Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Complaints since Legion, what's going on?

Hey peeps,

Since Legion, I see people complaining about some things that really makes me lift an eyebrow.
    Disclaimer: I've been in since vanilla and I do community management for a game company, I know how whiny people can be.

It's as if we suddenly have people who haven't played WoW before?!

"As a solo player why can't I get the best ilvl? I can't play this game"
    You what mate? Legion is THE most solo/quester-friendly expansion. BY. FAR. I know this because I'm a solo/quester since pretty much WotLK. I started Legion late and in a couple of weeks I was ready for her- I was ready for mythics and raiding. I had done like... one (1) heroic dungeon. Rest was leveling and WQs.
    How did you play the game until now if you feel so strongly about this?

Also, of course raiders will get more, they do something that requires more effort. How does it make sense if someone does something more and gets the same reward?? It's already a too generous system.
    And these people criticise it's "bad design" or something...

"Ermahgerd leveling an alt is so hard in Legion!!!11" (Within 1 mo of release)
    Really? You already geared one character, you leveled 2 110s and you want instant-access to your main char gear by doing less? It has been almost a month, what is this hurry???

Wait... wait wait... it's hard in LEGION? IN LEGION?
    You mean, you don't have to do a plethora of heroics, you don't have to farm for, I don't know, items, or shoulder enchants or whatever...
    You already get close to honored by just regional quests and you can have a boost for a faction everyday (for 4 qs), you can cherry pick your reward, there is a research system that requires nothing but a bit of order resource now and then... And it's hard to alt in LEGION?

Farming for Illidan quest is 2hard omg legion is so grindy..................
    Have. you. ever. played. this. game?!
    HAVE YOU?
    No seriously. Because either of us mustn't have.

Seriously, every expansion required you to do dungeons and (except tbc) farm daily quests.

Now you just do the equivalent of daily quests, for a shorter time (depends on your luck as well) and you get items.

Also, just a few months back we were talking about abrogator stones and the grind for that, which lasted months... now a few dungeons is too much?!

What's going on? I'm used to people complaining about balance, their class, how bad the raids are etc but these feels like some aliens infiltrated us. Is it just me being like "Eh, what the hell?" as they see these threads?

To emphasize: I'm not saying the game should be farmy or hard whatever, I'm not a raider etc So it's not about the content of the above examples that I'm talking about, it's the fact that people go "EMG LEGION SUX IN THIS WAY" when Legion is probably the most easy-going exp in that topic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by themaelstorm View Post
    Really? You already geared one character, you leveled 2 110s and you want instant-access to your main char gear by doing less? It has been almost a month, what is this hurry???

You mean, you don't have to do a plethora of heroics, you don't have to farm for, I don't know, items, or shoulder enchants or whatever...
    You already get close to honored by just regional quests and you can have a boost for a faction everyday (for 4 qs), you can cherry pick your reward, there is a research system that requires nothing but a bit of order resource now and then... And it's hard to alt in LEGION?
    I am getting really sick and tired of this bullshit arguement. Nobody is saying IT IS HARD. People are saying it is utter bullshit how far you lag behind due to how AK / AP works. So if you can't even properly read concerns just stop making these crap posts.

Deleted
    i wonder if you have played this game before. people have always been whining about everything, and will continue to do so. i don't understand why it gets under people's skin so much.

Maybe if blizz didn't make everything so damn accessible to every dumb dumb that bought the game these special snow flakes wouldn't exist. It's Blizzards own fault and I thoroughly hope they enjoy having to deal these people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    I am getting really sick and tired of this bullshit arguement. Nobody is saying IT IS HARD. People are saying it is utter bullshit how far you lag behind due to how AK / AP works. So if you can't even properly read concerns just stop making these crap posts.
    Yes because someone who makes an alt 3 months into the expansion should instantly be able to catch up to peoples mains... My alt who I got to 110 this weekend. Is already only 5 artifact levels behind my main. And a bit of rep behind. Is 30 ilvl lower. But that's because I'm a raider
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

leveling alts is still easy indeed , leveling all professions and completing all class quests is another story , since most professions and class quests requires you to do dungeons,

