Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    I also have the bracers, and while Prosperity seems like the obvious choice, in a 5 man CW is a lot better in my opinion. People seem to forget that the passive effect of the bracers work incredibly well with CW. 18 seconds duration CW is absolutely amazing.
    It only seems the obvious choice because it was touted as such, and because people are mostly clueless about how charges work (hint: having 2 charges doesn't give twice the number of casts). Having the bracers and not getting CW is mind-boggling. Even without them Prosperity does so little without SotF there is literally 0 reason to pick it. If you need back to back SM often then something is wrong, and CW->SM covers that burst healing if you need it. The 3s cd reduction is meaningless.
    I can see a case for Abundance once you fill your artifact and have a stronger LS.

I just want to give spring blossoms some love. Whenever i get into a group with full melee i talent in spring blossoms and it does a lot of work. Only problem i have is i waste some mana early on applying rejuvs to people that all ready have them.

Deleted
    We must go once per week +10 for the bonusloot. More is pointless in my opinion, to much trouble for to less reward. Most times no reward at all. And the treasure caps at +10.

My recommendation for +10 is cultivation, flourish, springblossoms, cenarion ward, bear-affinity, typhoon and displacer beast.

I know that 100% of you use germination. But for me springblossoms works better. I take it only because of the additional hot. Its one gcd and the job is done. Up to 5 additional hots with one gcd. And i have more time for the other healspells. Germination for me was clunky, costs to much time and heals the same but feals less comfortable. Springblossoms heal nothing in 5 men and germination heals alot but the average hps and the healoutput in millions are equal in my testings. Maybe because I am trained on it but I even heal a bit more with spingblossoms.

I strongly recomment to try it out. Especially for the aoe-examples in netharions which you told to be a problemefor you. Easy 500k healing at the scorpion. Or a other example CoS 10 second boss this week. 450k hps over four minutes (dps was not so high). It works for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    It only seems the obvious choice because it was touted as such, and because people are mostly clueless about how charges work (hint: having 2 charges doesn't give twice the number of casts). Having the bracers and not getting CW is mind-boggling. Even without them Prosperity does so little without SotF there is literally 0 reason to pick it. If you need back to back SM often then something is wrong, and CW->SM covers that burst healing if you need it. The 3s cd reduction is meaningless.
    I can see a case for Abundance once you fill your artifact and have a stronger LS.
    Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    I also have the bracers, and while Prosperity seems like the obvious choice, in a 5 man CW is a lot better in my opinion. People seem to forget that the passive effect of the bracers work incredibly well with CW. 18 seconds duration CW is absolutely amazing.
    I get your points - obviously picking this talent does not let me output double the amounts of swiftmend, but it does let me cast more of them, than the just 3 seconds. Sometims, without Prosperity, you would sit with your Swiftmend being ready, maybe because there is not much use of it a the given time. But if you were to have two stacks of it, you would have one recharging, while having the other one ready. Besides that, I feel like sometimes being able to shoot out twice on lets say the tank with 5-6 HoTs can be really strong, especially when he has Wild Growth applied.

I hope you understand what I mean, english is not my main language and I was not sure how to explain this so you would get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitestrife View Post
    We must go once per week +10 for the bonusloot. More is pointless in my opinion, to much trouble for to less reward. Most times no reward at all. And the treasure caps at +10.

My recommendation for +10 is cultivation, flourish, springblossoms, cenarion ward, bear-affinity, typhoon and displacer beast.

I know that 100% of you use germination. But for me springblossoms works better. I take it only because of the additional hot. Its one gcd and the job is done. Up to 5 additional hots with one gcd. And i have more time for the other healspells. Germination for me was clunky, costs to much time and heals the same but feals less comfortable. Springblossoms heal nothing in 5 men and germination heals alot but the average hps and the healoutput in millions are equal in my testings. Maybe because I am trained on it but I even heal a bit more with spingblossoms.

I strongly recomment to try it out. Especially for the aoe-examples in netharions which you told to be a problemefor you. Easy 500k healing at the scorpion. Or a other example CoS 10 second boss this week. 450k hps over four minutes (dps was not so high). It works for me.
    Sorry, but what you are saying is wrong. Efflorescence does only heal three allies at a time, so you do not get healing on 5 people with 1 GCD. This also results in Spring blossom only being applied to 3 allies with 1 GCD.

