Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will they talk about pristine realms at Blizzcon?

Sounded like something I'd be interested in, but we haven't heard anything since around April. Do you think they'll talk about it? Are they working on them? Or have they ditched the idea?

Doubt it since they aren't talking about Legacy.

we already have a megathread about this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Doubt it since they aren't talking about Legacy.
    What does legacy have to do with pristine servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    What does legacy have to do with pristine servers?
    Pristine was suggested as an alternative and to shut people up.

Deleted
    Sounded like something I'd be interested in, but we haven't heard anything since around April. Do you think they'll talk about it? Are they working on them? Or have they ditched the idea?
    They said last week that there would not be talk of it, no. It's still on though at some point I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    They said last week that there would not be talk of it, no. It's still on though at some point I guess.
    They said that about pristine servers? I believe they said that about classic servers. Pristine is different.

They said that about pristine servers? I believe they said that about classic servers. Pristine is different.
    It was suggested as an alternative to classic by the Devs. I highly doubt that it will be talked about either if it was just an alternative.

Hopefully not. I'd much rather them just bin this topic and let the private server community have what it wants and let Nost reopen.
    No one wants a "pristine" realm.
    The idea they are trying to import is that leveling would be fun and maybe even competitive again if they removed all the anti-social anti-world things, but as some one who has leveled 1-60 naked during 7.0, I can tell you that even that is too fast.
    The major issue with leveling is the pacing is just a mess, and the damage the player does is out of control.
    The game isn't balanced properly, and even if you stay in one zone for its entirety, you get far too much out of it far too quick to the point that you end up skipping most of the surrounding zones.

What I WOULD support is them rebalancing leveling severely and making realms for that.
    Make it actually difficult, and no not "difficult" like it was in Classic, where the only difficulty was if you pulled 2 mobs and your 3 abilities couldn't kill them fast enough.

I'm talking about actual mechanics like in Mythic+. High density mobs, mobs you are forced to kite, mobs that do a frontal slash regularly.
    In my head, I can picture something like Dark Souls PVE. Every mechanic is very dangerous, but 100 percent avoidable.
    I would play that, but would others?

Either way, simply removing heirlooms and LFD is not what people want.
    They want a game where everything was shit except the world itself. Classic wow played like a real RPG, and despite its hideous class balance and systems, it still is worth checking out 12 years later just to explore the world in a state where you aren't overpowering everything without any gear on.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It was suggested as an alternative to classic by the Devs. I highly doubt that it will be talked about either if it was just an alternative.
    It saddens me that pristine servers have to be connected to the legacy discussion.

Deleted
    What is a pristine realm?

Deleted
    I hope not, every second spent on that stupid idea is a massive waste of time.

It saddens me that pristine servers have to be connected to the legacy discussion.
    Then stick to the megathread.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    No one wants a "pristine" realm.
    No one?

I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    What is a pristine realm?
    Basically current wow with no heirlooms or xp buffs like potions. They mentioned no increase in difficulty of actual levelling so it would just be current WoW with still piss easy levelling it would just take more time. The moment they mentioned the idea it was negatively received.

Then stick to the megathread.
    I will, when I want to talk about classic servers.

One thing is for certain, someone should and someone will.

It's up to Blizzard to decide if they do it or not, but someone will inevitably do it

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Why in gods name would you or anyone be interested in pristine servers. Its a total joke suggestion and hopefully they wont.

No we dont, we have an abuse thread that goes round in circles of spam thats being kept alive by roughly 5 incredibly anti vanilla posters that literally seem to just sit there all day.

Merging any threads on the matter is nothing but poor moderation aimed at stifling discussion about the game. You and everyone else knows the topic just dies when it goes to that joke of a megathread.
    Tbh that Megathread has just died literally people just go in there to either post garbage, anti legacy people arguing or zealots just posting nonsensical garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    One thing is for certain, someone should and someone will.

It's up to Blizzard to decide if they do it or not, but someone will inevitably
    You know Pristine isn't classic right?

Deleted
    Basically current wow with no heirlooms or xp buffs like potions. They mentioned no increase in difficulty of actual levelling so it would just be current WoW with still piss easy levelling it would just take more time. The moment they mentioned the idea it was negatively received.
    Oh okay. Thanks for the clarification!

Sounds just like vanilla levelling to me! The time sink and grind was the only thing difficult tho...