Thread: STM and latency

STM and latency

Hello everyone

I have a huge problem with STM, ( I wish they redesign it ASAP)

this is the first time that i feel my game play rely heavily on my latency, I’m talking about STM of course.

my latency is stable at 120MS. i always die at 70-75 stacks due to latency ( i keep pressing SW : D but still in Q ) even though my haste at 12k

is there any tips or hints u guys can help me?

is it worth to stay always with LOTV and void lord talent and change my gear into crit since i got the legendry shoulder?

Second question:

For aoe fights : is mastery scale better than haste (cuz dots hits harder) or haste scale better?

Regards

I've stopped raiding on my SPriest because I have ridiculous packet loss with the router I'm using. There's no real answer to shitty latency with S2M. You either deal with it or you get fucked.

For your second question, Mastery does great on multiple targets but Crit>Haste will still generally perform better overall.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well they said they are doing. A redesign of that row. When idk. But soon. So either 1 stick with the class. And suck it up. Having bad latenecy they can't help you with that. Welcome to old demo lock. We've had this problem since the intro of demonic fury. And trying to stay in Meta as long as possible.
    Or two reroll till it gets fixed. Sucks. But if your internet is too bad to play it. I would say maybe bm hunter? Super easy. Lots of down time for lag. And pretty good dps
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Thats not latency, mines over 200ms and I always get to about 1m40.

I'm sure it plays a big role (ie I've never seen the 3rd void torrent) but if you're flopping at 75 stacks you're doing it wrong imo.

I have a similar experience to Deja. I average 200-250ms and consistently reaching third VTor. I use a version of Twintop's bar and start reaching for SWD when my void bolt stops getting me out of yellow bar. I usually bank 2 SWD as long as I can just for that. Scariest bit is 80-85 stacks - after that, PI carries me. I have class neck saved for that 80-85 range, if I don't need it then I use after third VTor. I use default latency settings.

Edit: the only rotational change I make is dropping MF slightly earlier. I find that trying to squeeze in MF at medium stacks (achievable with a good connection) starts delaying void bolt due to the extra spell cast, and sometimes it just won't cast at all. I drop it as soon as I see VB delayed as it seems to mess with spell queueing.
    Last edited by dmfg; 2016-10-31 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    I have a similar experience to Deja. I average 200-250ms and consistently reaching third VTor. I use a version of Twintop's bar and start reaching for SWD when my void bolt stops getting me out of yellow bar. I usually bank 2 SWD as long as I can just for that. Scariest bit is 80-85 stacks - after that, PI carries me. I have class neck saved for that 80-85 range, if I don't need it then I use after third VTor. I use default latency settings.

Edit: the only rotational change I make is dropping MF slightly earlier. I find that trying to squeeze in MF at medium stacks (achievable with a good connection) starts delaying void bolt due to the extra spell cast, and sometimes it just won't cast at all. I drop it as soon as I see VB delayed as it seems to mess with spell queueing.
    For me with packet loss, I queue spells but the game literally will not register my button presses until after I've already died. It's made the spec literally unplayable for me because I'll be perfectly fine one second at 50-75 Insanity then dead the next. So perhaps the OP is experiencing the same thing I am rather than just latency (since my latency is usually around 80ish).

I rarely get packet loss, but I think I know what you mean about the delay.

My experience is that if eg I press VB at 20 insanity, but my insanity drains to zero before the server confirms it, the VB won't go through and I see my char locked in instant casting animation for a split second before I die. I have never survived the bar turning red (less than 1gcd left).

My work around is just to never go below 0.5s remaining on VF (2x250ms). I SWD as needed for that and it's working out fine, but do bear in mind my gear is really good (38% haste, 22% crit) so I get a lot of spirits.

Edit: if you're getting intermittent lag spikes, I don't think there's anything you can do. If you're on wireless, try switching to an Ethernet cable? If my connection is really bad I sometimes raid on 4g tethering, the ping is pretty consistent on Vodafone.
    Last edited by dmfg; 2016-10-31 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    Edit: if you're getting intermittent lag spikes, I don't think there's anything you can do. If you're on wireless, try switching to an Ethernet cable? If my connection is really bad I sometimes raid on 4g tethering, the ping is pretty consistent on Vodafone.
    I'm currently on an ethernet connection. The router I have has Wi-Fi but if I switch to it, not only does my latency spike between 200-400ms, I get even worse packet loss. I could bypass it and connect to my modem directly but I have 10+ appliances in my house which rely on the internet and it's pretty inconvenient to be plugging and unplugging everything just to play WoW. Basically, my router is a steaming pile of shit and I need to replace it. I intend to do so when I can but unfortunately current circumstances have left me with my hands tied.