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes because someone who makes an alt 3 months into the expansion should instantly be able to catch up to peoples mains... My alt who I got to 110 this weekend. Is already only 5 artifact levels behind my main. And a bit of rep behind. Is 30 ilvl lower. But that's because I'm a raider
    first of all, 2months, second, my alt out geared my main in a week because of RNG, and theres literally nothing holding you back except knowledge & third relic slot the moment you hit 110 now, if my computer didnt die i would have 3 860+ chars or more already(i dont mythic+ farm or mythic raid) so honestly theres no point in people bringing up alts since this expansion is literally RNG simulator, i can lvl a char to 110 over and over and eventually one of them will get 870+ and a legendary in a week or less

Good post. I have been scratching my head about a number of complaints about things that were worse in previous expansions.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    *SNIP*
    This isn't anything new. After an expansion releases, the people who are posting on the forums are the ones who are not having fun in the game anymore for X reason. I recently started looking at these forums and I am already fed up of it. I never seem to be able to find decent conversations about stuff.

To cut your long post short, people who complain are gonna complain about anything.

Hey peeps,

Since Legion, I see people complaining about some things that really makes me lift an eyebrow.
    Disclaimer: I've been in since vanilla and I do community management for a game company, I know how whiny people can be.

It's as if we suddenly have people who haven't played WoW before?!

"As a solo player why can't I get the best ilvl? I can't play this game"
    You what mate? Legion is THE most solo/quester-friendly expansion. BY. FAR. I know this because I'm a solo/quester since pretty much WotLK. I started Legion late and in a couple of weeks I was ready for her- I was ready for mythics and raiding. I had done like... one (1) heroic dungeon. Rest was leveling and WQs.
    How did you play the game until now if you feel so strongly about this?

Also, of course raiders will get more, they do something that requires more effort. How does it make sense if someone does something more and gets the same reward?? It's already a too generous system.
    And these people criticise it's "bad design" or something...
    Sorry, but the argument is right. The problem have multiple factors:

1.) The gap between World quests and LFR and mythic is too big.
    2.) Not only there's a too big gap, then there's too much luck involved: Warforged, Titanforged, and even in War/Titanforged there's an range of min/max-ilvl inside of them. (doesn't have a problem with it myself, but i can understand that many people have a problem with it)
    3.) Legendaries: Not only these gives someone a huge ilvl boost, there's again too much luck involved: Some people have already 3 Legendaries, some 0 even if they played every day. So someone can be a very good player but can never reach the top, simply because they aren't lucky with the Legendaries.
    4.) Luck with rolling a Seal for extra-loot is often only an disappointment. Getting around 30G for a seal that cost 1000G is simply an insult.

Now you stop arguing and simply insulting player. And yes, it is too hard. Artefact Power, Artefact Knowledge and even between Specs: the artefact-gap simply is too big. Every expansion had Leveling, but now we also need to level our weapon too. Before 7.1, they also needed to quest in Suramar to unlock Arcway and Court of Stars on every account, that's too much.

Especially Artefact Knowledge: why not make it accountwide, this would make leveling reasonable, simply because you still need a lot of artefact power, but makes leveling far easier.

Legion is the best xpac since WoTLK I guess, but it has its faults. I'm pretty bored of it already, but this could very well be from being a player since its original release in 2004. Probably normal to get bored playing the same game on and off for 12 years.

- Entire xpac is literally based on RNG. Makes getting "upgrades" feel bad when they're not the right stats. Secondary stats seem too strong, at least for certain specs. Feel bad when you get a crappy legendary. Feel bad when you get no legendary and friends/guildies get multiple and/or bis ones. Legendary effects need to be equalized so certain ones aren't so gamechanging.
    - Not viable to play multiple characters - which would possibly be fine if rerolling didn't set you so far behind everyone else due to...
    - Artifact knowledge/power system too harsh on new characters/alt specs.
    - WQs were great at first, but now mind numbingly boring.
    - If you don't like Suramar, you are screwed if you like epic zone/quest story-lines as that's all there is - for now, at least. Again, multiple characters is painful.
    - Rated/regular PvP is horrible and unbalanced. World PvP is an absolute joke and not even worth participating in. Arena has never made much sense in an MMO format, especially now with needing to farm AP since artifact traits work in PvP and are quite powerful/needed to compete. However, it was much more bearable when it was easy to get a fresh max lvl character ready to compete. Rated should = competitive, but it's not to due requiring massive PvE farming. Arena makes more sense in a "tournament realm" format - ie: all players having access to any class/spec.

