Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    And if you had continued to read even just 1 or 2 posts down you'd see that I did "go deeper"

Not really interested in going into the psychology of the social structures in WoW and guilds but let's just say there is a dichotomy that exists in guilds that claim to be "social" whilst requiring a totalitarian form of leadership to exist and function and carry out take or accomplish goals in game. Also guilds who claim to be "social" and a group of friends end up dealing with 2 separate problems. (1) is anonymity and whether or not real relationships are being forged when you don't really know the other people (2) are the cliques that tend to form even within the "social" we love and treat everyone equally.

The bottom line is power corrupts, and the raiding world is typically led by narcissistic to borderline narcissistic individuals and exists because codependency demands it. The vast majority of interactions in the game are actually very antisocial experiences.
    Why all that may be true if ones whole "fun" is being had at the expense and annoimnet of others it can't come as a shock the group will eventually get sick of it. Being the annoying little gnat has a shelf life.

The best part of this thread, which most people missed, is when "Titmeister" mentions he's turning 27 and should probably start becoming an adult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using toys of any sort is usually not acceptable by most guilds during raid encounters. Some don't even allow transformation toys. Personally, I don't see the point in using toys outside of basic transformations, like Leyara's Locket which is the one I use most and I barely use it. That's why character creation and transmog are a thing, so you can personalize your default character model, having a constant appearance can help with in-the-moment identification of mistakes (players out of position, attacking wrong target..).

Swapblast has a direct impact on another player, even if he's a really good friend, using it on him has a big chance to distract him from what he was doing or make him react to something that shouldn't happen in the first place. I found it extremely dumb to impact someone else directly, be more communicative (you said you barely spoke on VoIP), join the fun by chatting with people. Being the clown of the group is the hardest role to play because it is very easy to lose track of what you should and shouldn't do.

Regarding the Officer reply here, if what he said is true, I'm even less surprised and the "be more communicative" also needs to become "communicate better". I find it funny that someone who was absent replied here, sure there is someone with a more valid stand point on the issue, but hey, at least he was honest.

All in all, I've been loyal to all 3 guilds I've had in the past 11 years, I made good and great friends in all of them, had my fill of good times and memories. Look at a guild as a sub-community of the game, one where you'll have a bigger impact, become an active part of it if you wish to go far with them. Respect above all, Swapblaster is a great way to fail at this, imo.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    If you keep doing something annoying, people will get annoyed at you. This has consequences. Someone incapable of understanding that should, indeed, instantly leave the guild. You'd be doing everyone a favor.

Adding onto this -

Just because you can say something mean in real life, doesn't mean you won't face consequences. I see idiots shouting "Wtf this is free speech we're on the internet! Blizzard can't ban me because I say I hate blacks! It's free speech!" Nope.

That doesn't work online and it definitely doesn't work in real life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    The best part of this thread, which most people missed, is when "Titmeister" mentions he's turning 27 and should probably start becoming an adult.
    If there was a preface to the OP, that said" 27 year old named 'Titmeister' kicked from guild for using swapblaster", this thread would not be 500 posts deep. Lmfao

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenpt View Post
    Some don't even allow transformation toys.
    LOL, such fail guilds they must be. This game really needs an ingame equivalent of the USA, one that liberates guilds from their overly oppressive dictatorial leaderships.

This is a brilliant topic

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    LOL, such fail guilds they must be. This game really needs an ingame equivalent of the USA, one that liberates guilds from their overly oppressive dictatorial leaderships.
    You mean overreaching hypocrites? Those exist already.

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    I just got kicked from my guild. I was one of the first members ever to join. Stuck by them for 3 years or so. Raided with them, near 100% attendancy 2 days a week, performing in the 80% bracket, cleared my schedule to be able to. It was fun, we had good laughs, I was loyal, and expected that to be mutual.

Tonight we raided. I performed. And one of my things is the swapblaster. Makes the whole raid laugh. I dont use it excessively. 2-3 times, usually once at ursoc and once at elreth, keeps the raid on their toes. I even had a free pass on normal raids to use it, as long as i didnt use it during progression raids.
    Apparently, it wasn't as funny as you imagined it was, especially since you needed permission to use it. Maybe people were getting tired of it, and you, "Titmeister".

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You quoted my words, completely unable to understand the most important thing of it and went straight to "if it's annoying, it's annoying. Suffer the consequences.". But how shit one has to be to actually be annoyed by "pew pew lasers"? I'm not saying about real life things. I'm specifically focused on virtual world here.
    If they got annoyed at that they probably fucking hate the person that said it already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Basically, yes, this is the way it is.

I had a lengthy discussion about this in another thread a while back, and this really is the nature of "WoW Friends" and other such relationships. These aren't real friends, these aren't real relationships, these are barely even "real people" in a certain sense. So no, you shouldn't worry about being too loyal to them, because they're not going to be all that loyal to you. You're a class, item level and set of logs to most people and as soon as you're not valuable to their pursuit of further progression and/or loot you'll be kicked to the wayside and some other "friend" brought on board.

Yes, there are exceptions, but most of them revolve around people who already know each other in person or who later meet in person. But those are very, very much the exceptions.

It's why I always say that I'm not out to make silly friends in WoW, I reserve that concept for people that I actually know in the real world. Not people who only are as loyal to me as I am valuable to them in-game.
    That's not always the case. Half my guild flew in for my wedding in 2008. We meet up every couple years for dinner and shit still. You get out of it exactly how much you put into it.

