Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Flame wreath trinket

So I just got this trinket "Arans relaxing ruby" in 865 from the shade of medivh paired with the chest from nightbane, and the damage on this trinket says 360k (280k without the chest). It does however crit 1.6m when I'm in RoP, which is insanely strong for aoe. On single target it did 20mil out of 200mil damage on a training dummy.. anyone else tried this trinket? It seems really good, especially for multi target fights. currently the damage doesn't show up in simcraft sadly
    Last edited by Nico3337; 2016-10-28 at 12:40 AM.

Does this trinket have any stats, or is it literally just the proc? On wowhead the trinket only lists the proc effect.

It also has mastery

Its very good. It was very close and sometimes better than my Sinew damage.

Very good trinket. Even for single target without the chest piece

Deleted
    Thats interesting, got a 870 sinew but still looking for a better than my 865 mana cracker, defo gonna add it to the list.

Out of my trinkets: 880 horrorslime, 885 unstable mana cracker, 865 Arans relaxing ruby and 885 bough of corruption the bough and Arans together gives me the best results, although it reminds me of the doom nova days... :-D

Got a 865 version on my hunter (Know this is the Mage forum), and this trinket is insanely strong in mythic+, did 17% of my overall damage in there

Yeah, in mythic+ it deals more damage than my dragons Breath ando I have the db helmet :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have that trinket too...but I don't use it, because I heard that anything without crit = useless for fire mage. So I'm using my 845 crit trinket over that one.

Or am I wrong?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I have that trinket too...but I don't use it, because I heard that anything without crit = useless for fire mage. So I'm using my 845 crit trinket over that one.

Or am I wrong?
    Very likely. Don't follow blanket advice blindly, try to use it to understand the WHY behind such simplifications - so you can stop using simplifications.

Here's another one: trinkets aren't just for stats, they also have effects. Be very thorough in examining trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Very likely. Don't follow blanket advice blindly, try to use it to understand the WHY behind such simplifications - so you can stop using simplifications.

Here's another one: trinkets aren't just for stats, they also have effects. Be very thorough in examining trinkets.
    Okay, well I'll plug that trinket into SimCraft (it was just recently added) and see what it spits out.

Just got a 880 titanforged one... Thing is absolute beeast. Hits for 1.5m on ST, but proc rate seems to be on the same levels as bough

I got an 870 one and replaced my horrible trinket from Elerathe, this thing is ridiculous. On vizaduun (only place I actually have played with it so far) it accounted for over 20% of my total damage done, a higher percentage of total damage done than anything else, including ignite (19%) or pyroblast (16%). Over 20 million damage over the course of the fight. This thing is very strong and it doesn't seem like it would be at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Okay, well I'll plug that trinket into SimCraft (it was just recently added) and see what it spits out.
    I recently picked up fire mage a couple weeks ago and was in the same boat as you when the trinket dropped. Looked at it, saw the lack of crit, stuffed it away in my bags. Saw some other forum posts about how much aoe damage it was doing and gave it a try. Holy moly this thing is strong. Very much recommend. No one can touch me in AoE in M+. Even on ST, it's doing anywhere between 5-15% of my damage. Just hold on to backups as you should expect this thing to get nerfed.

Logs from my Nyth Kill using 880 Flame Wreath reports/tnD1gdAjYXZFLhy6#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=13

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkaz View Post
    Logs from my Nyth Kill using 880 Flame Wreath reports/tnD1gdAjYXZFLhy6#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=13
    Holy shit that is INSANE.

I only have the 860 version; so I might test this on my raid tonight.... but I also have a 865 Sinew and 880 Plaguehive that I'm currently wanting to test raid numbers...

I suspect the 880 Plaguehive is stronger than the 860 Ruby... BUT in Mythic + runs the 860 Ruby pulls so much more numbers than the 880 Plaguehive.

Ugh, too many trinkets... The Bough of corruption is currently BIS as well but the Ruby is nowhere to be seen on Rinoa's guide.

I suspect the 880 Plaguehive is stronger than the 860 Ruby... BUT in Mythic + runs the 860 Ruby pulls so much more numbers than the 880 Plaguehive.
    Don't be so sure. My 875 Plaguehive feels weak in comparison to an 835 Devilsaur. :/

just got chest that buffs my 860 flame wreath trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzyb View Post
    I recently picked up fire mage a couple weeks ago and was in the same boat as you when the trinket dropped. Looked at it, saw the lack of crit, stuffed it away in my bags. Saw some other forum posts about how much aoe damage it was doing and gave it a try. Holy moly this thing is strong. Very much recommend. No one can touch me in AoE in M+. Even on ST, it's doing anywhere between 5-15% of my damage. Just hold on to backups as you should expect this thing to get nerfed.
    Tried it out for a dungeon.

Mother of god this thing is nuts. Especially with RoP + Combustion it crits like 1.2m.