Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    That's kind of by design. Our system of checks and balances ensures the President can't become a dictator. However, the President is still head of state and commander in chief, and has the power to nominate justices to the Supreme Court (although they must be approved by Congress, which is another check on the Executive Branch's powers.) Regardless of anything else, Trump is just simply not qualified for the position he's seeking. If he's actually serious about having a political career and this isn't just some publicity stunt that got way out of hand, I'd like to see him pursue state-level legislature or even governor positions first, to prove he's actually capable of being an effective politician.
    No offense but, that is a ridiculous thing to say about a man nearly 70 who did in fact secure a major party nomination. It's just so WEIRD how those of the left think that politics is some super secret science that can only be figured out through a lengthy career of corruption and ass kissing. It's not rocket surgery people. There was a group of people who vehemently, to a man, disagreed with your notion. We call them the Founding Fathers, and the system they envisioned was one of citizens leading the government, not the other way around.

That's kind of by design. Our system of checks and balances ensures the President can't become a dictator. However, the President is still head of state and commander in chief, and has the power to nominate justices to the Supreme Court (although they must be approved by Congress, which is another check on the Executive Branch's powers.) Regardless of anything else, Trump is just simply not qualified for the position he's seeking. If he's actually serious about having a political career and this isn't just some publicity stunt that got way out of hand, I'd like to see him pursue state-level legislature or even governor positions first, to prove he's actually capable of being an effective politician.
    Hillary Clinton would be the equivalent of a Truck driver who has crashed every single vehicle she has ever driven, and then uses the massive pile of burning wrecked vehicles as her 'experience' that qualifies her to drive an 18 wheeler.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I think the more compelling / interesting question as a fan of real journalism which is rare. Who will get the scared first interview with Hillary when shes behind bars?

We're not progressive enough yet for it to be a Man, so it will defiantly have to be a Woman.

Oprah?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, I did not miss it, as it falls in the same criteria, and which specific information did she do thus with? The general emails is not specific...
    Emails that are classified are all the specificity needed to put it before a judge. Pleas really aren't a tough deal to survive most motions before a judge. Anything classified going to Clinton would have a high probability of being related to the national defense given her position, so if even one is discovered, that's plenty to move forward with more discovery and a motion before a judge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    /facepalm

Comey himself said she was careless with sensitive information and deflected with "intent" not "there were no classified documents" so you're not even correct in your horrid misreading of the law or Comey's responses. Gowdy grilled him on negligence, not whether or not the emails were actually classified, because the known minimum of 1 classified document was already established. To determine if that document (or any of the other classified pieces) were pertaining to "national defense" as 793(f) requires, would necessitate a summary judgment by a federal judge if there were no factual disputes or a jury trial in a federal court.

That's that whole "finder of fact" I've said repeatedly... Comey isn't a judge or jury, nor is Lynch, or Gowdy, or anyone else that's been involved thus far. That's why the GOP position was to file the claims, present it before a judge, and see if it holds merit. All the speculation before hand amounts to nothing until that happens, regardless of what Comey states.

If this is your grand return to this point... /phew

Stop while you're only somewhat behind.
    Sure, I'll stop. As soon as you produce a single example of top secret email that was misused. You know, something that could have actually answered my question, instead if this diatribe. I'm fine with being behind, but I have a problem with you not catching me up. I asked a simple question... which top secret email did she do this with?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

No, big government isn't authoritarianism. There's a huge difference between a regulated state, a "nanny state", and an authoritarian state. You could probably argue they're all on the same side of the X axis on the political spectrum, but they're in substantially different places along the Y axis.
    Big government can't be anything but authoritarian even if it uses soft power and projection to get its way. In America the very pretense of our choices and liberties is enough to remove the need for active hard power authoritarianism, we've been looking at this since the end of WWII and it's only now as the volume of information in the digital age reaches uncontrollable status that people are being confronted with it.

There's no difference in America, as they meet at ground zero in Washington and spread from the same root. It doesn't matter where they are on the Y axis, it matters where the root is. Freedom if we allow it, choice if we approve of it is the mark of authoritarianism.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

I don't like either, but to claim that Trump is remotely qualified, as she is... is objectively false... just because we have 2 real choices and it's objectively clear which is more competent, doesn't mean I like her. It just means I'm pragmatic...
    Your rebuttal is completely off the topic and out of context but, ok sure, you disagree. I personally think running a business is harder than running a government, as evidenced by the fact many business persons have been successful at politics, with around zero instances of the opposite. Hillary has only ever ran two things in her entire life, and it's clear that she made a pretty big mess out of both, and showed no ability to keep the business of each separate. Trump is an asshole for any number of reasons. But to say his resume is not good enough for president, when the sitting president never had ran anything in his life, is a bit rich. It is in fact an executive position they are running for, after all.