I do not say, that the talent is bad, but the numbers you gave seems to be a bit out of order.

Sources:
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81269/efflorescence
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=207385/spring-blossoms

Quote Originally Posted by seba2632 View Post
    Sorry, but what you are saying is wrong. Efflorescence does only heal three allies at a time, so you do not get healing on 5 people with 1 GCD. This also results in Spring blossom only being applied to 3 allies with 1 GCD.
    Spring blossom is extremely comp/team dependent. If you are full melee group or have ranged willing to move to Efflo's there is no way it's not more mana efficient and higher HPS than germ. That being said if you have a poorly timed and or placed Efflo it's just wasted mana. I also think Spring blossom works better with Mastery>crit builds over haste builds.

Deleted
    Sorry, but what you are saying is wrong. Efflorescence does only heal three allies at a time, so you do not get healing on 5 people with 1 GCD.
    No, I am not wrong. I track it with vuhdo and its often on the fullgrp because its a hot with a short duration and efflo heals per tick randomly injured targets, which results in mostly all have the hot which are standing in efflo.

No, I am not wrong. I track it with vuhdo and its often on the fullgrp because its a hot with a short duration and efflo heals per tick randomly injured targets, which results in mostly all have the hot which are standing in efflo.
    Grows a healing blossom at the target location, restoring (56.445% of Spell power) health to three injured allies within 10 yards every 2 sec for 30 sec. Limit 1.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Grows a healing blossom at the target location, restoring (56.445% of Spell power) health to three injured allies within 10 yards every 2 sec for 30 sec. Limit 1.
    Yes, it picks 3 different targets each time it "ticks". Do you really think Eff is locked to the same 3 targets for the entire duration?

Efflorescence does only heal three allies at a time, so you do not get healing on 5 people with 1 GCD. This also results in Spring blossom only being applied to 3 allies with 1 GCD.
    Efflorescence heals three people per tick. Each such tick leaves the Spring Blossoms HoT on those targets. Efflorescence is then smart enough to prioritize targets that do not have the Spring Blossoms HoT, allowing up to a dozen or so players to benefit from one druid's Spring Blossoms at the same time. Ignore the tooltip and look at logs and you'll see that you can definitely have SB up on far more than three people. It is target capped, and you can't get it up on a whole 20 person raid even if they're all standing in the green circle, but about half of them will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I'd think about it if they didn't have a GCD with Ghanir and Flourish.
    I think that's very much intentional. Flourish is a short term HPS loss as you're spending a GCD to add future ticks to HoTs that are already ticking, and in return it's a significant long term HPS and HPM gain. It's a rather neat spell.

It only seems the obvious choice because it was touted as such, and because people are mostly clueless about how charges work (hint: having 2 charges doesn't give twice the number of casts).
    Depends on what you're looking at. The real selling point of Prosperity is the synergy with Soul of the Forest. The ability to buff two Wild Growths after each other is huge. That's a massive boost to your AoE burst, especially considering the synergies with G'hanir and Flourish. Prosperity doesn't give you twice the number of casts over an X minute fight, but it does give you twice the number of casts when you really need them, assuming you plan ahead.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Yes, it picks 3 different targets each time it "ticks". Do you really think Eff is locked to the same 3 targets for the entire duration?
    If you'd read my quote, as I read yours, I mentioned that this was in 1 GCD. You guys are worried, that you need to use several GCDs to apply Rejuvenations, and then arguing that your Spring blossoms so good. Surely, it is capable of healing 10 people at the same time, so is Rejuvenation, but neither of them happens in 1 GCD.

Deleted
    If you'd read my quote, as I read yours, I mentioned that this was in 1 GCD. You guys are worried, that you need to use several GCDs to apply Rejuvenations, and then arguing that your Spring blossoms so good. Surely, it is capable of healing 10 people at the same time, so is Rejuvenation, but neither of them happens in 1 GCD.
    What I basicly wanted to say was: I use 1 GCD for Efflo and after that everyone gets a free hot which stands in efflo range. In an ideal scenario after 2 ticks everyone has the hot. So that means 5 hots in 1 GCD spent. They are not instantly on all 5 people, but hopefully you get my point now.

