Page 1 of 2
LastLast

NEW ancient mana blue color is hard to see in the mini-map ................

why blizz changed it from yellow to blue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo82 View Post
    So you don't confuse it with herbs or mining nodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    They changed it because it was easier to change that, than changing all the gathering professions who's dot is yellow as well.

But as so, the new dot colour for me, is so much better and so much easier to see among all the yellow ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty View Post
    Or fish....
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    hard to see? no its absolutly fine to see. QoL change that was!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty View Post
    I haven't been in Suramar much since the patch, but if they did change it... yippee!

I usually resorted to mousing over the nodes, but this will be much more convenient.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted
    Personally speaking, I think it's one of the best QoL changes made since legion launch.
    Use to be annoying as hell on gathering or fishing toons, especially when you are in a densely packed mana node area like the underground ones. At least now I can instant see if it's a gather or a mana

Deleted
    i agree with it being a great change, find it much better than having them the same colour as every other node on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i agree with it being a great change, find it much better than having them the same colour as every other node on the map.
    Me too this was a great change add in if I had my hunter tracking on my whole mini map was yellow dots it was frustrating.
    Now if I want to complain the best area to farm it is underwater in suramar as lots of it is there. Problem is the ground is bluish purple and so are the mana nodes. Annoying as hell to find wish they were another color.

Deleted
    Now one could only wish they would add customization options.. so I could give my own colours to each node type on my minimap...
    But I guess that would be too advanced.

I preferred it all being the same colour as I was going after herbs and ancient mana. I find the blue harder to see sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Personally speaking, I think it's one of the best QoL changes made since legion launch.
    Use to be annoying as hell on gathering or fishing toons, especially when you are in a densely packed mana node area like the underground ones. At least now I can instant see if it's a gather or a mana
    i mean... if you didnt want mana, you could have just clicked off the buff that makes it appear on the map. now if you were looking for mana instead of gathering... well, you could always turn off tracking as well. could be a bit annoying, but not really that big of a deal.

i personally feel like its a bit harder to notice, but not so much that its really bothersome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    i mean... if you didnt want mana, you could have just clicked off the buff that makes it appear on the map. now if you were looking for mana instead of gathering... well, you could always turn off tracking as well. could be a bit annoying, but not really that big of a deal.

i personally feel like its a bit harder to notice, but not so much that its really bothersome.
    Sometimes if I'm in a hurry, I will only go for the mana nodes right near me, where as gathering I always gather be it on herb or mining alts. So cancelling buff won't help me there , and the colour change is a quick way to see if to skip or to go to it
    It's a nice change, this is literally the first time I've heard someone moan about it, anyone I've spoken to in game loved the change too

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Now one could only wish they would add customization options.. so I could give my own colours to each node type on my minimap...
    But I guess that would be too advanced.
    Ha why would Blizzard ever do that for you?! It would just give you freedom and therefore nerf the painfull content in the game
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

As someone who's already exalted with that faction, I don't care if I never loot an AM again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo82 View Post
    OP - are you by any chance colorblind? If it appears as a grey or a faded blue, you might be. That blue is close to shades to which some people are colorblind. If you are, see this post: https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...lor-blind-mode

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a fantastic change.

When I drag out my gathering ALT all I used to see is yellow dots everywhere. (herb fish ore mana) Now the blue sticks out so I do not have to mouse over every item.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    As someone who's already exalted with that faction, I don't care if I never loot an AM again
    Some of us are still doing it for the withered( crackhead) training even though exalted. And I know you'll ask why? Because some of us want all the toys(9 of them), pets(2) ,and finally the fox mount(one of best looking mounts added to game in a long time). Some of us are collectors after all. I have 820 unique pets, 274 toys , and 282 mounts.

@Jewsco, I see you like Lindsey Stirling too! I'm a fan of hers, love her music. Have you checked out Taylor Davis? She's excellent also.

On Topic:
    My main is a Shaman so my dot is blue on the map. When my husband plays with me and we get separated he'll start running toward the blue dot and then he'll yell, Ok, put your hat on so I can find you. I wear the green bikini and he the orange condom. It works rather well in a large crowd. Needless to say, he's not a big fan of the blue dot.

Deleted
    I agree! It has to be changed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Safhira View Post
    @Jewsco, I see you like Lindsey Stirling too! I'm a fan of hers, love her music. Have you checked out Taylor Davis? She's excellent also.

On Topic:
    My main is a Shaman so my dot is blue on the map. When my husband plays with me and we get separated he'll start running toward the blue dot and then he'll yell, Ok, put your hat on so I can find you. I wear the green bikini and he the orange condom. It works rather well in a large crowd. Needless to say, he's not a big fan of the blue dot.
    Why yes she is very good too. Glad to hear someone else knows who they are