Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    My guess is 7.2 will be Tomb of Sargeras, and 7.3/7.4 will take place on Argus.
    I still feel that Argus might just be a half-raid kind of like Siege of Orgrimmar.

You zone into the raid in Tomb of Sargeras, fight a few bosses, leap through the portal, and end up on Argus (still in the Raid) for the remaining half of the raid instance.

Like, a small incursion/invasion into KJ's palace rather than a full-scale invasion onto the planet with multiple zones and stuff.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Or... they could make a lot bigger patches then usual and have this expansion take 3 (or more) years, thus having enough time to do all of this in this expansion. No telling, since the finally dropped the silly idea of quicker expansions and focus more on patchcontent.
    Love that idea, would rather an expansion had regular updates but lasted a long time, then brief updates and content drought just to rush the next one

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    So on the Blizzcon schedule if you read the blurb for the Warcraft Panel: "The invasion was just the beginning. Join the World of Warcraft development team for an in-depth look at what’s in store next for Legion players."

No idea how you made such an assumption. I dont know if you know, but its the LEGION who invaded is. Your bolded/underlines sentence implies that what THEY did so far was just the begining and its going to get stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Illidan questline hinted that the Army of Light was fighting on Argus, so frankly I'll be surprised if we don't go there at some point during this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I still feel that Argus might just be a half-raid kind of like Siege of Orgrimmar.

You zone into the raid in Tomb of Sargeras, fight a few bosses, leap through the portal, and end up on Argus (still in the Raid) for the remaining half of the raid instance.

Like, a small incursion/invasion into KJ's palace rather than a full-scale invasion onto the planet with multiple zones and stuff.
    Yeah, I agree. Though it could be that Argus is also a bit like Firelands - there's an outdoor PvE area for players to quest and stuff, but also a raid. The raid may start on Argus and I like the idea of us actually using the naaru ships to get there, then after killing Kil'jaeden or something we take the Tomb of Sargeras portal to get back to Azeroth and fight to close it from that end to finish things off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Though it could be that Argus is also a bit like Firelands - there's an outdoor PvE area for players to quest and stuff, but also a raid. The raid may start on Argus and I like the idea of us actually using the naaru ships to get there, then after killing Kil'jaeden or something we take the Tomb of Sargeras portal to get back to Azeroth and fight to close it from that end to finish things off.
    Could also work. It could be a pretty interesting conclusion if, for example, we fight on Argus, aiding the army of light in the dailies, then in the raid we take down some big demons and defeat Kil'Jaedan as the second last boss... only for Sargeras to turn up and chase us the fuck out of there. Maybe the last encounter involves us closing the portal on our end as we flee Argus, pushing back demons as they try to break through the portal while we seal it.

So, we actually ultimately lose on Argus, but succeed in sealing the portal in the final cinematic (Illidan or Khadgar sacrifices himself Brox style to hold back Sargeras?), removing the Legion threat but still leaving them lurking out there for a future more fleshed out interplanetary thing, and not removing them as potential villains entirely.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    pls no, no more tauren crap.
    I cannot handle it.
    Why would Ebonhorn's "family business" be a tuaren focused storyline?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really hope that all max level zones will be like Suramar in the future, with huge story focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    pls no, no more tauren crap.
    I cannot handle it.
    Come one say it with me!!

"We are high mountain!"

I liked that zone it was a bit long.. At least it wasn't Orcs!

I'm still excited about this expansion I don't know why but I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    While we're at it we should probably expect to kill Azshara in 7.5 and the void lords in 7.6, hopefully ending the Alliance vs Horde war in 7.6 as well.

Just my theory.
    i doubt the expansion will have 6 or 7 major content patches. thats intense
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Could also work. It could be a pretty interesting conclusion if, for example, we fight on Argus, aiding the army of light in the dailies, then in the raid we take down some big demons and defeat Kil'Jaedan as the second last boss... only for Sargeras to turn up and chase us the fuck out of there. Maybe the last encounter involves us closing the portal on our end as we flee Argus, pushing back demons as they try to break through the portal while we seal it.

So, we actually ultimately lose on Argus, but succeed in sealing the portal in the final cinematic (Illidan or Khadgar sacrifices himself Brox style to hold back Sargeras?), removing the Legion threat but still leaving them lurking out there for a future more fleshed out interplanetary thing, and not removing them as potential villains entirely.
    I imagine the final encounter will be us closing the portal, but then Sargeras sends a wisp of his power through and awakens the avatar sealed in the tomb, and that's the final boss. I think Illidan will feature, and possibly someone acting as the avatar of Azeroth (jaina jaina jaina jaina)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    While I see what you're saying, Medivh was talking about Khadgar becoming Guardian in that conversation, something Khadgar has refused up until this point. Medivh is essentially saying that maintaining status quo, Khadgar not being Guardian and thus not having the huge power of the Guardian that could be corrupted or misused, is "safe" and "easy," but taking the leap and becoming Guardian might actually lead to breaking the bonds of fate -> stopping the otherwise, in all the sources we've seen, unstoppable, unending Burning Legion.