With Germination I got a lot of clunky situations in which I have to instantly put Reju twice on everyone but didnt get the chance because i didnt get enough time for that. And there was other situations where i blanked the 5 people but the estimatet dmg didnt come. It felt unreliable and slow to me. While with springblossoms i cast Reju on every target and I am done. Every heal after that is no "guessing" or "blanking because better safe then sorry", its just "oh well, this guy needs my heals now or "yeah everyone gets dmg, WG-time". For me it felt more like I am in controle over nasty situations.

Myb its just that I am trained on that talent now :-)

Deleted
    Hi all i need a really good advice for mytic+ > 3

Tier 1: Abundance - Because with the Rejuv HT almost instacast.
    Tier 3: Guardian - Less Damage
    Tier 5: Cultivation
    Tier 6: Germination
    Tier 7: Stonebark/Flourish i think MOC in not a good choice

In Tier 1 CW vs Abundance?
    In Tier 7 Wath is the best choice with Abundance? and what is the best choice with CW?

Thks all

The problem with SB is that there are times where you simply cannot have ppl inside Efflo long enough.

You go for timer, every one is in constant movement / fight dependant: Construct on Arcway or the spider boss, Xavius, EoA as a whole etc etc/ Necrotic kiting.

Gonna try to use it more often if conditions will allow me to do so.

Still, since mana is a non issue, maintaining 10 Rejs it's very easy and pulls better number. My rule of thumb is that if i've to fill with HT, then i'd simply use wraths and let cultivation do it's magic and the occasional 1.4M Smends.

Btw, Prosperity really gives you the chance to increase the amount of 'mends you use, since the CD of a single charge is 3sec faster anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bubu View Post
    Hi all i need a really good advice for mytic+ > 3

Tier 1: Abundance - Because with the Rejuv HT almost instacast.
    Tier 3: Guardian - Less Damage
    Tier 5: Cultivation
    Tier 6: Germination
    Tier 7: Stonebark/Flourish i think MOC in not a good choice

In Tier 7 Wath is the best choice with Abundance? and what is the best choice with CW?

Thks all
    T1:Abundance i think it's a no go. You either go Prosperity or CW. If u need a quick cast, RG is good enough and it increase the hot stacks on ur target.

T3: Feral. with gear the amount of time u spend doing dps is going to be much higher then the one healing. With a guild group, anything lower then 10 is basically a swipe/sunfire spam fest. Feral also gives u speed movement which is cool when u need to eat and get your mana back. You will swap to guardian at 10 becuise the damage can be really deadly. Frankly speaking, for 3->8 talents dont matter. Just swipe all the things.
    T5: i think it's a given. It's a mastery stack when u need it he most. Lovely.
    T6: i go with Germ but as you should've read here already, even Spring Blossom can deliver numbers. Actually, even a 2min Tranq can be good enough. You should pick one depending on the comp, instance and affixes. This is a golden tier imho for 5men.
    T7: If you have a strong tank go Flourish. Tbh you're better off going Flourish 24/7.

Deleted
    What I basicly wanted to say was: I use 1 GCD for Efflo and after that everyone gets a free hot which stands in efflo range. In an ideal scenario after 2 ticks everyone has the hot. So that means 5 hots in 1 GCD spent. They are not instantly on all 5 people, but hopefully you get my point now.

With Germination I got a lot of clunky situations in which I have to instantly put Reju twice on everyone but didnt get the chance because i didnt get enough time for that. And there was other situations where i blanked the 5 people but the estimatet dmg didnt come. It felt unreliable and slow to me. While with springblossoms i cast Reju on every target and I am done. Every heal after that is no "guessing" or "blanking because better safe then sorry", its just "oh well, this guy needs my heals now or "yeah everyone gets dmg, WG-time". For me it felt more like I am in controle over nasty situations.

Myb its just that I am trained on that talent now :-)
    I see, and I get your point. I guess it's very dependent on the setup and what your personal preference is. I think both are decent talents, where one beats the other in specific situations.

Deleted
    What is the best rotation if you have:
    1 - CW, 5 - Cultivation, 6- Germination, 7-Stonebark

What is the prio?
    What you have to do?

