Poll: Has Halloween strayed too far from its tradition?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    Oh they do, must've started a couple of years ago.
    It usually involves girls dressing like sluts and a lot of alcohol, more like a dress-up party I guess, dno, never been to one as I said.
    Kids trick or treating must be more in the bigger cities though, never seen any of those.
    Yeah from what ive always known, the idea for Halloween is that you take kids (ages 5-15, ish) and take them door to door from 530 - 730 in the evening on Halloween night, to houses with the porch light on. Ring the bell, say "Trick or Treat!" and the person gives you candy.

The parties come from kids who have grown up and miss an excuse to dress up, but because the group is more 16-25+ crowd, girls wear less and less clothing and drink more and more.

why do people care about shit that doesn't have to do with them? I get more out of the holiday by watching scary movies then I do dressing up. Way cheaper and requires less effort.

Oh god, that poll is by far the scariest thing I've seen today.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with people slutting up their halloween costumes - because like any good pagan holiday - half the fun is the orgy afterwards

My only serious complaint about Halloween, is all the people who half-ass it. I'm sorry, but $20 at a dollar store for some package outfit is not a costume. L2cosplay Halloween noobs - costumes should take at least a month or two of thought and preparation and labor in your spare time.

If you're going to be a slutty witch, great - I love me some slutty witches - infact, the other 364 days need more slutty witches - just don't be a lazy slutty witch! Show some passion in your slutty witchness
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Since when are women dressing up skanky for Halloween a new thing? A good portion of women who dress for Halloween have always been doing this, at least as long as I've been alive, and I am almost 40. Also, saying Halloween is "defiled"...a basically pseudo holiday, where people decorate their yards like cemeteries or murder scenes to attract kids to come to their house to give them candy, while dressed up as something ridiculous or gory or slutty...that's a pretty ridiculous thing to say about Halloween.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Halloween is a bullshit dumb american commercial holiday. its meaningless, its just been appropriated for consumerism. You cant defile that which is already depraved.
    Aye, how dare people go out and have fun!

There is a reason that Halloween is spreading worldwide. It is fun unlike most of the spirits/ancestor remembrance days around the world.

I wonder how far would all the puritans want to go in curbing all those slutty dresses, some of them would seem to welcome something like this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mic-rules.html
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was a kid, not really my thing as an adult. That said, I'd prefer to see women walking around dressed in slutty outfits than people trying to actually be scary. =) From what I've seen around me though, few adults opt for costumes which are actually meant to try to scare anyone, it's just an excuse to dress up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfie1d View Post
    First world problems...
    We do live in the first world.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    People dressing up as slut and ruin my Halloween, I am just going to dress up as black leather suit Santa covered in blood with abomination jumped out of its stomach for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

I support sexy Holloween costumes.
    Looks more like Christmas to me.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Fixed that

Slutty ghost/demon is OK.

Slutty nurse/police/bunny however is not.

But what if you want to dress up like a succubus or concubine? They are supposed to be slutty demons

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    But what if you want to dress up like a succubus or concubine? They are supposed to be slutty demons
    My only complaint is that I feel Slutty Succubii possibly deserve their own holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    My only complaint is that I feel Slutty Succubii possibly deserve their own holiday?
    Did a Google image search for "Slutty Succubii".

Must now run CCleaner.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Did a Google image search for "Slutty Succubii".

Must now run CCleaner.
    My work here is done.

*Sponsored by CCleaner.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a Pagan, so I don't do anything on Samhain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Slutty Halloween costumes have been a thing for at least as long as I have been alive.

Sluttoween is one of the best days of the year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Sluttoween is one of the best days of the year
    Amen to this.

I honestly don't see the issue.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was a kid, not really my thing as an adult. That said, I'd prefer to see women walking around dressed in slutty outfits than people trying to actually be scary. =)
    There's every weekend on the high street to ogle them if that's what some people fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    A commercial holiday has been defiled? oh noes whatever will be do ....expect it was defiled from the get go....you know? it being a commercial holiday and all. Not gone pick any of the options as its a shit holiday.
    Most of the things people are labeling as commercial activities were already there e.g trick or treat,lanterns, guising, games and spooky outifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Why do you care? You act as if there's some kind of sanctity or order to it. It's an entirely commercial event with little to no spiritual value to anyone. And even if it does have spiritual value, that value is not in fucking dressing up as a werewolf.
    So seriously, why the hell do you care? Seems to be there are far more things worth complaining about than what people wear for freaking Halloween.
    Sacrilege !! These shambling masses are trampling on the ancient customs of my ancestors. There's plenty of other occasions to get drunk in silly outifts to blot out misery of their lives without dragging the rest of us into the gutter.

What next, Hannukah happy hour? Where the plebs dress up in sexy rabbi outfits while playing spin the bottle with a driedel before impaling themselves on a menorah where the candles are replaced with sex toys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post

Sacrilege !! These shambling masses are trampling on the ancient customs of my ancestors. There's plenty of other occasions to get drunk in silly outifts to blot out misery of their lives without dragging the rest of us into the gutter.

What next, Hannukah happy hour? Where the plebs dress up in sexy rabbi outfits while playing spin the bottle with a driedel before impaling themselves on a menorah where the candles are replaced with sex toys.
    Sounds fun - but maybe not for a week - how about we limit it to just one day of Hannukah?

If we do it on the first night then we can use the sex toy candles to drip hot wax on one another, but if we do it on the last night the candles will be out during the ritual impaling of the sex toys.

Hmmm, decisions... decisions...