Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I know am gonna get burned by Blizzard fanboys but yes the content in Legion isn't a lot and not what promised.
    People disagreeing or pointing you are wrong does not make them a fanboy. If it does, then what are you?

So they just build an algorythm and they are having less dungeons, raid bosses than ever before, they just have different difficulties.

I just get annoyed by people saying that Legion has so much content. IT DOESN'T. It just has more repeats than any previous versions of the game.
    What I am reading is, is not there are less content, there are less content that you like. Meaning, less dungeons and raid bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I can say that legion lacks, is my interest in leveling an alt....

Deleted
    For some it offers what they need, for me it no longer offers much. Farming AP and mythic + isn't something to keep me logging in, I only log for raids, but EN has been one of the more boring raids for me personally. I just dislike raids that look much the same through and through. BRF, HFC, EN... Meh. Last raid I actually liked in terms of looks and all was Highmaul.

Also adding 5 man content isn't going to motivate me to log on either, as a tank, tanking 5 man content is the most boring thing I've done in a long time. Mobs either hit too hard, so you need to constantly kite (Unless you are a warrior lol), or you just sit there aoeing like a DPS while waiting the actual DPS to relieve you of the boredom of being there and feeling unchallenged.

I'd enjoy tanking way more if threat was still a thing, but it isn't not unless you are in a raid and other tank has less gear than you.

I know am gonna get burned by Blizzard fanboys but yes the content in Legion isn't a lot and not what promised.

Its just ITERATED content.

So they just build an algorythm and they are having less dungeons, raid bosses than ever before, they just have different difficulties.

The issue with that is that people get burned through that content, lets see how long people will like to repeat mythic+ for.

Also 7.1 so far has not a lot of things in it, I am waiting for that 3 boss raid filler and then the main raid. Karazhan was a very good example of what content looks like and was actually iterated content but very well done and enjoyable.

I just get annoyed by people saying that Legion has so much content. IT DOESN'T. It just has more repeats than any previous versions of the game.

Edit: To all the people triggered am not saying that Legion is bad, its prolly much better than the past 3 expansions, I am just saying that content wise wise it doesnt have more than other xpacs or much more than "wod", it just iterates smartly through its content.
    How much could it really be lacking content if it's better than the last 3 expansions? Can you compare it to the others to show that there is "less?" For me, there was literally nothing worth doing outside of Garrisons and raids in WoD. In MOP, there wasn't even garrisons (unless you count the farm). There were dailies that weren't worth doing and raids. They released Timeless Isle near the end, but that was done after a couple weeks.

What other expansion had more meaningful, rewarding content than Legion? I just don't get it. I find myself always with something to do in Legion, which has NEVER been the case since maybe TBC. And TBC was only that way because everything took so long, that you didn't run out of things to do. Who cares if Legion has "repeats" as long as they are fun and rewarding? I haven't done M+ as much as some people, but I haven't gotten tired of it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    Guess you didn't understand the main point i was trying to make,i will be more clear

The content that people consider relevant is only relevant because blizz made it in to an rng fest that you need to farm to get titanforged (or an infinite grind with the AP), this creates an illusion of content because the rewards are minimal, but they are still there so players have an incentive to do all these things that give them little progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess you didn't understand the main point i was trying to make,i will be more clear

The content that people consider relevant is only relevant because blizz made it in to an rng fest that you need to farm to get titanforged (or an infinite grind with the AP), this creates an illusion of content because the rewards are minimal, but they are still there so players have an incentive to do all these things that give them little progression.
    RNG does provide longevity, but to claim that the content is only relevant because of RNG is simply false. I understood your point, I even adressed it:

"Mythic+ is content and rewards you with extremely rlevant gear. If you do a +10 mythic, the gear will be worth it, even if does not titanforge."

Needless to say that this also applies to heroic raids and mythic raids. And even normal raids if you dont play that much. Item base levels matter, if you want to be sure to get a reward, go after the content that it´s base ilvl reward you with an upgrade.

Not only that, but a lot of people do the content for *gasp* fun! Not for gear.

So my statement still stands, you dont get to decide the content that is relevant to other people.

And you may say whatever you like, but 10 dungeons + kara (and the mythic + system), Wq, Class campaigns and 2 raids is hardly an illusion. It's content.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And the only reason for that was poor design, not how much content there was. If you need to spend a month just go get geared (due to awful itemization and lack of alternative gearing routes), and attuned for Karazhan, that is not "more content", that is a huge cockblock before you can even enter the raid. And then the 10->25 man jump killed half the guilds on every realm.

You can easily screw around with arbitrary numbers for BC and say "Oh it had 4 different dungeon hubs with identical assets, a bunch of 1-2 boss raids to inflate the numbers, and the difficulty of BC came from logistics and not execution".

How are peoples memory of BC this warped...
    That's because of the shit-ton of attunements that people had to go through. People complain about iteration in this expansion? Looks like they haven't played TBC...
    I was talking about month of progression beginning when you started karazhan (after karazhan you were typically progressing at a pace of one new boss per week, and it laster a few month). Also yeah it took like 1 month before being able to raid, but it was ok as it was time spent doing relevant dungeons. Furthermore, while it's true dungeons had common visuals themes, they were very much distincts from each others. Botanica was nothing like arcatraz or the mechanaar, Settek halls was nothing like the mana tombs, hellfire ramparts was nothing like the shattered halls or the blood furnace.