What is the prio?
    What you have to do?
    Resto druid is a lot about predicting incoming damage. Your first run through a dungeon will be tougher than following runs as you'll know when and how much damage to expect.

There is no such thing as a rotation for healers, you predict and react to damage and events happening in the fight.
    If you're unsure, it's wise to try and keep a single rejuv on all targets, that way you can quickly apply a second rejuv through germination or a regrowth if they chunk.

Tank healing depends a lot on the specific tank as well. I play with a blood DK most of the time and he's able to sustain himself quite well. I often toss a CW on him before the pull as that is the part of the fight where he tends to chunk the hardest. On boss fights I might not do this, if there is a certain mechanic that I want to save it for.

Be liberal with ironbark if you have stonebark talented. With a 1 min CD you can't really waste it. If you can communicate with your tank, thats a big plus. But I've also done things like toss an ironbark on a tank when I know the dps are going to take damage; that way I know the tank is good for the next 10 seconds, giving me time to set up healing (or react to healing) on the DPS.

Other than that, for lower mythic+ you can easily do some feral dps on trash. In a lot of situations where I know few people will take much, if any, damage I toss some heals on my tank and go DPS. My tank can easily sustain himself and I have my heals keybound in catform as well so I can instantly go back to healing.
    Be careful for certain ranged only mechanics though, as you can screw the melee with them. (E.g. the crushing hands on the 2nd boss in Neltharion's Lair can absolutely wreck your melee if you decide to go catform there.)

----

As for the topic. My build is generally:
    - T15: CW - I simply find this to provide me with a good cooldown heal. I treat this as the old Nature's Swiftness, and it simply heals a lot more than having that extra swiftmend. Tunneling single target heals into something is really tough for a resto druid compared to some other healers and this kind of covers that weakness a bit.
    The HoT also counts for mastery.

- T30: Displacer Beast, no real contest here.

- T45: Feral affinity for lower mythic+ (sub-7 or something) and guardian above. I find that with a high pull speed and good dps, feral dps is much less warranted. Feral dps is really good, but I find that pulling a bit more aggressively at times isn't bad either.

- T60: Depends on the situation here. Bash is great, but i often play with classes who already have stuns. Typhoon can be really good for displacing mobs and dazing them.
    Mass entangle can be decent as well. I've used it to help the tank get away from mobs with Necrotic; typhoon would work well too here, but it requires positioning which I can't always do as easily.

- T75: Cultivation gets my vote for the T75 line. It's really solid as it adds a mastery stack when you need it most. ToL doens't add enough throughput IMO and the cooldown is a tad too long. SotF is great for raids, but I don't find it to be as reliable as cultivation for 5 mans.

- T90: I like germination a lot. I'll have to try spring blossoms sometime with a heavy melee group. Don't think there is any situation where I'd need Inner Peace.

- T100: I'm a big fan of flourish. I think it's very strong and also extremely versatile.
    Need more healing on the tank? CW + Flourish
    Need a lot of AoE healing? WG + Flourish makes WG very front heavy healing.
    Need high sustained healing? Make sure you have rejuvs rolling and flourish just as WG is about to fall off so you can chain 3 WGs in a row. (Makes WG very sustained oriented AoE healing compared to Flourishing right at the start of a WG)

I can also see a case for Stonebark. It's really good for tank healing; it acts as both a solid tank cooldown, but it also adds 20% extra healing, which is basically a free mastery stack. On higher M+ this might be really solid too as your tank tends to chunk a lot more.

Don't think MoC is good enough. Mana isn't much of an issue if you can drink during pulls, so getting more free regrowths is not really having a big enough impact compared to the other 2 talents.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2016-11-02 at 01:10 PM.

Cenarion Ward, definitely. It's clumsy and often a bit awkward to use on non-tanks, but it heals for a ridiculous amount and makes everything else heal for more thanks to mastery. Abundance is pretty much a "dead" talent due to how weak Healing Touch is and how expensive Regrowth is. HT spam just doesn't heal for enough to matter (especially not if you consider that you gave up Cenarion Ward to get it) and Regrowth spam will just drain all your mana.

