View Poll Results: What do you think Look Good or Look Bad?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Looks Good, I'm going to try to watch it.

21 80.77%
  • Looks Bad, I am going to pass.

5 19.23%

Thread: [TV] Lucifer

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey, I can accept that a fallen angel runs a nightclub and gods ex-wife is raising a family while working as a lawyer, but police siren 10seconds after a shot?

No way, just ruined my suspension of disbelief!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Great piano solo of Metallica's Unforgiven tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome ep, so glad Lucifer finally showed someone who he really is (and they actually believe it) . I hope Chloe finds out this season who he is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Great piano solo of Metallica's Unforgiven tonight.
    Yup. Very very nice. I'm glad he didn't sing on it, though. Also, I'm not sure if Ellis can play the piano himself. Probably didn't play this rendition though, whether he can or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Awesome ep, so glad Lucifer finally showed someone who he really is (and they actually believe it) .
    Yeah... I mean, it's bloody goddamn time. It's been so annoying with all this "oh that guy's just playing a role" -BS. I'm not sure I 100% like the 'devilface' he showed, but, I suppose it could have been a lot more corny.

It's a delicate balance, trying not to jump the shark with Lucifer going around showing his true identity to a lot of the main cast. I understand that. However, you can't draw it out indefinitely, because then it's just another police procedural. It's definitely time that some of the humans were made aware that he really is who he says he is. (I spoiler tagged this because it talks about Lucifer showing his identity, which he did in that episode.)

I just hope this whole stuff doesn't go in the direction of Lucifer becoming some super clean innocent Mary Sue character. That's not who he is. I feel like in order for the character to have some depth, he really needs to break some morality rules, because he is, truly, above them. There's only one being in the DC universe who can punish, or stop him, and I doubt "God", or rather the Presence will make an appearance any time soon. Lucifer should be above everything and everyone else, and thus he should be able to decide which rules he follows.

Then again, the show isn't staying very true to the DC universe or the source material, so who knows. It feels more like a depiction of real life Christian religion at times, than it does the Lucifer/Sandman comics.

Who did he show himself to? Missed the ep.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Who did he show himself to? Missed the ep.
    Linda the psychiatrist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's a delicate balance, [spoiler]trying not to jump the shark with Lucifer going around showing his true identity to a lot of the main cast. I understand that. However, you can't draw it out indefinitely, because then it's just another police procedural.
    Agreed, I really want Chloe to find out but I don't want loads of other people to find out afterwards. What I see being more likely is Chloe's husband finding out first then trying to get her away from Lucifer.

Wait until the shrink puts 2 and 2 together and realizes what Amenadiel may be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Wait until the shrink puts 2 and 2 together and realizes what Amenadiel may be.
    I think that the mindblow she got was just that; her realizing that Lucifer was telling the truth and that he's really who he says he is, her realizing that she's been doing the nasty with an angel, and her realizing that her newfound best friend, Mazikeen, is actually a demon. Plus, of course, that there actually *is* a God, Heaven and Hell, and all of that fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Not sure why they're calling it a renewal, it's picked up a full order for the second season but I wouldn't really consider that the same as being renewed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Not sure why they're calling it a renewal
    Well, more episodes means a renewed contract. The "season" doesn't really matter. First season was 13 episodes, so I'm guessing the second season was at first 13 episodes as well, but now it's 22.

I just hope this whole stuff doesn't go in the direction of Lucifer becoming some super clean innocent Mary Sue character. That's not who he is. I feel like in order for the character to have some depth, he really needs to break some morality rules, because he is, truly, above them. There's only one being in the DC universe who can punish, or stop him, and I doubt "God", or rather the Presence will make an appearance any time soon. Lucifer should be above everything and everyone else, and thus he should be able to decide which rules he follows.

Then again, the show isn't staying very true to the DC universe or the source material, so who knows. It feels more like a depiction of real life Christian religion at times, than it does the Lucifer/Sandman comics.
    It definitely isn't following the source material in power levels, so any of that is a toss up. It's sort of interesting how none of the angels actually hear from God directly, but there is no doubt that there is a God and He is paying attention to things. I assume Mother is trying to rally the angels to rebel/ recover her power and it'll come down to conflict. It'll be interesting to see Lucifer take Gods side while Amendiel takes Mothers.

The Devil Face was off this episode, it looked odd, and the previews for next week it looked better. It was interesting to see Maze too, but not sure why her face would look like that. Still not really feeling DB Woodside in the show though.

Why would lucy take gods side? Tbh I don't see lucifer taking either side. I see him eventually telling both of them to fuck off. Either that or his mother's side if any. God's never done anything but treat him like shit
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Why would lucy take gods side? Tbh I don't see lucifer taking either side. I see him eventually telling both of them to fuck off. Either that or his mother's side if any. God's never done anything but treat him like shit
    She has already said that she's the one that set him up in Hell. It's entirely possible he'll figure out she's been manipulating them for a long time. They were genuinely frightened when they found out she had escaped, so she obviously is not the "good guy".

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    She has already said that she's the one that set him up in Hell. It's entirely possible he'll figure out she's been manipulating them for a long time. They were genuinely frightened when they found out she had escaped, so she obviously is not the "good guy".
    I mean. He was frightened because she's a goddess and he had tortured her for thousands of years. He assumed she wanted to kill him. Even if she has been manipulating him as I said before I wouldn't see that pushing lucifer towards God he'd simply loath her as much as him. It would simply show both of his parents as pieces of shit
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

You think he'd eventually take over everything after his parents exhaust themselves?

Deleted
    I feel like you guys are making a lot of assumptions about Lucifer based on the biblical character, instead of the character from the comics. Although, since the TV show is veering so far from the comics, who can blame you. I found a few pertinent panels though, that you might find interesting. Here's an interaction between Lucifer and God (the Presence), from the comics (which is, after all, what the show is supposed to be based on, and not the Bible):

(Click images to enlarge.)

Might shed some light as to whether Lucifer would "take his father's side", or "want to take over" or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    You think he'd eventually take over everything after his parents exhaust themselves?
    I don't think he's interested in taking over anything.

I feel like you guys are making a lot of assumptions about Lucifer based on the biblical character, instead of the character from the comics. Although, since the TV show is veering so far from the comics, who can blame you. I found a few pertinent panels though, that you might find interesting. Here's an interaction between Lucifer and God (the Presence), from the comics (which is, after all, what the show is supposed to be based on, and not the Bible):
    I think it's very far off from the comic, though not too biblical at times. There is the simple fact of power level if nothing else.

One thing that struck me as very odd was the concept of the angels being children that grew into their powers/roles, though perhaps the conversation was more metaphorical. Most times they are formed from nothing to what they are/were, not children that learned to be. I'm not sure if that's from the comic.

In any case, in the first season it seemed clear that Lucifer felt betrayed by God for the Fall, but that they don't actually communicate directly. This season really drove that home more, making it clear that God's Plan is not a set of instructions that is handed out to the angels.

i think gods just an arsehole.

probably up in heaven getting drunk. terrible parent. atleast mums doing something

i think gods just an arsehole.

probably up in heaven getting drunk. terrible parent. atleast mums doing something
    Shes like 99.999999% of all moms out there during a nasty divorce, turning the kids against dad so they will side with her.