You re talking about attunements, but they were actually faster to do than the legions attuments, as they were effort based and not time gated as in legion. Most people were attuned when they did hit 70 provided they took the time to run normals dungeons a few time (you only needed honored rep for heroic dungeons, I never understood why people complained about that as personally I was honored with most factions before even hitting 70).

Back in TBC you could raid (please notice I m talking about raiding, not the pre raiding step which took time) each evening 7 days a week and still have something new to do (eg not rehashed content with mobs slightly more difficult than before, like in mythic +) after a few months.

You can easily screw around with arbitrary numbers for BC and say "Oh it had 4 different dungeon hubs with identical assets, a bunch of 1-2 boss raids to inflate the numbers, and the difficulty of BC came from logistics and not execution".
    Yeah right

How are peoples memory of BC this warped...
    My memory are fine thank you. But if you want I can provide you with the down timeline of raiding content back in TBC to refresh yours.

Also, just based on the sheer number of dungeons and raids, there was far more content than in legion.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-11-01 at 01:20 PM.

The issue with that is that people get burned through that content, lets see how long people will like to repeat mythic+ for.

Also 7.1 so far has not a lot of things in it, I am waiting for that 3 boss raid filler and then the main raid. Karazhan was a very good example of what content looks like and was actually iterated content but very well done and enjoyable.

Edit: To all the people triggered am not saying that Legion is bad, its prolly much better than the past 3 expansions, I am just saying that content wise wise it doesnt have more than other xpacs or much more than "wod", it just iterates smartly through its content.
    This is basically objectively completely wrong. Like nothing in this post is correct.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    RNG does provide longevity, but to claim that the content is only relevant because of RNG is simply false. I understood your point, I even adressed it:

"Mythic+ is content and rewards you with extremely rlevant gear. If you do a +10 mythic, the gear will be worth it, even if does not titanforge."

Needless to say that this also applies to heroic raids and mythic raids. And even normal raids if you dont play that much. Item base levels matter, if you want to be sure to get a reward, go after the content that it´s base ilvl reward you with an upgrade.

Not only that, but a lot of people do the content for *gasp* fun! Not for gear.

So my statement still stands, you dont get to decide the content that is relevant to other people.

And you may say whatever you like, but 10 dungeons + kara (and the mythic + system), Wq, Class campaigns and 2 raids is hardly an illusion. It's content.
    ok i will change one thing it's not illusion of content, my bad, it's illusion of meaningful progression, if you enjoy doing the content good for you nothing wrong with that, but legion does not offer meaningful char progression along side content.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Only thing I can say that legion lacks, is my interest in leveling an alt....
    I started playing this game in February of 2005 and I didn't create an alt until like 6 months into TBC, because I had so much to accomplish on my main in Vanilla. Alts are largely a function of boredom. Most people play alts because there's nothing meaningful to do on their main outside of raids. Legion addressed that issue.

- - - Updated - - -

ok i will change one thing it's not illusion of content, my bad, it's illusion of meaningful progression, if you enjoy doing the content good for you nothing wrong with that, but legion does not offer meaningful char progression along side content.
    How is upgrading your gear and artifact not meaningful progression?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    -Vanilla
    Wow, no content other than raid and grind for raid wtf blizz pls fix, also alts are impossible I have to gear up and take them to 60 blizz fix!!
    And pvp is imba shit.
    -TBC
    Wow, no content other than raid, dailies and grind for raid wtf blizz pls fix, also alts are impossible I have to gear up and take them to 70 and grind reps and dungeons and dailies blizz fix!!
    And pvp is imba shit.
    -Wrath
    Wow, no content other than raid, dailies and grind for raid wtf blizz pls fix, also alts are impossible I have to gear up and take them to 80 and grind reps and dungeons blizz fix!!
    And pvp is imba shit.
    -Cata
    Wow, no content other than raid, dailies and grind for raid wtf blizz pls fix, also alts are impossible I have to gear up and take them to 85 and do all zones blizz fix!!
    And pvp is imba shit.
    I miss vanilla world.
    -MoP
    Wow, no content other than dailies, raid, dailies and grind for raid wtf blizz pls fix, also alts are impossible I have to gear up and take them to 90 and do dailies blizz fix!!
    And pvp is imba shit.
    I hate kong fu panda
    -WoD
    Wow, no content other than raid, filling the bar, fecesbook game and grind for raid wtf blizz pls fix, also alts are impossible I have to gear up and grind garrison!! P2W!!!
    And pvp is imba shit.
    -Legion
    Wow, no content other than raid, reskinned dailies, fecesbook game and grind for raid wtf blizz pls fix, also alts are impossible I have to gear up and grind AKs!! P2W!!!
    And pvp is imba shit.

Deleted
    gear progression =/= content progression.

