Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If your girlfriend "cried" after being in a chat room in a game then she needs to learn not to take internet avatars so seriously. How do you get "screamed" at in chat? What, were the big bad players using all caps? She should have used that as a learning experience instead of taking it as a personal blow to her self esteem. Now she knows to take taunt off from her pet. And by the way, its extremely annoying as a tank to have some idiot in the group with their pet taunt on, and more often than not, its someone trolling, which is why she probably got "screamed" at.
    Not only that, why are you not guiding your girlfriend around her class? You say that she hit 110 in a month, which, for a new player, is INSANELY quick. Of course she's not going to know how to play her class well and of course other people at 110 are going to expect her to know the basics of her class.

You're getting upset that people are getting upset at someone who has no idea how to play their class.

You did this, not them. Teach your girlfriend how to play the game first. WoW isn't about blasting to 110 and getting carried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    How to avoid toxic pugs = join a guild.
    Basically it, only solution. That, or a PvE community.

As for the 'Big D dps' thing, kids gotta be kids, most who asks for it, doesn't bring it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I always report and move on. There are other groups and no need to allow that attitude to continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said it yourself, if you see a group like that you know better than to try joining them. Isn't it nice that they let you know what you were in for before you got there? Big assholes looking for big dicks, yea, I'd rather not play with the big assholes, nice of them to be upfront about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT people get triggered because they don't have big dicks.

The point of saying "big dick DPS" or any variant is precisely to put people off. The kind of person to be turned away by that description is more than likely to be terrible.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

"Anything I don't like is toxic"

No one cares. It literally does not matter. You are upset that someone uses the word "dick" to describe high damage. How petty are you? Honestly, leave people alone. If you don't like it, join a guild/group up with someone else/make your own group/etc.

Deleted
    I think the WoW player base is infatuated with another gender-exclusive bodypart...

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    For the "Big D" groups, the best solution is to also just report them for, "Offensive Name" or "Offensive Description". I'm pretty sure if those users get enough complaints it'll warrant a warning to a short term ban. Do it enough and those players will stop using those terms all together.
    You are trolling right? Right?? RIGHT???

Edit: See below "Waffen"

Quote Originally Posted by ablock View Post
    "Anything I don't like is toxic"

No one cares. It literally does not matter. You are upset that someone uses the word "dick" to describe high damage. How petty are you? Honestly, leave people alone. If you don't like it, join a guild/group up with someone else/make your own group/etc.
    This.

Deleted
    For the "Big D" groups, the best solution is to also just report them for, "Offensive Name" or "Offensive Description". I'm pretty sure if those users get enough complaints it'll warrant a warning to a short term ban. Do it enough and those players will stop using those terms all together.
    Unfortunately that doesn't work. At least not in EU.

Those reports are ignored by game masters. CM selling for real money spammers were all over group finder in WoD, I've reported them many times and I'm sure other players have reported them as well. Took half a year break, returned, saw same spammers with same character names from same realms doing same spam. GMs are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaewalk View Post
    blahlbah...

and if you fail to see how thats offensive then there is something wrong with you. What does dick size have to do with getting loot, achievements, adventure, friendship, learning. Its a big fuck you to people trying to find a group, new to the game. Its offensive to females and anyone that isn't crass or uses the game to belittle others for a sense of self worth determined by a video game.

.I just got my girlfriend to finally play wow last month...bhlabalhab
    dounds like someone is suffering from a severe case of bitterness over the small D small d m8

maybe you and your gf should have a chat about how some guys are just born this way

id also say it's a pretty bad idea to get her into wow if she's gonna get sad every time she's reminded of the existence of bigger dicks being out there.

i guess i can see why you're bitter though, being unable to pleasure youry woman because of a tiny d. kind of feel MORE bad for HER, though.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-11-02 at 03:53 PM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    How to avoid toxic pugs = join a guild.
    This. Problem solved.

How many threads like this do we need before people understand this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    You are trolling right? Right?? RIGHT???

Edit: See below "Waffen"

This.
    Well, lets look at the definition of what a toxic attitude is real quick.

negative attitude that destroys a positive environment.
    My post was melodramatic, but thats because I set the bar low for discussions of WoW on certain message boards.

The "Big D" groups I've played with tend to be the worst in terms of attitude, resiliency, and quit at first sign of hardship. I'll continue to report them when I see them in LFG because I perceive it to be a EULA Violation. If you get warned/banned, that's on you. You should know as a user that there are terms that are socially unacceptable and that Big D could be considered one of them if used in the wrong setting/context.

Deleted
    Big dick dps/bring brain is probably the most retarded shit ive ever seen form these pugs.

generally I just put

>+8/9/10 2-3 chest 875+ link achieve
    >smooth run minimum 2 chest link conqueror or at least 4/7 mythic en. be respectful

works fine.

Well, lets look at the definition of what a toxic attitude is real quick.

My post was melodramatic, but thats because I set the bar low for discussions of WoW on certain message boards.

The "Big D" groups I've played with tend to be the worst in terms of attitude, resiliency, and quit at first sign of hardship. I'll continue to report them when I see them in LFG because I perceive it to be a EULA Violation. If you get warned/banned, that's on you. You should know as a user that there are terms that are socially unacceptable and that Big D could be considered one of them if used in the wrong setting/context.
    Big, dick, 'big dick' are not socially UNACCEPTABLE. What world do you live in there bub?

I wonder what the TOS/EULA has to say about all this "big dick" immaturity.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    I look at the group finder every day, several times, and I've never seen this term o.O
    Same.

But the people who publicly advertise a website known for real money boosts are still there, after years of reports.

I can understand that blizzard can't find anything to pin on the "add me on skype for price" guys, but this is literally "wts boosts for <insert long list of things>, check <website> for details", and that website lists prices in dollars/euros
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

On the rare occasion I am joining a PUG, this sort of thing helps me know which ones to avoid. I don't see how this could bother you.

As you said:

I roll my eyes now and never join these types because its always full ragers/bitchfest the few times I have.
    We should be thanking them for showcasing their immaturity and allowing us to avoid their groups.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-11-02 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added the quote

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Same. I play in EU tho, maybe it's an American thing?
    Must be, but everything Americans do, us Europeans get confused by it any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    Big dick dps/bring brain is probably the most retarded shit ive ever seen form these pugs.

generally I just put

>+8/9/10 2-3 chest 875+ link achieve
    >smooth run minimum 2 chest link conqueror or at least 4/7 mythic en. be respectful

works fine.
    Yea if I pug, and I see "bring brain" I avoid it like the plague. I don't know why it annoys me, but it does!

Continue posting on the topic at hand and NOT about the users within the thread. Please, and thank you.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

I hate to say it, but based on my experience, the nicer the pug group is, the least likely it is to finish the run. So really, it comes down to comfort vs completion many times.