normal Emerald Nightmare

Start doing that every Tuesday and you'll eventually catch up to where you should be for a "Heroic" raider.
    Stop insulting the vast majority. You're deeping yourself even more through bs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apsychicrat View Post
    but this additional layer you make such a big deal over is not your goal. that old model is still there as it always has been, but now there is a chance that that static piece of gear you want is slightly better for one reason or another. just gun for the base item and if a better one comes out cheer and be happy. dont treat the base item like its a sack of crap
    But it is a sack of crap because I will not get into any mythic0 group with that item level anymore. You people are almost funny in your inconsequence, but I think it's rather lack of logical capabilities. They completely destroyed the path of progression from easier content to more difficult content, because now the more difficult content is gated by item level requirements which surpasses the item level of the items which actually drop there.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    Jaylock said it isn't more RNG than old WoW. Not that there wasn't RNG.

The "legendaries" are just mandatory epics in previous expansions such as trinkets and tier pieces.

Speaking of which- I believe you're in N. America right?

Here's a thought:

Instead of blaming RNG for not having any legendaries (when you should have two by now) why don't you go:

- Do today's Emissary cache
    - Clear all 10 Mythic instances
    - Clear all three LFR wings
    - PuG Normal Emerald Nightmare

Start doing that every Tuesday and you'll eventually catch up to where you should be for a "Heroic" raider.
    Sorry but your comment about having 2 legendary's by now and the way to get them are just misguided. RNG is RNG.

Using myself as an example: My raid group is 1/7M EN, we only raid 6 hours a week and clear Heroic EN in about 2 hours and spend the rest of the time on mythic progression. I have done up to M + 8, clear lfr every week, run the daily heroic for AP, have AK 11, clear Withering training every time it comes up, clear regular M dungeons, daily emissary chests, have had the ability unlocked to equip 2 legendaries for about 2 weeks now, and I just got my first legendary on Tuesday (thankfully one of my best ones).

My guild must have hit some unknown bad luck protection, because legendaries started dropping like crazy starting last week. Most just got their first legendary.

I have had other people in my guild ding 110 on an alt and get a legion from their very first Emissary chest.

RNG is RNG, so effort has little to do with it.

On the other hand, I know that groups that chain high level mythic + dungeons have a much higher probability of getting drops, but nothing is guaranteed.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

So a mod has gone thru and shut down every thread about legendaries and told them to use the megathread which is what should be done. But why is this thread allowed to stay open? Why can this OP do as he pleases around here? Why are the rules enforced or not enforced around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Take away the legendaries and warforged/titanforged and you end up with a situation where people stop running content. But maybe that's what people want? Just run the dungeons 3-4 times, do the raid until you have the gear and then quit.
    Yeah, that's what I wanted, gear up for raids and then finally raid casually 9 hours a week with some relaxed daily and old content farming in between if I feel like it. Instead I'm 10 ilvls lower than average raider in my guild and have pretty much lost my mythic spot, because I didn't want to farm mythic+ like there's no tomorrow. It's such an engaging and exciting feeling, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    There's already 10000000 threads discussing legendaries. Why did you need to start the 10000001. one?
    They are in the minority not starting a thread to whine about how random doesn't go their way.
    By that argument, there shouldn't be most of the other threads.
    But that has not stopped people.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Let's not forget how many of the hidden artifact skins are just plain random drop chances.
    And to everyone saying WQ item upgrades and legendaries are just a bonus, the problem is you eventually reach a point where those WQ and m+ items NEED to be upgraded otherwise they are worthless. Legendaries are 100% random and in some cases can result in a 50k dps increase or more. You could farm every available piece of content in Legion and get zero, and you could also get one off your first emissary cache after hitting 110. Such a strong item also being so random is the type of thing folks complain about. If you're someone who is progressing on EN Normal and/or m+2/3 then understand that things make a bigger deal later on and it just hasn't affected you yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This is the most RNG of any expansion I've ever played. There are no real gear gaps to fill with farmed currency (not RNG). It's all RNG. WF, TWF, sockets, additional secondaries, legendaries, it's all randomized.
    This summarises it best.

Claiming that Legion is not RNG - with all due respect - is like saying "i'm not playing this game, guys. what's the expansion like?"
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    There's already 10000000 threads discussing legendaries. Why did you need to start the 10000001. one?
    Cause hes Jaylock....

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This, too. Professions are the kind of randomization, from random drops for recipes to random chances of upgrades to recipes to random chances of procs on recipes (yes, I know procs did exist in prior expansions).
    Professions arguably in the less trivial gain of most recipes has the good idea of spreading out crafting, so not everyone initially has the same.
    But it wasn't in my view implemented well.

Ranks destroy a large part of what that variety should be.
    They should instead be an improved recipe instead of simply a more efficient one.
    Take the prior enchanting examples where there were enchants with vaguely similar effects, but with materials and degree of effect varying considerably.
    That way there was still a demand for the lower "rank" version, for throwaway gear, for players with less budget etc.
    Instead it is simply about finding someone with the highest rank and dismissing everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

it is impossible to parse 95th percentile without your BiS legendaries, and as such they are MANDATORY when it comes to raiding. you will lose your spots if you arent pushing the 95th percentile regulary and if you dont have those legendary items you will never reach that needed level of play that is to be expected from you.

So yeah RNG is against you and you will lose your top spots in raids no doubt about it since you can and will be replaced with those that have gotten lucky and can easy push that 95th percentile that you cant do only due to lack of the legendary items

If it was not for the shitty secondary stat balance I would not mind it much. I continue to find it interesting how Blizzard screws up personal loot. I know a few long time honest and helpful PuG raid leaders who moved to guild raiding from too much wasted loot.

I find myself being outperformed due to a lack of legendaries, wish they'd drop!

The problems with your post are as followed:

1: The titanforge system does dictates whether you the best gear or not, therefore if it doesnt upgrade half the time its worthless. If your ilvl is too low, you get excluded from groups, as higher ilvl is needed to clear said content in X given time. Therefore, RNG.

2: Legendaries: Some classes and specs, say, unholy bracers are so important and pivital to the spec, not having them means you are not capable of keeping up from a dps perspective, meaning that without good RNG you are, once again, excluded from important aspects of the game.

3: Legion is RNG. Outlaw rogues roll the bones. Unholy DKs scourge of worlds / runic corruption, ect, the amount of RNG slapped into classes is extremely high. Yes in past xpacs, classes like rogues, and feral druids would gain two combo points on a crit, this meant that having bad RNG meant you did less damage, BUT you had 3 button presses to get that crit, to have 5 combo points, that sort of design mitigated the potential negative outcome of the class RNG. Outlaw rogues? Roll 6 buff, be a god that fight. Roll 1 / 2 buffs the entire time? Be average at best.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol well at least they shut up the crowd saying there no content or they ran out of content ..cause it going to take approx 5 years to everything in this expansion that why they put the coding on..so they don't have to bother with it..