New SSD + Processor, which?

Hi guys,

Recently I've been updating my old PC into something better. Latest buy was the new geforce 1060, which I've been very satisfied with so far.
    Next things I would like to upgrade are my processor and my hard disk to SSD. Now I'm not very comfortable with all this, so I'm seeking help in regards to what will be compatible.

Currently I'm working with:

Motherboard: Asus - M5A97 PRO

http://imgur.com/a/0vkj5

Processor: AMD FX-6100 6 core.

http://imgur.com/a/dG7ph

I would like to spend about 200-300 Euros/Dollars.

Really hope some of you can help. If you need more information, LMK.

- Chiefy
    Last edited by Wheelz; 2016-10-31 at 11:48 AM.

Not worth upgrading your CPU at all, every CPU that is compatible with that motherboard is not a real upgrade over what you currently have. Also there are new AMD/intel boards and chips releasing in the beginning of 2017. As for solid state drive, we would need to know how much capacity you needed/how many games you are looking to fit on there.

Thanks a lot for the quick response. Was thinking 250gb, maybe a little more depending on the price. What does it mean, for me, that there are new AMD/intel boards being released, if you don't mind explaining?

Deleted
    >SSD click me< This is the SSD i use and it's amazingly fast and gives me 0 issues.

Wouldn't you be better off running intel CPU with an Nvidia GPU? Not gone AMD in over 10 years so i could be wrong but don't intel/Nvidia play better together?

Just get a 500GB SSD. Breathes new life into a mediocre PC. Don't get 250GB, because you'll be constantly out of space on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefy View Post
    Thanks a lot for the quick response. Was thinking 250gb, maybe a little more depending on the price. What does it mean, for me, that there are new AMD/intel boards being released, if you don't mind explaining?
    Basically with your current motherboard there are no CPU's worth purchasing that would be actual noticeable upgrades. In early 2017 both intel and AMD are coming out with new motherboards and processors, that is where you would want to be upgrading to. As for SSD the crucial mx300 is the best low cost product i know of:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/r...ct275mx300ssd1

Thanks again for the answers.

Last question: Is there any specific brand of SSD I will be searching for, or can every/any type of SSD be put into my current PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefy View Post
    Thanks again for the answers.

Last question: Is there any specific brand of SSD I will be searching for, or can every/any type of SSD be put into my current PC?
    Stick to the big names in memory... Samsung, Intel, Micro/Crucial.