Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pugging M+ is fine, so long u dont use YOUR key
    You YOUR key in a guild/friend run

For now, Blizzard have no idea how to punish these ppl without fucking over everyone else in the process.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

That is really just stupid. There doesn't need to be any punishment. I have never had some one leave. Why would they? Unless its a super long super fail run, these dungeons all have timers around 30 minutes. You still get loot at the end, all you have to do is get there.

I would never leave after spending any amount of time in there, but even if I did its not the end of the world that one person out of 5 loses their key for the week.
    I have done hundreds of runs and very rarely involve my own key.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I think there would be too many obstacles in adding a punishment for something like this. On the other hand, is there any valid reason why can't they allow to pause the run until finding some replacement? Sounds like a better idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofisdead View Post
    So if someone has something come up in real life they should be punished for leaving a M+ run?
    Don't join a M+ group if you don't have 30-45minutes of time. And if it is an emergency then you probably don't care about any in game punishment.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Not to say anything about the OP's ridiculous conflating of people with a subset of mood disorders with "this is clearly what causes people to be assholes. All people with these disorders are terrible, selfish. Not a single one of them medicates or manages their condition in any way. People without mood disorders aren't selfish jerks, of course. Only people with BPD and NPD." Like, ??????? Just because you're citing sources doesn't mean you understand the data or are applying it in any way that makes sense.
    Mood disorder? BPD? maybe, finishing third book on NPD and have perfect understanding on the subject - also I have life long experience with NPD persons.

Stop trying to hold people ransom because your group is filled with trash.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Oh not this shit again. WoW is a game, not a medical treatment. Blizzard is a game studio, not a psychologist. There are many reasons to contain the 'assholeness' in game, but the possibility to hurt someone with mental illness, still risking his further health venturing into the internet, is not one.
    I believe punishment for bad behaviour definately will make social environment in the game better. The only problem is to decide how to punish. As counter example we have raid and dungeon finder - assholes paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
    Mood disorder? BPD? maybe, finishing third book on NPD and have perfect understanding on the subject - also I have life long experience with NPD persons.
    "Mood disorder" tends to be more easily understood, rather than throwing around proper terminology and acronyms in a public forum, so yes, I used a less accurate colloquial term because of the nature of the audience on MMO-C.

As to my point: Sometimes when people understand a subject very well, they try to apply it in situations where it isn't appropriate- they see it everywhere.

The magnitude of your studies doesn't really have any bearing on what I'm saying, and doesn't mean that you can't be wrong, or, in this case, pushing a false conclusion based on what you see as correlation (at best), instead of something that's truly connected via causation- you're postulating that the cause of people leaving these groups is because they have disorders within these categories- I'm saying that it's utterly ridiculous to correlate the number of people who have these condition with the number of people who leave Mythic + groups because:

1.) It assumes all people with BPD and NPD behave in the exact same way, which is false.
    2.) It assumes all people with BPD and NPD do not medicate or take other action to manage their symptoms and behavior, also false.
    3.) It assumes that only people with disorders like BPD and NPD are behaving in these ways, which is, again, false.

You can talk about the problems with people leaving Mythic +, but bringing BPD and NPD into it is largely useless, meaningless, and makes you look like you're either trying to impress people with some random statistics, or like you don't know what you're talking about. That's my point.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2016-11-01 at 09:29 PM.

I believe punishment for bad behaviour definately will make social environment in the game better. The only problem is to decide how to punish. As counter example we have raid and dungeon finder - assholes paradise.
    In a rpg I demand atleast half the loot if I stick around in a bad group and boost them

...Any other ideas?
    /discuss
    How about you get over yourself. So what if some idiot hurt your feelings because they left the group. No reason to go on a fucking study rage to try to validate why you feel hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

For example, I believe, account wide ban for a week from m+
    Never gonna happen, ban as a punish is always bad, even account wide. Like srry Im not gonna raid this week, I left m+

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Better solution:

Deal with it.
    Nope. We can do better.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Mythic Dungeon Deserter," 1 hour debuff for leaving a mythic+ dungeon. Debuff would prevent you from using LFD, LFR, or Premade finder. I think that would be appropriate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Better solution:

Deal with it.
    This is elegant solution. The OP should adopt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    your idea just smells of abuse

if you dont wanna pug find a guild or deal with it but please stop postin stupid ideas instead
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofisdead View Post
    So if someone has something come up in real life they should be punished for leaving a M+ run?
    Ofc they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    "Mythic Dungeon Deserter," 1 hour debuff for leaving a mythic+ dungeon. Debuff would prevent you from using LFD, LFR, or Premade finder. I think that would be appropriate.
    1 hour is tool little. I would make it 1 day or even week.

This thread seems to have attracted the very sort of people the OP is talking about, judging by many of these responses.

Buy carries or find 4 friends, its really not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    this is a good idea, along with a 1 week debuff simply stating to any other pug groups that you left a m+, you could still do m+ but people would know you left

Deleted
    Whats the big deal about your key getting depleted?
    I always run on other peoples keys, is there some special reward for using your key?