For the final tier, Stonebark and Flourish are both viable. Flourish isn't all that great in dungeons without Cenarion Ward, but it's still okay (it's amazing in raids). Stonebark is easier to use and doesn't rely on any particular synergies to work, but can only help one player. The main selling point of Stonebark here is that it helps now and can mitigate damage before it happens, while Flourish can only help bring people back up after the fact. An extended CW is amazing, but if CW is already ticking and that's not enough, all Flourish does is waste a GCD.

What is the prio?
    What you have to do?
    Use Cenarion Ward to bring people back up quickly; it's the strongest single target spell we have. Usually the tank, but people who have strong DoTs on them are also fine targets. It's up for more or less every pull and several times during boss fights, so you can be pretty generous with it. Never cast it before a pull, as that'll just result in overhealing and the spell being on cooldown when you actually use it.

Cultivation and Germination don't really change anything, except that you now want two Rejuvenations on anyone who needs healing instead of just one. Cultivation kicks in when it's needed, so the best way to use it is to completely forget about it.

Stonebark doesn't really change anything about Ironbark except that you can use it a little more often. The use should still be the same: use it whenever the tank is about to take high damage. Try to avoid using it on trash packs that you'll be stunning. The bonus to healing is nice, but doesn't really change anything - if the tank is taking enough damage for Ironbark to be justified, you're going to have every HoT up on them anyway. So just forget about that aspect of the talent.

I have few questions regarding healing mythic+ so if someone can help me it would be great because my main spec was moonkin ever since I can remember with os tank but for last few weeks I am asked to heal.

Now I dont have any issues healing up till +6 ( well 2nd week of healing ) but above that I am struggling to keep party alive and most of the time i fail, last night on +9 Arc I was going oom and party/tank would die fast, eventually we did it ( after 90+ min ) which i think its ok considering I never healed anything as difficult as that before but I do wanna do better so the question are:

1. What is the stat priority for Mythic+ healing, I read its int > haste > mastery > crit is that true or not, because if its true then I need to find a way to get more mastery since i have well under 10%

2. How should i keep ppl up ( tank especially ) when we pull trash because boss fights weren't that difficult. What spells do i need to cast ( pre cast ) and in which order?

3. I was using healbot and I found it pretty EZ to use, 3 buttons on 3 keys giving me 12 spells that I can easily cast, is there some other useful addon that I can use, some that will track my hots easier?

4. What are the best trinkets for Mythic+ ( I will only heal that and not raid )?

Thanks for all the answers

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    1. What is the stat priority for Mythic+ healing, I read its int > haste > mastery > crit is that true or not, because if its true then I need to find a way to get more mastery since i have well under 10%
    As far as I know, there haven't been any serious theorycrafting done on the subject. Everything I've seen has been based on speculation rather than actual log data, so take it with a grain of salt. The only thing that's certain is that mastery is better in a dungeon than a raid. But whether it's enough to overtake haste, no one seems to actually know for sure.

2. How should i keep ppl up ( tank especially ) when we pull trash because boss fights weren't that difficult. What spells do i need to cast ( pre cast ) and in which order?
    Cenarion Ward. It's basically mandatory for mythic+. Swiftmend helps too, so make sure you don't waste it. Pre-HoT the tank with Lifebloom and double Rejuvenations (Germination is arguably also mandatory), and they should be fine. Remember to use Ironbark and the staff buff too. All of this is on short cooldowns.

3. I was using healbot and I found it pretty EZ to use, 3 buttons on 3 keys giving me 12 spells that I can easily cast, is there some other useful addon that I can use, some that will track my hots easier?
    Vuhdo does what Healbot does but has even more configuration options. Depending on what it is you want to track exactly, WeakAuras might also be worth getting. It can do a billion things to the point where it's hard to really describe what the addon even is, but it's great for tracking things like Efflorescence.

Deleted
    Is Cultivation better than tree because it's an additional HoT for Mastery to work off? Can't imagine doing certain pulls without tree, quite often end up using it with Innervate.

Likewise with Cenarion Ward, I've got the legendary bracers so I'm regularly stacking Swiftmend with Flourish for like 23 seconds of Cenarion Ward... 23k mana for 2.5m healing seems pretty good to me.