I could certainly see this conversation having a double meaning, though.
    You're missing the fact that in the same conversation you state, Khadgar reiterates he will never become the Guardian because that kind of power corrupts absolutely, and Medivh agrees with him saying (I'm paraphrasing, naturally): "No, you already have the power of a Guardian. You already have the strength and the courage to protect this world. Something I never had".

The door analogy has to do with the Burning Legion. Up until now, Khadgar's and our goal has been to stop the Legion from entering our world at all costs. Medivh is saying we should break the cycle of constantly trying to seal ourselves in, and instead enter the Legion's own portals and invade their homeworld.

Ultimately, the Guardian of Tirisfal is the status quo. It is expected of Khadgar to become the Guardian, he is the only one capable but he refuses to because he does not want to conform to the status quo - because absolute power corrupts absolutely. He witnessed firsthand his mentor being driven against his people and his loved ones, and he himself had to be the one that killed the person that meant most to him in the world because of this corruption. The Harbinger short explains all of this and that Khadgar will never accept the title of Guardian, because the world has no need of them any longer.
    Last edited by Kurgulok; 2016-11-01 at 05:11 PM.

Argus wouldn't be a half raid because there will. E an epic zone war like isle of thunde . Quel danis, ect ect. I fully expect five mans to be present alongside the legions main seat of power as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The Illidan questline hinted that the Army of Light was fighting on Argus, so frankly I'll be surprised if we don't go there at some point during this expansion.

No need to use narru ships illidan is fully capable of ripping open a dimensional portal to argus. The illidari have the Sargerite keystone. The key to argus

Deleted

Please go work for blizzard, I want to play that version!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Maybe Argus or some planet in an expansion, but not in a patch. The last proper raid will without a doubt be Tomb of Sargeras, with us closing the portal. We might get into contact with the Army of Light then. I believe the raid content patch after Nighthold will have the naga and N'Zoth, with the whispers in the Emerald Dream coming into play then, followed by Broken Shore and Tomb. There might be some small mid content updates between those.
    Closing the portal as a finale is anticlimactic. It doesn't change Much. Going through the portal however leads to a better story.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    seems more like a theory to me than a spoiler but just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Maybe Argus or some planet in an expansion, but not in a patch. The last proper raid will without a doubt be Tomb of Sargeras, with us closing the portal. We might get into contact with the Army of Light then. I believe the raid content patch after Nighthold will have the naga and N'Zoth, with the whispers in the Emerald Dream coming into play then, followed by Broken Shore and Tomb. There might be some small mid content updates between those.
    The problem is the illidari and illidans story arch is the legion. Nzoth wouldn't be out of place but he certainly would not be a good choice. All signs finally are pointing to argus. Leave nzoth for azshara expansion the naga are going to need faceless forces the keep things varied anyhow.

Azshar . Nzoth and prophet zul of the zandalari can carry their own expansion arch together with zandalar , nazjatar, and N'ylotha

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Come one say it with me!!

"We are high mountain!"

I liked that zone it was a bit long.. At least it wasn't Orcs!

I'm still excited about this expansion I don't know why but I am.
    I think it is a good expansion, yeah. Better than Cata > MoP > WoD, still yet to see one that is better than TBC and WotLK though.
    Idk, I think Legion is just the blueprint expansion for what's next. I think we're really gonna see what the new team is capable of in the next
    expansion seeing as they were brought on the team right before / during Legion's creation and thus had no prior experience with a WoW expansion.

But Legion has just started though so we'll see what happens, I just really hope they save Azshara and N'zoth for the next expansion. I don't want
    to defeat them in this expansion. Then I'd rather they named and focused the expansion on them intead of the demons.¨

Oh and fk Highmountain, that zone was way too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be interesting. Also, as for this whole spoilers thing. It's the internet. Seriously, if you don't see it here on MMOC, a bad word search on google, someone in game, FB or anywhere might say anything that could be a spoiler. Only way to avoid it 100% is to not go on the internet. It's sorta like safe sex, the safest is not having any sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The case of being right about you failing with the thread title? Yes, that case is very severe. The case of adding people, who immediately start calling others "retard" to my ignore list? Yes, that too. No need to reply for my benefit, as I won't be seeing it anyway. And just in case you do get infracted for minor flaming, no, I didn't report you, as I don't report people. I should have, but I didn't.
    You are just as bad at lying as you are bad at admitting being wrong and comprehending the meaning of English sentences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Really, a "spoiler" discussion in a thread that is not a spoiler at all, but a simple theory with no actual proof?

I always thought, a spoiler is saying something that you have already seen but others haven't, not just pure speculations.

I - for one - have not watched the video (as that would be a spoiler for me), but read his post (incl. title). And I don't feel spoilered in the least as none of what OP is saying has any shred of proof or proofable source in it.
    Umm you realize this is a spoiler thread specifically because of the video right? If you watched the video you would get why I flagged it as spoiler in the first place.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-11-01 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgulok View Post
    You're missing the fact that in the same conversation you state, Khadgar reiterates he will never become the Guardian because that kind of power corrupts absolutely, and Medivh agrees with him saying (I'm paraphrasing, naturally): "No, you already have the power of a Guardian. You already have the strength and the courage to protect this world. Something I never had".
    When does this take place? I don't believe anything of the sort was said when I'd killed the last boss in Karazhan.