Also, you aren't pragmatic. Your vote was never in doubt. Get real.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2016-11-01 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Emails that are classified are all the specificity needed to put it before a judge. Pleas really aren't a tough deal to survive most motions before a judge. Anything classified going to Clinton would have a high probability of being related to the national defense given her position, so if even one is discovered, that's plenty to move forward with more discovery and a motion before a judge.
    Dude, just link one of these emails. You answered two posts asking for it, but none contained it. Honestly, catch me up, link me the email... obviously I am not aware of one existing...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Sure, I'll stop. As soon as you produce a single example of top secret email that was misused. You know, something that could have actually answered my question, instead if this diatribe. I'm fine with being behind, but I have a problem with you not catching me up. I asked a simple question... which top secret email did she do this with?
    Emails marked "classified" were found on the unsecured server. Done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like either, but to claim that Trump is remotely qualified, as she is... is objectively false... just because we have 2 real choices and it's objectively clear which is more competent, doesn't mean I like her. It just means I'm pragmatic...
    It's funny most conservatives, even the ones dumb enough to vote for Trump, don't have anything positive to say about him whatsoever. Just false equivalencies.

"Sure he's a self-admitted rapist, a failed businessman who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and brags about wanting to fuck his own daughter, and yeah he's openly a Russian shill, but Hillary might have used the wrong e-mail. #Dump2016"

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Dude, just link one of these emails. You answered two posts asking for it, but none contained it. Honestly, catch me up, link me the email... obviously I am not aware of one existing...
    Wait you want ME to produce a specific email the FBI reported to having found...? That's what you want? Holy shit... if I could just crack the FBI database like that I'd let you guys know how they're doing on the current investigation!

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    It's funny most conservatives, even the ones dumb enough to vote for Trump, don't have anything positive to say about him whatsoever. Just false equivalencies.

"Sure he's a self-admitted rapist, a failed businessman who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and brags about wanting to fuck his own daughter, and yeah he's openly a Russian shill, but Hillary was using the wrong e-mail. #Dump2016"

Hyperbole will do you no good my friend. Although that was funny I'll give you that. Fighting fire with fire just makes more fire - Roberto

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Your rebuttal is completely off the topic and out of context but, ok sure, you disagree. I personally think running a business is harder than running a government, as evidenced by the fact many business persons have been successful at politics, with around zero instances of the opposite. Hillary has only ever ran two things in her entire life, and it's clear that she made a pretty big mess out of both, and showed no ability to keep the business of each separate. Trump is an asshole for any number of reasons. But to say his resume is not good enough for president, when the sitting president never had ran anything in his life, is a bit rich. It is in fact an executive position they are running for, after all.
    Running a business is the antithesis of running a country. Every metric used in one, does not work in the other. In fact, many metrics that wouldn't help a business, would be a sign of success for a country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    No offense but, that is a ridiculous thing to say about a man nearly 70 who did in fact secure a major party nomination. It's just so WEIRD how those of the left think that politics is some super secret science that can only be figured out through a lengthy career of corruption and ass kissing. It's not rocket surgery people. There was a group of people who vehemently, to a man, disagreed with your notion. We call them the Founding Fathers, and the system they envisioned was one of citizens leading the government, not the other way around.
    Things were a lot simpler when we only had 13 colonies-into-states, too. A lot of fewer people voting, a lot fewer candidates. I'm not sure why people keep citing the Founding Fathers as though it's holy writ. There were many things the Founding Fathers believed in or were okay with that we recognize today as being ethically questionable at best. I mean, even George Washington was okay with slavery.

Trump secured the nomination because the GOP candidates were just that bad. I mean, who was he seriously up against? Ben Carson? Ted Cruz? They're both fools. Jeb Bush? Didn't he enter the arena way too late to make a difference, well past the point that people were rallying behind Trump because Carson and Cruz were just that fucking awful?

Experience in politics is pretty fucking important. Foreign leaders and dignitaries are going to be a lot more comfortable interacting with a known quantity than some random conman with a questionable hairstyle and bright orange skin.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Seriously Felya, the Wikipedia page doesn't even shy away from the fact they found both "Secret" and "Top Secret" information on the server:

"FBI Director James Comey identified 110 emails as containing information that was classified at the time it was sent, including 65 emails deemed "Secret" and 22 deemed "Top Secret.""

Reality is a helluva drug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Emails marked "classified" were found on the unsecured server. Done.
    This is getting silly... no, they were not... Done? 'Cmon...

10+ Year Old Account
    if I could just crack the FBI database like that I'd let you guys know how they're doing on the current investigation!
    That would be awesome, most US citizens would love to know why Dump has a direct connection to Russia that only criminals use to hide their illegal activities.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Running a business is the antithesis of running a country. Every metric used in one, does not work in the other. In fact, many metrics that wouldn't help a business, would be a sign of success for a country.
    Let's challenge that!

One metric of business is keeping costs low, while maximizing results. Please tell me how that does not apply to government.

Let's do these one by one; we can make a day of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Hillary Clinton would be the equivalent of a Truck driver who has crashed every single vehicle she has ever driven, and then uses the massive pile of burning wrecked vehicles as her 'experience' that qualifies her to drive an 18 wheeler.
    What? Which "vehicles" has she crashed? People love to bring up things like Benghazi and assert that Clinton was behind all kinds of terrible things, but absolutely none of these assertions have any actual evidence to support them.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    That would be awesome, most US citizens would love to know why Dump has a direct connection to Russia that only criminals use to hide their illegal activities.
    Matter of time.