You can give player all the gear progression of the universe, if that gear progression isn't tied to meaningful content progression (eg a steady flow of new, non rehashed content) then it is meaningless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I started playing this game in February of 2005 and I didn't create an alt until like 6 months into TBC, because I had so much to accomplish on my main in Vanilla. Alts are largely a function of boredom. Most people play alts because there's nothing meaningful to do on their main outside of raids. Legion addressed that issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the content offer a very tinny bit of progression for the time put in, due to the rng loot element titanforge bulshit.

I understand what the OP is saying. I believe Legion has more content, but it is not leaps and bounds over the others.. but I think the difference is the content that is there is utilized well. For Example, Dungeons do not because irrelevant due to the scaling difficulty (and reward) of the system. WQ may die down but there always seems to be a few worth doing that rewards AP, Resources, or profession items (yay Herbs). Those new systems added on top of the classic end game of PvP and Raiding.. creates a system that I personally am enjoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    My time has gotten pretty precious to me. I used to have so much time on my hands that in WotLK I had one of every class at max level and at raid entry gear level. In cata was the same but I only had leveled 5 classes and Mop and WoD only leveled 3.

I guess with the Artifact Power I would rather spend my time playing my main and collecting the AP on him then playing an Alt. (Also currently I still have yet to receive a legendary and my friend got his first on his 92 mage alt. Would absolutely HATE ​if that happened to me.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post

You can give player all the gear progression of the universe, if that gear progression isn't tied to meaningful content progression (eg a steady flow of new, non rehashed content) then it is meaningless.
    wow thanks mate, that exactly what i was trying to say but never found the right word, really thanks

I'd agree that mythic+ does not count as more content, and in fact is exactly more of the same of what people - especially raiding guilds - have complained is fueling burnout. It's the worst parts of Diablo they could have ported over. Redoing the same content, but a little tougher, ad infinitum is brain-meltingly agonizing.

It's the reason servers that don't have larger populations have endless cycles of "never quite being good" - you don't have enough people available to recruit an all-star raid roster, so you end up with a mediocre one. A mediocre one takes longer to do the content, and people fully realize they're just doing difficulty level 2, then 3, then 4 of a fight they already learned to beat once. Then they quit and you have to recruit a new mediocre player.

Mythic+ is just more of that, and like the entire achievement system, they've managed to convince players they've added vast swathes of content when they actually just added a thumbs up for doing the old content again. Drives me crazy to see people go nuts for this stuff when they were actually given nothing.

Most of the content offer a very tinny bit of progression for the time put in, due to the rng loot element titanforge bulshit.
    That's better than zero progression...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post

How do you expect Blizzard to keep up with consumption of new, original content short of releasing a new dungeon or quests every single week? You're basically saying that unless they can do the impossible, progression is meaningless, which is idiotic.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    How can you say this without completing a Mythic+ 15 in time?
    How can you say this without capping out prestige ranks?
    How can you say this without reaching 54 traits on all of your specs?

I could go on, just quit wow, please. Like really, Warlords had a lot less content, there is so much shit to do in Legion i'm struggling to maintain a main character whilst raiding 3 nights a week, herbs still cost a fair bit and the compulsive need to farm AP is something I can't not do without feeling behind. If you're feeling like there is nothing for you to do, you probably don't want to do any of the content they are offering, just don't play it then. Hell, I haven't done a single mount farm since legion was released lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'd agree that mythic+ does not count as more content, and in fact is exactly more of the same of what people - especially raiding guilds - have complained is fueling burnout. It's the worst parts of Diablo they could have ported over. Redoing the same content, but a little tougher, ad infinitum is brain-meltingly agonizing.

It's the reason servers that don't have larger populations have endless cycles of "never quite being good" - you don't have enough people available to recruit an all-star raid roster, so you end up with a mediocre one. A mediocre one takes longer to do the content, and people fully realize they're just doing difficulty level 2, then 3, then 4 of a fight they already learned to beat once. Then they quit and you have to recruit a new mediocre player.

Mythic+ is just more of that, and like the entire achievement system, they've managed to convince players they've added vast swathes of content when they actually just added a thumbs up for doing the old content again. Drives me crazy to see people go nuts for this stuff when they were actually given nothing.
    It drives me crazy to see people cry about replayability of dungeons when one of the biggest concerns was how easily outdated they got?
    The only way to satisfy you seems to release 10 dungeons a month.

Redoing content has been a part of MMO's since the first one was released. If you don't like this, then maybe you should stop playing MMO.

What else do you want from dungeons?
    You get gear (that doesn't outdate), artifact power and later down the line a skin for your weapon.

Mythic + was made for ppl who enjoy 5 man content. Replayability is always a thing no matter what you do.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2016-11-01 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does. Artifact power is relevant character progression as I stated before:

"The artifact gets even better with the paragon trait, so no, there is still a power bump to acquire by the end of the 34 traits. And it´s a huge upgrade. Not to mention that having you artifact maxed out makes a hell of a difference."

Not only that, but gear from heroic/mythic raids and Mythic + do provide progression, and a meaningful one, and I'm only considering the base item lvl.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines