Poll: Which class has the most complex rotation? (precise spec in your answer)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    It may be the fastest rotation, but I don't see how it's really complex compared to others.
    Try to raid with it and you will know why. Not that hard for dummy of course, but in raid enviroment very challenging if you want to max ur dps. Muscle memory is the only way to be good at this spec, what you can't say for most specs in the game, if you are good player.

Deleted
    Demonology Warlock has the most complex rotation imo.

Shadow Priests, Sub Rogues, SV Hunters and Feral Druids are close.

Feral Druid is at its hardest right now except maybe for the "hard mode rotation" from Wrath which less than 5 players in the world could maintain.

I've been frequently parsing top 10 world for bosses since WotlK and this is the first time ever in WoW where I felt a bit overwhelmed by the class mechanics.
    Last edited by Turina; 2016-11-01 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorneflake View Post
    It's mainly down to keeping insanity manageable, while at the same time, dealing damage and working with mechanics.

Pop your first VoiT too late and you end up with faster degeneration at later stacks and no VoiT by the 65th (when things start to get hairy), pop it early and you must manage your rotation moderately well during those additional 60 stacks. Once you hit the 60-70 mark things ramp up really fast to the point where 1 mistake = snowball = you die, this is where the complexity comes in depending on what you have available for this S2M. The playoff is that you will realistically get 2 VoiT during S2M atm, so you either play it safe and aim for maximum stacks, or you play it crazy and aim to get off a final VoiT at 90+ instead of 70ish.

Oh and mistake = Casting SwD at max insanity, boss being out of range, an add you have targeted with MB dying before you can switch.. etc.

You must ensure that your SwD's are cast with maximum insanity gain, weave in dispersion for those charges to come off cool down in an emergency and decide when you want to pop that 2nd VoiT.

With shadow priest, you're not just fighting the boss, you're fighting the class itself and that is purely amazing and difficult at the same time. Please blizzard, do not change this.

An example of this is mythic Nythendra, pop s2m at 40-45% but you have 8 stacks of rot, you know you need to use it now to get the benefit but you also know you're getting mc'd after the next aoe/rot applications. So you either a) don't use it and sacrifice dps in the <20% mark or say to hell with it and use dispersion right before the MC to keep your sanity, but if your raid doesn't break you out in time, you're dead. Any other class can just save cd's and do his/her rotations, as complicated as they may be, they won't kill you if you make a mistake.
    What you're saying is not really the optimal way to play stm. Unless you're just really undergeared the goal is 3 void torrents, not 2, and that's what can be really tricky to hit sometimes.

15+ Year Old Account
    The results seem somewhat consistent with the suggested rotations I can see on icy-veins.
    Luckily, I have Warlock, Priest and Druid at level 90, and I have played Demonology from Vanilla to Cataclysm (although I didn't like the spell changes to the Warlock from Pandaria).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Single target. If you want aoe that multy shot will be on 2nd button. So hard

/cast bestial wrath
    /cast A Murder of Crows
    /cast dire beast
    /cast kill command
    /cast Titan's Thunder
    /cast cobra shot

cobra shot down as last priority so dont pres macro when you need focus on next kill command. Is not ideal but will do for most casual players.

Thats BM hunter
    Worst macro ever.

Hands down Shadow Priest, work twice as hard to do half as much damage on Trash :P

Quote Originally Posted by Natylyaz View Post
    Your contribution is much appreciated.
    How about you read my original post and acknowledge that polls are limited to 20 options? And how would you genius do it considering there are 35 specs?
    Just listen the main ones, no need to add dumb options like BM hunter. As it is, it indicates nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    You wouldnt say a guardian bear catweaving in a raid? Whe they arent tanking they can push out decent dps
    Come on lol, Guardian is a joke difficulty wise. It's not hard to switch into cat form and hit 3 abilities when the other tank taunts.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboriza View Post
    Surrender to madness priest, im failry sure has the most depth of all speccs in legion
    I could say this, however priest is the only toon I've leveled to 110, with shadow being my vastly prefered spec... so... Polls like this seem very silly. Very few people know just how extreme other specs are/can get. And yes, when you get to end-game post 50 stacks Surrender, it gets ridiculous and you really have to know how to properly use CDs/what to use and what to no longer cast, as it gets extremely particular, one wrong move and you're dead, literally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Going with Feral Druid. There's just not much margin for errors without losing out on too much DPS.

S2M is a gimmick and won't stay around for too long, while the Feral "rotation" is inherently part of the class.
    I hope they don't get rid of it, I genuinely love S2M. It's so much fun and really pushes me and ups the blood pressure and pulse. XD I love it!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Natylyaz View Post
    Your contribution is much appreciated.
    How about you read my original post and acknowledge that polls are limited to 20 options? And how would you genius do it considering there are 35 specs?
    It's really not that hard to use your brain and remove the ones that anyone with a little game knowledge knows is easy.

The ones in my opinion I would have put in the poll
    Disc, Shadow, Arcane, Frost Mage, Demonology, Brewmaster, Mistweaver, Sublety, Feral, Balance, Vengeance, Havoc, Survival, Elemental, Enhancement, Blood, Unholy, Holy Paladin, Arms and Fury.

I even added in a bunch of fairly easy ones just to make it to 20.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drtrann View Post
    discipline priest, followed closely by shadow priest, followed by feral druid.

all of them because they have extremely heavy handed risk/reward mechanics. both priests specs major throughput contributors (damage and healing) cannot be cast based on a timer or any specific event, and you are given very narrow windows to get it "right" (mythic ilgynoth 1 attempt I did 20 million overhealing from a single cast, because I was a half a second off my timings. next attempt the same cast only did 6-7 million healing with no overhealing because I waited to long to cast it, the difference in the window was about 3 seconds, or in this case, a single mass-dispel cast).

feral you just cant fuck up more than 2-3 times in a cycle. the rotation itself is very mechanical, and like shadow, once you've figure out the sequence, it's all muscle memory, but I rank it easier than shadow because they do not have a mechanic like S2M or LW which requires them to make extremely heavily punishing decisions based on variables that cannot be calculated before 20 seconds from when it needs to be done. also mistakes in disc and shadow are higher stakes. in feral you just lose damage for the next cycle, but you can correct it. in shadow, a mistake WILL kill you (I accidentally de-targeted ursoc by clicking the ground while turning my character and instantly died), as a disc priest, you need to use light's wrath as a massive healing CD, which means if you mess it up, the raid dies. feral does not have an equivalent punishment.
    Yep. I just fucked it up bad on our second mythic Nythendra kill. I popped Surrender, around when I normally would, I think around upper 20% hp, and I was thinking to myself, "I have 7 stacks, and I better not get rot. I'm going to get rot. This is going to suck."

Guess what? I predicted the future. I got rot. I took it out like a good lil shadow priest, put it on the ground, all while dpsing and all still, of course now I had to get MC'd... and here's where it sucks on two levels, one, I couldn't be sure that would happen, two, during MC maybe Blizzard shouldn't let insanity drain. -.-

My insanity drained during MC and I died at probably around 18%. It was fucking pathetic, embarrassing, and just no. Ugh. =/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbeck View Post
    Hands down Shadow Priest, work twice as hard to do half as much damage on Trash :P
    The basic shadow priest rotation is nothing to write home about. You're basically admitting you suck at DoT management, which really isn't bad. It was harder in Wrath when we had MORE DoTs.

When people talk about shadow priests... they're talking about shadow priests deep into Surrender to Madness phase, where one false move and you die and so do your logs.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I hope they don't get rid of it, I genuinely love S2M. It's so much fun and really pushes me and ups the blood pressure and pulse. XD I love it!
    They're going to change it somehow, nothing we can do about that. Difference between the best player and an average player is way too massive, makes it impossible to tune the spec.

Hopefully they'll change it in a way that preserves the "you get to be a god until you die" effect. Maybe make it a 3 minute buff that increases your insanity generation and when it runs out you die, so the best players are rewarded with 100% uptime on voidform while the average player can still get back into voidform and not lose everything from one mistake. Won't be as rewarding as the current S2M but it probably can't be.

Monk WW is definitely up there probably top 3

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Monk WW is definitely up there probably top 3
    ahahahahahahahaha good joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Demonology Warlock is prolly hardest and requires most thinking. It does not have real cycle, it's more like: "I want to get all these demons out for artifact so which ones have CDs ready for this and that time and how many soulshards I have now and how many I will have in few seconds. Will boss do something to stop me from getting soulshards in time or not". Honestly Demonology is bit frustrating to play sometimes because your whole rotation/plans gets ruined if you have to suddenly move and cancel casting :/ It's like playing chess against enemy that is not very clever and you know most of the time when do the move and which move.

WW monk is also pretty complex because of the combostrikes and mastery. And later from the weapon traits you get bit similar passive for Fist of Fury as combostrikes is. Basically you need to remember always not to hit same skill 2 times in row and try to get max amounts of blackout kicks and rising sun kicks out before popping CDs and using Fist of Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    They're going to change it somehow, nothing we can do about that. Difference between the best player and an average player is way too massive, makes it impossible to tune the spec.

Hopefully they'll change it in a way that preserves the "you get to be a god until you die" effect. Maybe make it a 3 minute buff that increases your insanity generation and when it runs out you die, so the best players are rewarded with 100% uptime on voidform while the average player can still get back into voidform and not lose everything from one mistake. Won't be as rewarding as the current S2M but it probably can't be.
    Current S2M is currently good it shouldn't be touched.
    They just need to make Legacy of the Void which is on the same tier more appealing to make way for a more diverse gameplay.

Feral has the most crowded rotation with Demonology following due to priorities being punishing in dps though S2M Shadow is the ultimate in terms of punishment.

I am currently maining an Enhancement Shaman (Elemental is more complex, in it for the weapon) with alts excluding Hunter and Warrior (Those scrubs were left at 90 and don't want to return to Draenor). So there is no bias involved.

Busy doesnt mean complex btw.

Demo's are incredibly busy (to the point of any delay ruining their cycle) but not overtly complex. summon demons, buff demons, gather shards.

its just that demons stick around for such a little time that having delays (like having to move) between summoning can ruin your cycle
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-11-02 at 09:36 AM.

I would say demo lock. S2M priest may be difficult, sure, but I also think for its frenetic and unforgiving pace it still flows very well and doesn't throw too many curve balls at you. Demo locks on the other hand basically necessitate a demon tracking add-on to play perfectly (especially with Implosion), have a drastically changing rotation depending on your talent choices and their complete and total lack of mobility is a huge driving force on why I'd say they're harder. Having to deal with the fact that you lose a ton of DPS whenever you have to move - and working to minimize your damage lost through movement as a result - is a huge factor in complexity in my subjective opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    How is feral not very difficult? ST rotation is like 8 abilities that require keeping 4 buffs/debuffs up the entire time with very tight timers.
    Because you don't die as feral if you make mistakes.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.