Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Whats the big deal about your key getting depleted?
    I always run on other peoples keys, is there some special reward for using your key?
    This is the big thing I don't understand about people so up in arms about M+ leavers. There is no special reward for using your key- unless you're getting carried, in which case, you'll get a higher level key to hopefully get another carry with.

If you're actually doing Mythics at a level that you are skilled and geared enough for, you can run without your own key as much as you want- your weekly order hall reward chest, after all, is based on the highest difficulty M+ you have cleared, not on the level of the key in your bags.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2016-11-01 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Whats the big deal about your key getting depleted?
    I always run on other peoples keys, is there some special reward for using your key?
    Not that i know of and thats why I use other people's keys all the time too. Too lazy to get mines up, only do a 3 or 4 mythic + a week with the time i have so tend to only want to do 10+ ones for gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really, really miss the heyday of Openraid (MoP).

Openraid allowed you to find people to run CMs and raids and do weird achievements with... AND because of its feedback and ratings system, abusive people didn't last long on the site.

Blizzard's Group Finder killed Openraid, which I still don't quite understand because it's so freaking toxic (Group Finder that is).

For me, the true appeal of Openraid was a self-policed society where verbally abusive people and gear thieves were banned. I found a lot of good groups there, and raided with some people who are still on my friends list 4-5 years later. I made my first "learning" CM group there when MoP released and we spent a few weeks getting our Golds together in all the MoP dungeons, all of us from different servers. Had a lot of fun.

For most others, it must have been purely just a way to "find a group regardless of quality", because most people seem to have abandoned it for grouping with total strangers in WoD (and making countless threads about raid leaders ninja'ing all the loot).

Are you actually serious? This is a game. You should probably chill.

Like others have said, get a group of friends / reliable players to do mythic+ with regularly, or deal with all the assholes. And there will be a shitload of them (myself included), because it's the only place we can be mega dicks without facing consequences (to an extent), because we truly, genuinely are assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    pugging is always a risk and should continue to be.

organised groups are what you want.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I really, really miss the heyday of Openraid (MoP)
    Seconded. World boss tours (kill all in one run). Garrosh heirloom runs. Firelands/DS heroic xmog runs. Even used to use to full premade TOT LFR wing 3 and 4 for ledgendary tokens when the LFG version was often a wipefest. Super fun and cool site that I miss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard already said that no, they will not "punish" players who do this. So you're wasting your time suggesting it. You don't get to decide what is and is not against the rules. Blizzard does. And they already decided, and stated live in a Q&A, that it is not against the rules to leave a M+. So basically, tough.

10+ Year Old Account
    True story here, sometimes just for kicks, after I completed all 10 normal mythic dungeons, ill queue up for another of the same, and leave after the first boss.

I'm not proud of it, but sometimes I get some good whispers after I leave, which is what amuses me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lock them out of mythic dungeons for a period of time. More than an hour or two. I think at least a day if not for a week.

We're gonna start having player made blacklists that are subject to people making shitposts etc.

Actually would be a fun idea to have a "review" system for players so you can vet them when picking them up. Could even help out low geared but good players.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
    According to the largest study ever conducted on personality disorders (PD) by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), 5.9% of the U.S. population has BPD (Grant et al. 2008) and 6.2% has NPD (Stinson et al. 2008). As some people fit both diagnoses, about 10 percent of the U.S. population has BPD and/or NPD.

Only BPD and NPD are 10% of the population of USA and there are many other disorders which mean you inevitably meet a lot of assholes in the game.

As those people mostly care only about themselves introducing personal punishment (event light) could significantly correct their behavior in the game.

For example, I believe, account wide ban for a week from m+ for people that manually leave m+ or are reported for bad behavior can significantly improve social environment of the game and make the World better place again.

Any other ideas?
    /discuss

UPD: Actually I think better solution would be is to provide more information for PUG leader about people that want to join:

- like how many m+ PUG groups they MANUALLY left recently
    - What they typed in PUG group chats recently (especially before they left and in failed PUG groups)
    - possibility to inspect person in-game before an invite
    - maybe something else
    Why do you assume people with BPD are assholes? Or people with NPD? Do you have evidence that supports this assumption?

Did you add the two to come up with 10% or did that come from a scientific article? I would be surprised to find that 1 in 10 have one of these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Lock them out of mythic dungeons for a period of time. More than an hour or two. I think at least a day if not for a week.
    Why stop there? Let's go for permaban and jail sentence in real life!!1
    Or how about just the normal deserter debuff. Since we have those rules everywhere else. It's a god damn videogame.

If it's that important to you, join a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Why stop there? Let's go for permaban and jail sentence in real life!!1
    Or how about just the normal deserter debuff. Since we have those rules everywhere else. It's a god damn videogame.
    A one day or week vacation from mythic dungeons isn't as bad as you're making it sound. Especially when people in this thread have admitted to doing it as trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Can we get a mmo-champion ban for people with stupid ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    The website would close.
    So true

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    A one day or week vacation from mythic dungeons isn't as bad as you're making it sound. Especially when people in this thread have admitted to doing it as trolling.
    You're delusional.

Just join a god damn guild if it's that important to you.

Doing things with random people leads to random results.
    Severe punishments won't fix anything at all (for reference, see: banning botters)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
    For example, I believe, account wide ban for a week from m+ for people that manually leave m+ or are reported for bad behavior can significantly improve social environment of the game and make the World better place again.
    I can abuse this easy as hell. Get group of 4 friends, look for random then kill one boss then afk. You play another game with friends while the person gets bored and leaves to do something else. GGWP BANNED FOR WEEK LOL!

So how did the ban for that person improve the social aspect of the game? After all, it just made FOUR people become trolling arseholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    "Mood disorder" tends to be more easily understood, rather than throwing around proper terminology and acronyms in a public forum, so yes, I used a less accurate colloquial term because of the nature of the audience on MMO-C.

As to my point: Sometimes when people understand a subject very well, they try to apply it in situations where it isn't appropriate- they see it everywhere.

The magnitude of your studies doesn't really have any bearing on what I'm saying, and doesn't mean that you can't be wrong, or, in this case, pushing a false conclusion based on what you see as correlation (at best), instead of something that's truly connected via causation- you're postulating that the cause of people leaving these groups is because they have disorders within these categories- I'm saying that it's utterly ridiculous to correlate the number of people who have these condition with the number of people who leave Mythic + groups because:

1.) It assumes all people with BPD and NPD behave in the exact same way, which is false.
    2.) It assumes all people with BPD and NPD do not medicate or take other action to manage their symptoms and behavior, also false.
    3.) It assumes that only people with disorders like BPD and NPD are behaving in these ways, which is, again, false.

You can talk about the problems with people leaving Mythic +, but bringing BPD and NPD into it is largely useless, meaningless, and makes you look like you're either trying to impress people with some random statistics, or like you don't know what you're talking about. That's my point.
    I'm Hawg and I approve this message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    You're delusional.

Just join a god damn guild if it's that important to you.

Doing things with random people leads to random results.
    Severe punishments won't fix anything at all (for reference, see: banning botters)
    I'm in a guild, but thanks for the advice. This isn't something I have experienced, fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    True story here, sometimes just for kicks, after I completed all 10 normal mythic dungeons, ill queue up for another of the same, and leave after the first boss.

I'm not proud of it, but sometimes I get some good whispers after I leave, which is what amuses me.
    No you mean jaylock likes to troll in game? Who would of guessed that? Not like he ever does so here right? The mods wouldn't possibly let someone blantitly do so here?