Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hello,

i have a noob question with a noob english

Im trying to set up my DH for a tank off spec

i have read this guide and s1 more with almost 3 stat prio.
    The best for raid normal and mithyc seems to be vers-haste-mastery-crit. Its true?

With my equip (a bit for tank, a bit for dps) i now have: 29% crit, 15% Haste, 16% Mastery, 10% Vers (and 23k Agi, 49k stamina, 4600 armor)
    I can also set it with: 25% crit, 14% Haste, 23% Mastery, 6% Vers (and 24k Agi, 51k stamina, 4710 armor)

What's the best setup?
    Its totally wrong or I have any hope for some off tanking raid?

Ty in advance
    Last edited by mmoc02f37e50fe; 2016-10-31 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonkillerr View Post
    Hello,

The best for raid normal and mithyc seems to be vers-haste-mastery-crit. Its true?

With my equip (a bit for tank, a bit for dps) i now have: 29% crit, 15% Haste, 16% Mastery, 10% Vers (and 23k Agi, 49k stamina, 4600 armor)
    I can also set it with: 25% crit, 14% Haste, 23% Mastery, 6% Vers (and 24k Agi, 51k stamina, 4710 armor)

What's the best setup?

Ty in advance
    Honestly, you're likely fine in either set. Granted the guide is for newer DH tanks, but keep in mind it's for those beginning. Stats and gear will likely be fine so long as your ilvl is high enough. In the end, your ilvl matters more. (greater amount of agility) Sure, Haste and Vers are great for survival, but sometimes we don't get much of a choice on what particular gear drops for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    I just went back and looked as I distinctly recall him putting a blurb about that, and sure enough, it's there in black and white under Artifact tab:

No offense, but maybe try a bit more careful reading?
    Like I said:
    I had a look at the WoWhead guide for gear and that said to put it in as long as it's an ilvl upgrade, does that still apply?
    I just wanted to be sure it still applied

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Like I said:

I just wanted to be sure it still applied

No trait has been buffed so why wouldn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    No trait has been buffed so why wouldn't it?
    Just making sure

Quote Originally Posted by Demonkillerr View Post
    Hello,

What's the best setup?

Ty in advance
    If you can swap gears that easily without losing ilvl, then keep in mind that Mastery helps your Mitigation on Heavy Physical damage bosses(Like Ursoc), while Versatility helps more on fights with magical damage. Haste+Versatility is usually better because it prevents all kinds of damage, but if you don't have enough Mastery, Ursoc will rip your body like butter.

Anyway, don't try to go and Stack only one thing. Get the stats you are more confortable with, and it also depends on how good and well equipped are your healers, if they are pretty good and well equipped, then you can go for DPs stat weights.

My current stats are:
    Crit 32.14%, Haste 12.64%, Mastery 16.94%, Leech 2.43%, Versatility 9.28%, Avoidance 5.34%. 22k agi, 4572 armor, 51k stam.
    Cleared both Normal/Heroic raids, and tanked without any problem mythic+5 dungeons with 862 ilvl with that setup.

So you already have more survivability than me. lol

Also, get a good pair of Trinkets. i recommend Darkmoon deck: Immortality for survivability. The extra armor makes a huge difference on Ursoc, and it's still very good on other bosses.

Tanking these days are much more about learning when to use your skills than anything else. Until very recently, i found out that i was wasting my Metamorphosis by not using that much. 3min cd is considerably Lower, and with Last Resort i have a guaranteed metamorphosis for "ohshit" moments where i die. Recently i learned that i can use it to save healers trouble, with SR you can pretty much tell your healers to heal the raid for a while and selfsustain your health for 15seconds. That made a huge difference on saving mana for healers.

and try to get the 3 Golden Dragons on Artifact Weapon, all of them are really good and helps alot.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Deleted
    Tyvm for all info

im 863 ilvl with more mastery and 859 with more vers.
    i think 863 with 23% mastery can be better. im tryng it in dungeon mithyc and seems the good one.

maybe i have to change one trinket and to be better on use of active mitigation. The artifact is a work in progress

Tyvvvvm for all your info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Well, I'm near enough of that top 100 so I might be a bit biased, but the fact remains that pure mitigation at the moment scales so much better than self healing, and Blizzards intent to gut meaningful selfheals away from the game leaves DH and especially DK wanting for more.
    And I will repeat this until people get it: Blizzard doesn't have the skill nor the mindset (or the intellect) to balance self-healing as a defensive measure, so it'd always be OP as all hell or dogshit beyond imagination.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    And I will repeat this until people get it: Blizzard doesn't have the skill nor the mindset (or the intellect) to balance self-healing as a defensive measure, so it'd always be OP as all hell or dogshit beyond imagination.
    This is simply incorrect. As an example, look at blood DKs in WoD - the best or second best tank for progression, while obviously being a self-healing tank.

Self-healing has to be tuned numerically higher to compete with DR, yes, but it certainly can be and has been balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    This is simply incorrect. As an example, look at blood DKs in WoD - the best or second best tank for progression, while obviously being a self-healing tank.

