Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    You could've bought a PS3 when it was current to get 1.5 & 2.5 hd remix without having to buy a handheld for the other games as well since the PS3 version also had the cinematics from the other games.

This is the part I don't get. People say they haven't played KH since such and such years so the PS4 version helps them get back into the game, ignoring the fact that they could've, and still can, get PS3s for dirt cheap along with 1.5 & 2.5 which has been out for a couple of years. Why the big desire to get a PS4 & this remix, but no desire to get a PS3 & that console's version of the same remixes when it came out?
    Because unless you get a really cheap used ps3, most ps3's cost around $130 on the low end and then you got the two games that can run $20 each. That is over half of the cost of a used ps4.

There may also be other Ps4 titles people want to buy like Bloodborne. Some people may not feel ok spending $150 on a dead system or just want a newer system. Many reasons why people didn't or won't get the ps3 versions and they are all valid.

A big reason to not get a ps3 and the ps3's versions was because 2.8/KH3 won't be on ps3.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-01 at 09:16 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    "You haven't done so."

>Mention it every single time a retarded post like yours is made.

HURPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Keep sucking that Squeenix cock. Your dumbass is why they split FF7's remake into 3 fully priced games. So congrats. Enjoy spending that 180 bucks. You've wrought your own dumbass fate.
    I can't even get mad at posts like this, because square Enid has done nothing but piss me off with their decisions since Fabula novella crystalis.

Don't get me started on the FF7 remake, that isn't actually a remake. Oh... And btw, it's another "innovative" action based battle system! FFXV is their last chance with a lot of people and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    FF7 remake, that isn't actually a remake.
    Do what....

Don't get me wrong I don't like the 3 disk bullshit stunt. But the FF7 remake is in fact a remake. It looks and plays nothing like the original, That is what makes it a real remake.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

You could've bought a PS3
    Wasn't a ps3 starting price $600?

Yea..... there is a reason why ps4 owners never owned a ps3
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because unless you get a really cheap used ps3, most ps3's cost around $130 on the low end and then you got the two games that can run $20 each. That is over half of the cost of a used ps4.

There may also be other Ps4 titles people want to buy like Bloodborne. Some people may not feel ok spending $150 on a dead system or just want a newer system. Many reasons why people didn't or won't get the ps3 versions and they are all valid.

A big reason to not get a ps3 and the ps3's versions was because 2.8/KH3 won't be on ps3.
    Still doesn't explain why they didn't get them in the first place when PS3s were still quite new. Were they 'so interested' in the series they just kind of fell asleep for years and completely missed or ignored their release on PS3?

There is no logical reason why the PS4 version would generate more interest than the initial PS3 release, considering the PS3 release of the two remix discs that non-Japanese players could finally play the final mix versions without a Japanese/region stripped system or without using an emulator/similar software. The PS4 re-release is merely old news to a previously released fan welcomed release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It is perfect timing. When my nephew is a couple years older this will be his first RPG series.

- - - Updated - - -

Or he could just get it all on the PS4 in advance of 3 to really build the hype...
    I would sure hope someone would buy a game or system for reasons other than 'building the hype'.

Still doesn't explain why they didn't get them in the first place when PS3s were still quite new.
    Cost is the reason. Many people own a Ps4 who never owned a Ps3, Once again this is a statement made by both Sony and Naughty Dog when they did TLOU Remaster.

There is many logical reasons why the Ps4 version would generate more interest and its done been explained many times. There is even a few people in this thread who have said they are getting it because its coming to ps4 and they never played it before, or missed out on the handheld ones.

At this point I am just repeating myself, so feel free to read this post or many others over until you get it.

Cost is the reason. Many people own a Ps4 who never owned a Ps3, Once again this is a statement made by both Sony and Naughty Dog when they did TLOU Remaster.

There is many logical reasons why the Ps4 version would generate more interest and its done been explained many times. There is even a few people in this thread who have said they are getting it because its coming to ps4 and they never played it before, or missed out on the handheld ones.

At this point I am just repeating myself, so feel free to read this post or many others over until you get it.
    I only partially buy the cost reason. PS4s are still generally around $400. If you're spending that much money for something that is purely cosmetic/for entertainment value than than the original cost of the PS3 wouldn't have been that far out there to reach imho.

Yes, I understand there are people who never played that are taking advantage of the PS4 version because it gave them a chance to jump into. However, what everyone in this thread who has posted that sentiment fail to state is that the PS3 release offered the exact same chance to jump into the game. Having it released on PS4 didn't invalidate that the same offer was provided on the system right before it. The only 'inconvenience' to the PS3 release is that it was on two discs, but that isn't that big of a deterrent to jumping into a game since you're not like buying 4+ games.

I only partially buy the cost reason. PS4s are still generally around $400. If you're spending that much money for something that is purely cosmetic/for entertainment value than than the original cost of the PS3 wouldn't have been that far out there to reach imho.