As far as players complaining about solo stuff/being able to get good gear solo/etc. I dunno, I don't think you should be able to get the best gear or whatever. You seem to be able to get a good ilvl solo currently, anyway - 850-860 seems easy. I do wish they would implement some sort of epic class armor set quest line or something that was solo-friendly and took lots of work/time to get and allowed you to upgrade it every patch. Makes you feel like you're actually working towards something cool and meaningful - not just hoping for random, generic clown-suit pieces. I think FFXIV does something like this.
    Last edited by Ickz; 2016-10-31 at 09:07 AM.

Its the circle of the MMO champion forum.
    In every expansion there is a change in pace shortly after hitting max level. Everytime, when some players hit that bump, they start getting frustrated and start complaining. Doesnt really matter how high that bump was last expansion. Two weeks ago they were having fun. Now they dont. This seems weird to people, who barely survived the last expansions drought and currently feel like they are in heaven. But if you look at it from their perspective, its really not.

Once the first wave of people leaves, it gets better.Then it gets worse again, when everyone but the diehard "what do you mean no content? I can still farm that one hidden reputation for weeks?" had enough.
    Which will then get replaced by the phase of "kill all the nonbelievers!!1", once the hype for the new expansion starts and all the people, who left in the beginning come back with refreshed spirits and some selective memory loss to declare their neverending love for the game.
    Last edited by owbu; 2016-10-31 at 09:20 AM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Solo players are trying to transform WoW into a casual facebook game. The sad part is Blizzard listening to them because too worried to lose a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Alts are supposed to lag behind. Really it isn't that big of a deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    On top of that, you catch up to a certain point quite quickly anyways.

The legion dungeon quest is bullshit because it has a weekly cap. That's the problem with it, not the fact you require 80.
    It seems that the only way blizz can make a steady stream of content is to gate simple quests like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    This isn't anything new. After an expansion releases, the people who are posting on the forums are the ones who are not having fun in the game anymore for X reason. I recently started looking at these forums and I am already fed up of it. I never seem to be able to find decent conversations about stuff.

To cut your long post short, people who complain are gonna complain about anything.
    You do realize you're complaining about people who are complaining, right? Complaining about not being able to talk about "stuff", which to me sounds you're complaining about anything really.

Have I introduced you to Kettle already, Pot?

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont see how this deserves a thread.
    we have such complaints pretty much every expac.

Formerly known as Arafal

Aside from like... maybe two people on this forum, no one really thinks solo players should get the highest ilvl loot. (Besides, a solo player literally can get the highest ilvl loot. It'll just take way longer if they're unlucky).

The actual general complaint is a lot more complicated than that. (and most of it is things that'll sort of solve themselves with more content.) Like how WQ's invalidate LFR, and even approach invalidating bothering with base mythics, and in general, just how easy it is as a casual to gear past that casual play threshold way too fast, and hit a wall of content that's clearly not aimed at that group. Again, though, that's going to be a problem that solves itself with more content. But it is absolutely a problem. (Well, unless you're incredibly unlucky with drops, I guess, then maybe some casual content will still wind up having more than a couple of weeks of use for you). Most casual players just wanted a gearing progression path that lasted a bit longer. When they don't have that, they kind of get bored and unsub. In my case, I was overgeared for mythics before I had even done every dungeon on heroic difficulty, and I was overgeared for even normal EN before it even opened, let alone it's LFR variant. Which more or less means I've sort of had fuck all to do past the first few weeks of legion save for WQ's till 7.1 came.

As for that Illidian quest, it sounds quite annoying. I was going to bother with it till I learned heroics aren't even a guaranteed drop. Screw that, it's not worth the effort.