Free damage on unstunnable adds, assuming your healers don't have you /gkicked, I would assume. JV and WoG both cost damage to use. Although TBF I would still say JV is the better choice.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Icy Veins says Eye for an Eye is better for raiding, either im to stupid to understand it, but how is it better?
    Using JV or WoG is a dps loss, since you have to spend HP to do either. Eye costs only a global, and is useful on fights with aoe physical damage, like Ursoc. JV belongs in you world quest kit (and only then if you are running DP). WoG could see limited use if your healers are struggling and you want to help them out. The healing it does isn't really worth it though, in my experience.

so, its just the lesser of 3 evils, got it <3

Well, the healing WoG does is pretty strong. You get something like 2-300% as much healing as you'd have done damage if you spent it on a TV instead. If ret had the option of a similar conversion of damage into healing for all its damage than it'd be by far the strongest healer in the entire game. So relative to the resources spent on it, it's an extremely good heal.

You wouldn't wanna use it during crusade since crusade is only +damage, but outside of it you can churn out another 3-6 million healing in just three GCDs as ret, if the situation calls for it. Having that available for burst damage phases can be the difference between letting you drop a healer or not, or just salvaging a wipe by - for example - saving the lives of up to a (very optimistic) 10 people with a couple of well-timed WoGs after an Ursoc charge that leaves those people too low to survive his following roars.

Of course, that's pretty niche, but personally I think having the option to do that when the very rare situation arises is at least marginally more useful than being able to spend a GCD (which also costs a lot, unless it was empty, which it rarely is at the ideal moment to spend your eye for an eye) reducing your physical damage taken by 35% for 10 seconds. Unless you deliberately plan around using eye for an eye to reduce some specific damage, anyway.

But yeah. Usually you wipe to lack of damage, not lack of healing. So this is rarely going to be something you want to do. But I wouldn't disregard it completely. Certainly it's not one of three "evils" that we have to choose between, even if it may look that way from a purely selfish perspective.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    After 7.1, is Devilsaur Shock Baton still good or no? Seems to only proc on Wake of Ashes now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

On the topic of Eye for an Eye, I like it because with that plus Retribution, we actually have enough DR to survive a few melees from a mythic raid boss provided we don't get crit. If the tanks die, with a bit of RNG and attentive healers you can actually tank the boss until Eye runs out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphenz View Post

From the paladin discord (I think its Notcal's?). ilvl equiv being the relic ilvl, not weapon ilvl.

To put in in perspective:
    Your 840 crusade relic is actually 864 relic without any trait (cause +24). And your 865 Divine storm relic is +0, so still 865. This is purely ST.

Either way. Simming will give you a way more accurate answer.
    This should be on the front page!

Has anyone confirmed whether or not Divine Hammer is bugged?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    No, they didn't answer my tweet. Maybe if others asked as well (@warcraftdevs).

Deleted
    I'm not sure , if I just missed it , but did anyone else notice the change to our t19? It now increases the dmg of our finishers by 10% instead of 20% and our generators have 15% chance to generate 1 additional hopo. Again , sorry if I just missed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    No, they didn't answer my tweet. Maybe if others asked as well (@warcraftdevs).
    Is there anything to dig regarding TV/DS nerf and Mastery buff?

There is close to no reason to assume it's not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrel View Post
    This should be on the front page!
    This too:

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Execution Sentence worth picking up instead of Final Verdict?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by Svetyac View Post
    This too:
    How up to date is this? Swarming Plaguehive did more damage than FCM for me in an entire heroic clear last night so I have a hard time believing that sim is correct.

This is the one I've been using...https://simc.derig.org/static/output/ft.html

Ursoc (ST): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1
    Renferal (moderate AOE): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...urce=1&fight=9
    Last edited by MarshallX; 2016-10-31 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    I asked them but haven't had a response. It seems odd to me that the damage duration is reduced by haste but not the cooldown. One of them must surely be an error.

- - - Updated - - -

On adds where they die between the TV and the Echo?
    This was on bosses, even Nytendra and Ursoc where there are no adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    Is Execution Sentence worth picking up instead of Final Verdict?
    No.
    Also no.
    And no.
    Basically, no.

Okay so I just got a 885 neck that changes my stats from having 1% less total Haste while adding 5% total Mastery.

Without this new neck, my Haste at the moment sit's at 23.13%, Mastery is at 16.67%, and Crit is sitting at 29.75

Is the Mastery gain going to be better for me or should I stick with the current setup. Is Mastery really that bad and should I just ignore getting any of it at all? How much Haste/Crit should I be going for here at 861 ilvl?

Mastery (per point) is worth about 3/4 of what haste, crit, and vers are worth. I say about, because it changes constantly depending on your gear.
    There is no good way of knowing the exact value of your stats without using the program simulation craft (free at simulationcraft.com) to test and find out. Install the app, watch a youtube instructionsal and see what kind of values you get, then you can know for sure.

Deleted
    So i gave Ret a try and im pretty much instant turned off.... having your damage bound to a 10sec Judgment is such a fucking awful Design it reminds me of Ele Shaman and Flame Shock. Makes me wonder why they do shit like that in 2016 WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    So i gave Ret a try and im pretty much instant turned off.... having your damage bound to a 10sec Judgment is such a fucking awful Design it reminds me of Ele Shaman and Flame Shock. Makes me wonder why they do shit like that in 2016 WoW.
    Well Ret is actually pretty awesome every 2 minutes for 30 seconds