Yes, I understand there are people who never played that are taking advantage of the PS4 version because it gave them a chance to jump into. However, what everyone in this thread who has posted that sentiment fail to state is that the PS3 release offered the exact same chance to jump into the game. Having it released on PS4 didn't invalidate that the same offer was provided on the system right before it. The only 'inconvenience' to the PS3 release is that it was on two discs, but that isn't that big of a deterrent to jumping into a game since you're not like buying 4+ games.
    Besides the fact that people would have to get a Ps3 to play those at the time and now.

That is the part you are not understanding. There is people who OWN a Ps4 and NEVER OWNED a Ps3, so now they get to check the series out. When it hit ps3 they would have had to BUY a PS3 to play them.

Many people jumped ship from 360 to Ps4 and that is the people I am talking about. Then there is people like myself who buy them just for collecting and wanting a 1 disk copy.

Also you are wrong Ps4's are not generally around $400 anymore and haven't been for quite awhile.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles...rbished/112927 ($270) Used
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles...-bundle/128583 ($300) New
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles...-bundle/134658 ($300) New.

If you want to go even cheaper there is pawnshops you can get a Ps4 at for sub $250.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-02 at 02:48 AM.

Besides the fact that people would have to get a Ps3 to play those at the time and now.

That is the part you are not understanding. There is people who OWN a Ps4 and NEVER OWNED a Ps3, so now they get to check the series out. When it hit ps3 they would have had to BUY a PS3 to play them.

Many people jumped ship from 360 to Ps4 and that is the people I am talking about. Then there is people like myself who buy them just for collecting and wanting a 1 disk copy.

Also you are wrong Ps4's are not generally around $400 anymore and haven't been for quite awhile.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles...rbished/112927 ($270) Used
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles...-bundle/128583 ($300) New
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles...-bundle/134658 ($300) new.

If you want to go even cheaper there is pawnshops you can get a Ps4 at for sub $250.
    I'm not talking about people getting the PS3 versions now. As I explained in the past couple of my posts I was talking about people who, for some reason, did not buy the PS3 when it came out & the KH fans who either did not buy the PS3 remixes when they first came out or somehow did not know of their release on the system despite claiming to be a fan of the series.

I understand the rationale for people who jumped ship from Xbox to playstation 4. It is the people who played frequently on PS2, but did not ever get a PS3 that I don't understand.

Okay, I was mistaken on the price. Still doesn't invalidate my point that the new price of a PS3 wasn't that far off from a new PS4, or used PS3 to a used PS4, if the gamer is already spending hundreds of dollars out of pocket for a purely entertainment based item. On a smaller scale it is like saying that a gamer can't afford a $60 game, but regularly buy $40 games. If they had waited just a little bit longer then their expendable income would have allowed them to buy that $60 game.

Okay, I was mistaken on the price. Still doesn't invalidate my point that the new price of a PS3 wasn't that far off from a new PS4,
    It was quite far off. A New Ps3 was $600 and a New Ps4 was $400 that is a $200 difference. Hell I didn't own a Ps3 until around 2011 or 2012 due to the price of the system.

For lots of people they buy there system based on there budget. I was a massive ps2 fan but I got a 360 because it was much cheaper.

If you got $600 to spend you don't blow it on just a console. You blow it on the cheaper console and some games. Believe it or not a massive amount of gamers game on a budget. Hell some only buy at max 3-4 games a year.

The bottom line is this, There is people who missed out on the series and can now check it out. There is also people like myself who don't mind buying it again to play it on there current system (ps4) and happy its 1 disk.

I own the Ps2 copy's,Ps3 copy's and soon Ps4 copy.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-02 at 02:59 AM.

It was quite far off. A New Ps3 was $600 and a New Ps4 was $400 that is a $200 difference. Hell I didn't own a Ps3 until around 2011 or 2012 due to the price of the system.

For lots of people they buy there system based on there budget. I was a massive ps2 fan but I got a 360 because it was much cheaper.

If you got $600 to spend you don't blow it on just a console. You blow it on the cheaper console and some games. Believe it or not a massive amount of gamers game on a budget. Hell some only buy at max 3-4 games a year.
    Guess on that point we'll just have to agree to disagree. Personally I believe if you're the kind of person who can plop down hundreds of dollars for an item that is completely for fun that saving up a couple hundred more wouldn't have been that far out of reach for that individual's income & lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    As someone who never really touched the Kingdom Hearts games does this mean I can play through all of them - or at least most - if I purchase the package?
    All the games other than Dream Drop Distance which is still exclusive to the 3DS I believe. DDD is the latest released game in the series and plays a major part in setting up KH3 which is slated to come out later this millennia followed by 10 rereleases in the next year.