Self-healing has to be tuned numerically higher to compete with DR, yes, but it certainly can be and has been balanced.
    Monk and DK didn't come anywhere close to each other, and I think we can all agree how good Monks had it.

DK scaled too well too, nobody geared for defensive purposes, just full multistrike for bos-scumming (same for Monks with crit).

Most tanks had it pretty easy compared to Legion imo, we lived through everything without much healer attention, but now it's pretty much the opposite.

Point: Selfheals were over the board in WoD, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Monk and DK didn't come anywhere close to each other, and I think we can all agree how good Monks had it.

DK scaled too well too, nobody geared for defensive purposes, just full multistrike for bos-scumming (same for Monks with crit).

Most tanks had it pretty easy compared to Legion imo, we lived through everything without much healer attention, but now it's pretty much the opposite.

Point: Selfheals were over the board in WoD, yes.
    As a DK you did ~50-60% of your healing taken in HFC on progression from what I remember. Even on fights like Ursoc, that number is ~40% for a DH, and the numerical bulk of DH mitigation comes from Demon Spikes (it's nowhere near as self-healing focused as DKs or monks were in WoD). While yes, you need more healer attention now in the sense that you can't just beacon a tank and mostly ignore them anymore, the figures aren't overly different.

Also, my post was mostly pointing to the fact that you can easily balance a self-healing tank, which is different from the question of how much self-sustain a tank should have.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2016-11-01 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious. Where would you guys recommend me going for trinket rankings?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Does anyone here have the actual stat weight numbers? (Not priorities!)

If weights existed, they would be in the first post. This has been repeated multiple times, please try the thread search
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

The only stat weights that could exist would be for optimal dps.

Stat weights for overall tanking are non existent, it's not a simple and churning out the most dps or hps. It's hilarious how much this keeps getting asked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The only stat weights that could exist would be for optimal dps.

Stat weights for overall tanking are non existent, it's not a simple and churning out the most dps or hps. It's hilarious how much this keeps getting asked.
    I tried to get stat weights with Simcraft for DPS. Since i am mostly just offtanking, and we never have a real problem with tank heal i want to push my DPS a bit more.

I currently have this stats with normal Tank gear:
    Agi: 22597
    Crit: 23%
    Haste 20%
    Mastery 21%
    Vers 10%
    Ilvl: 874

With simcraft i always get:
    Scale Factors for Marilol Damage Per Second
    Wdps > Agi ~= AP > Vers ~= Haste > Crit > Mastery > WOHdps > Sta ~= Armor

Can this be right? Or do i need some special options for simulating tank DPS?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miracololx View Post
    I tried to get stat weights with Simcraft for DPS. Since i am mostly just offtanking, and we never have a real problem with tank heal i want to push my DPS a bit more.

Haste 20%
    Mastery 21%
    Vers 10%

That doesn't look right; you have enough vers that crit should be the strongest DPS stat for you. Keep in mind that the default APL in simC is not remotely optimized for DPS.

Edit: made some quick obvious changes to the APL and got Crit > vers > haste > mastery for you. That seems correct, but the sim itself looks very dicey (e.g. no Felblade damage for some reason when this is clearly present in the APL).
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2016-11-02 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miracololx View Post

Haste 20%
    Mastery 21%
    Vers 10%

It should be somewhere agi>crit/vers>haste/mastery. Haste might go higher on longer fights, but I was simming with fracture/RS and really aggressive apl.

But tbh Id say you want to go pretty much any ilvl upgrades you might get. Then choose trinkets without some 'defensive only' -effects like echolol and optimise fiery brand/meta and fracture usage if you choose to go for it.

If weights existed, they would be in the first post. This has been repeated multiple times, please try the thread search
    To be fair, there is a Scale Factor for Damage Taken, but it gives negative numbers and it's very awkward to understand..

For instance, if i sim my char. it gives me "Mastery ~= Crit > Haste ~= Vers" for damage taken.
    The weights: CritRating=-0.52, HasteRating=-0.71, MasteryRating=-0.48, Versatility=-0.73

All of that is Bullshit? Or does it have any really sense into it? D:

I may be wrong, but maybe there is stat weights but they are not optimal due to every fight being different from eachother into a Damage Taken perspective? Am i talkin crazy? D:
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    It should be somewhere agi>crit/vers>haste/mastery. Haste might go higher on longer fights, but I was simming with fracture/RS and really aggressive apl.

But tbh Id say you want to go pretty much any ilvl upgrades you might get. Then choose trinkets without some 'defensive only' -effects like echolol and optimise fiery brand/meta and fracture usage if you choose to go for it.
    Hey,
    Its not about items with +10 ilvl, its for items with same ilvl.

For example:
    865 Head 1491 Agi, 986 Haste, 394 Vers
    865 head with 1491 agi, 927 Crit, 453 Mastery

or
    880 Leg, 1715 Agi, 1043 Crit, 417 Mastery
    880 Leg, v 981 Haste, 479 Vers

With the information from first page:
    "DPS: Mastery = Crit >= Vers >= Haste"

i would use 880 Leg, 1715 Agi, 1043 Crit, 417 Mastery and 865 head with 1491 agi, 927 Crit, 453 Mastery