That being said, FUCK that swapblaster. We had to put our foot down and say you can only do it on trash during farm content. Or during breaks. It was far worse in MOP when druids had access to grip. People would jump in the lava, grip you while afk and jump out.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2016-11-01 at 02:57 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Your guild officers or whatever sound like they have a huge bug up their ass if their reason to kick an expansion long raider is over swapblaster and a light hearted racy greeting. I don't think your reaction was unjust rather the officers to bench you over that is completely retarded in any context. Swapblasting in normal... who even gets upset over that? Normal is a joke, thats like the shoot the shit night where you get drunk and fuck around getting 100 stacks on cenarius. I think there's more to it but it definitely sounds like someone has it out for you and wanted any excuse to fuck you over. Bitch move to kick someone while they're offline instead of talking about it. Also you probably didn't make good friends with the right people otherwise they would be a lot more hesitant to kick you. I've known plenty of guilds and have been in guilds that split apart due to egos, like class officers feeling threatened, and powertripping where the GM and the retarded officers unjustly kick someone they don't like and then they lose half their core over it.

I experienced the exact opposite of OP. I was one of the 10 original signers of this guild I was in. During MoP we didn't raid much until SoO. We were going on for a few weeks doing OK, but not blazing through. Then one day when some of our guildies couldn't make it, raid leader invited a friend to fill a spot. Things were going ok until norushen (sp?). We wiped a few times, and then because this one new guy decided we weren't going to progress farther start pulling trash we'd left up, pulled the boss early, and just shenanigans. After dying 3 times because of his shit, I called him an asshole for wasting our time. A bunch of guildies thought I called them assholes even though they hadn't done anything. After that I got kicked and the guild kinda fell apart. I've always felt that was silly because of that one dude deciding to do something he thought would make the whole raid laugh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    wtf is a swapblaster? :<
    Cancer that leads to dumb things :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That's not always the case. Half my guild flew in for my wedding in 2008. We meet up every couple years for dinner and shit still. You get out of it exactly how much you put into it.

That being said, FUCK that swapblaster. We had to put our foot down and say you can only do it on trash during farm content. Or during breaks. It was far worse in MOP when druids had access to grip. People would jump in the lava, grip you while afk and jump out.
    Xhul'horac bridge and Kormrok lava.
    Blackhand elevator (well timed swapblast could d/c someone)

Depends on the atmosphere of your guild though. Mine never had a ban on the item but you clearly wouldn't do it to everyone. You'd swapblast your close friends during loot or something, never while actually trying to progress or complete things in a timely fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    I just got kicked from my guild. I was one of the first members ever to join. Stuck by them for 3 years or so. Raided with them, near 100% attendancy 2 days a week, performing in the 80% bracket, cleared my schedule to be able to. It was fun, we had good laughs, I was loyal, and expected that to be mutual.

Tonight we raided. I performed. And one of my things is the swapblaster. Makes the whole raid laugh. I dont use it excessively. 2-3 times, usually once at ursoc and once at elreth, keeps the raid on their toes. I even had a free pass on normal raids to use it, as long as i didnt use it during progression raids. It didnt slow the raid down as it was always aimed at a dps (usually someone being too loudmouthed) and always during a waiting period (waiting for RC Lootcouncil to finish distributing)

Last night they decided to bench me for the next progression raid because i used a swapblaster during a normal gearing raid (which i was given permission to do). So i said in guildchat that it was BS to bench me for something i was told i could do, and that i wasnt gonna raid ever again if thats the case. And i got guildkicked while being offline.

After 3 years of loyal attendancy, the time i spend with the guild and what i thought were friends i made, i get kicked over the use of a swapblaster.

Its funny though. What does this say about "online friends"? About guilds? Loyalty? I always thought they were real. Untill today. Now i understand my loyalty to people half way cross the ocean is worth fuckall, nomatter how nice and dandy you play together while it lasts. It feels weird, like i wasted the last 3 years of my life on them. Why bother with another guild?

Thoughts?

Edit:
    One of the officers responded to this thread on post 208. He is the officer that told me i could use it. And he wasnt there that particular raid and that evening i got kicked. Claiming im a racist (because i open Discord with "hello my niggahs") and that i harrassed people in guild. When in reality, i barely speak during raids and the only one truely harrassing people "go learn your fucking class blabla" was made officer.

Needless to say, take that as you will.
    Always two sides to the story and the fact you come here to make a post about it shows you probably always try to seek attention and probably come off annoying in guild events so its not surprising they kicked you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Why all that may be true if ones whole "fun" is being had at the expense and annoimnet of others it can't come as a shock the group will eventually get sick of it. Being the annoying little gnat has a shelf life.
    Oh ya absolutely. Like I said 2 posts down from my original post in this thread I acknowledged that completely.

The OP in this thread paints himself as the victim and the response that the guild officer gave sounds more believable anyway.

Anything that causes even the smallest repair bill I think is rude and annoying. Even IF it was funny the first time... I can't imagine the repeat got very many laughs.

Who remembers Anub'arak in ToC and death knights popping path of frost on your way down? That's funny if you're the DK... not so much for anyone else making an unexpected corpse run.

is why I am guildless, in Vanilla I was pretty big into raiding like every week and had really total dedication to my guild. I was benched quite a lot after me and one of the main guild leaders got into it. I quit that guild and really have not been in guild since then, too much drama and being part of a raid heavy guild takes the fun out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You quoted my words, completely unable to understand the most important thing of it and went straight to "if it's annoying, it's annoying. Suffer the consequences.". But how shit one has to be to actually be annoyed by "pew pew lasers"? I'm not saying about real life things. I'm specifically focused on virtual world here. Had to explain it. Have feeling it's not clear enough.
    What is the point of the swapblaster except to annoy others be it virtual world or not?
    Specially the way the OP uses it. Doing something to annoy no matter where still has an end game goal of you guessed it to annoy.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Annoying people are annoying...and people get tired of it. Move on an learn not to be "that guy".