DDD will be on the 2.8 game that comes out in Jan.
    Added to ensure Graeham sees it. Ty Jt.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2016-11-02 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    All the games other than Dream Drop Distance which is still exclusive to the 3DS I believe. DDD is the latest released game in the series and plays a major part in setting up KH3 which is slated to come out later this millennia followed by 10 rereleases in the next year.
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/ki...#bonusFeatures

Added to ensure Graeham sees it. Ty Jt.
    Np at all

Between the Remaster Re-Release and 2.8 those who missed out on anything pre-KH3 will get to catch up.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-02 at 03:12 AM.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/ki...#bonusFeatures
    Nice. Thats pretty sweet to. My whole thing is I like having all the games in a series in one medium (thanks capcom for not releasing four phoenix wright games physically in the US now) so thats really nice to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Nice. Thats pretty sweet to. My whole thing is I like having all the games in a series in one medium (thanks capcom for not releasing four phoenix wright games physically in the US now) so thats really nice to hear.
    Yep, Can't wait for it all. I feel at E3 next year we will get a Holiday 2018 date for KH3 (and then delayed to early 2019 LOL).

I've only played the first game on PS2, and the 3DS one.

The original, I fuckin' loved it. Played the shit out of it, and explored just about everything in the game.

The 3DS one, however...I just lost interest really fast. It seems insanely complicated, tons of stats and abilities and pets and holy fucking shit sensory overload. It just seems like there's a million new systems in place, and the game shoves them all in your face in the first hour of the game.

I've never played any of the other games though, so I'm completely lost with the story. Who the fuck are these characters? What is even going on?

I got a little bit into the Hunchback from Notre Dame world and just kinda lost interest after running into the old "Where do I go? What do I do?" dilemma.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-11-02 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

The original, I fuckin' loved it. Played the shit out of it, and explored just about everything in the game.

The 3DS one, however...I just lost interest really fast. It seems insanely complicated, tons of stats and abilities and pets and holy fucking shit sensory overload It just seems like there's a million new systems in place, and the game shoves them all in your face in the first hour of the game.

I've never played any of the other games though, so I'm completely lost with the story. Who the fuck are these characters? What is even going on?

I got a little bit into the Hunchback from Notre Dame world and just kinda lost interest after running into the old "Where do I go? What do I do?" dilemma.
    Well now with the bundle coming out if ur still interested you can play from the start and know what is going on. I plan to reply them all in order so I don't miss out on any detail's I may have forgotten over the years.

Never finished DDD ether, something about it just made me stop playing.

3d is my favorite kingdom hearts game. although the ending is the only moment in kingdom hearts history where i felt it was fucking retarded.

"xehanort was actually using the organization 13 with x's in their names like horcruxes and also xehanort from the past collected all the xehanorts and ripped them from time and brought them back and now theres 13 xehanorts!"

its like.. come the fuck on. i hope time travel doesnt muddle kingdom hearts 3 too much.

i dont see why they couldnt have just had it be xehanort revived. i thought the concept of kill heartless -> kill nobody -> revived was fine. we didnt need ripoff voldemort putting pieces of his heart in a shit ton of other people to make a team of himself that was retarded
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

The 3DS one, however...I just lost interest really fast. It seems insanely complicated, tons of stats and abilities and pets and holy fucking shit sensory overload. It just seems like there's a million new systems in place, and the game shoves them all in your face in the first hour of the game.

Because the story is really all over the place. And pretty much entirely irrelevant until the very end. Also running the same story on both Sora and Riku with slight changes until the very end (or different characters acting in the same storyline capacity) is really incredibly boring. Honestly you could skip the entire story except for the "13 darknesses, 7 lights" thing and the epilogue where you learn about Kairi and Lea, and be completely fine.

Couple that, imo, with the whole "capture monsters and use them as party members" thing, as it is almost never done right in these kind of RPGs. Sora and Riku's actual combat is nice, and flowmotion is fun, but the rest of the gameplay is really subpar. I get they try to do something new with all the secondary titles in the series, but what I wouldn't have killed to just have the KH2 system in DDD, and have actual party members rather than monsters.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-11-02 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Because the story is really all over the place. And pretty much entirely irrelevant until the very end. Also running the same story on both Sora and Riku with slight changes until the very end (or different characters acting in the same storyline capacity) is really incredibly boring. Honestly you could skip the entire story except for the "13 darknesses, 7 lights" thing and the epilogue where you learn about Kairi and Lea, and be completely fine.

Couple that, imo, with the whole "capture monsters and use them as party members" thing, as it is almost never done right in these kind of RPGs. Sora and Riku's actual combat is nice, and flowmotion is fun, but the rest of the gameplay is really subpar. I get they try to do something new with all the secondary titles in the series, but what I wouldn't have killed to just have the KH2 system in DDD, and have actual party members rather than monsters.
    One of the biggest problems with the series imho. Square trying to force sequels while they figure out whats going on made the time between KH2 and DDD really arkward. After seeing the end of DDD I can be excited for 3 but if it doesn't come out soon(tm) I think people are going to forget the series existed.